Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
7x47

What type of dog do you own?

As of May he is no longer with us, but my old man Ron, who we got as a puppy from the neighbors in 2006, was a mutt with some terrier blood in him from his mom's side and probably some pinscher/basenji(?) from his dad's side. A super-fluffy leggy chaos machine, a fuckin badass puppy that trucked all the way to 15 years and 11 months. Before a laundry list of ailments hit him full force the last few months, he was a chipper man with a hatred for brushie time and a penchant for obliterating christmas wrapping, saying "nom" for treats, and simping over the neighborhood bitches lmao what a guy. i miss the mans

image dump incoming:

Spoiler

IMG_20210609_091946.jpg

pgoWny3.jpg

unknown.png

jCq3obb.jpg

IMG_20200721_150855.jpg

IMG_20210718_110000.jpg

IMG_20220501_155835.jpg

I currently have 3. The oldest is a pure pekingese. The next oldest is a pekingese mixed with a long hair chihuahua. And the baby is i chihuahua mixed with a miniature toy poodle.

20220331_182600.jpg

20180920_110553.jpg

Sorry for so many posts but i am new at this. Just wanted to add that those three are my best friends in the whole world and you can tell my wife, my son, or Jeff, Rick or Joe that i said that!!! 😀 I wake up at 3 am just so i have time to take them on a two hour walk every single morning and it is my absolute favorite part of my day. Really its what gets me through the day and looking forward to the next one. With the older two i havnt missed a day in seven years and i couldnt imagine a life without my boys! 

Screenshot_20221223_192735.jpg.c5487682be929579c4f94270b2e6442a.jpg

Siberian Husky. Adopting her wasn't so much a new pet as it was a lifestyle change. They said Huskies aren't like other dogs, and they were right. She's almost like having a feral animal in the house, but utterly dependant on routine being in lockstep. There's an unspoken deal; she's going to destroy something, and it's up to us to provide that thing, or she will choose for us. Thus, bones and pig ears are now budgeted into the weekly grocery list. 

24 minutes ago, Ed said:

Siberian Husky. Adopting her wasn't so much a new pet as it was a lifestyle change. They said Huskies aren't like other dogs, and they were right. She's almost like having a feral animal in the house, but utterly dependant on routine being in lockstep. There's an unspoken deal; she's going to destroy something, and it's up to us to provide that thing, or she will choose for us. Thus, bones and pig ears are now budgeted into the weekly grocery list. 

They are amazing animals but in my opinion they shouldn't be kept like traditional dogs. That's not what they were bred for. They are a hell of a lot of work. Good luck, hopefully the effort is worth it.

a wainer dawg. no good pic cuz i cant upload a half a skittle worth of a pic, but heres a 64x64 version so you can use him as a doom texture20221206_212503.jpg.637e8d6ff0f758fbe9383ea180c26ca3.jpg 

his name is frankie

1 hour ago, ChaseC7527 said:

a wainer dawg. no good pic cuz i cant upload a half a skittle worth of a pic, but heres a 64x64 version so you can use him as a doom texture20221206_212503.jpg.637e8d6ff0f758fbe9383ea180c26ca3.jpg 

his name is frankie

https://doomshack.org/uploads/FRANKIE.wad

some of my finest work

9 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

A cat.

Not a dog person, huh? ...or did you wander into the wrong thread? :-P

Anyway, we used to have a Cockapoo, which is a hybrid breed of Cocker Spaniel and Poodle.

She was a good dog..

A dog named Lucas, it's from my brother though so... yeah.

I also have a black cat name Kira, but that's also from my OTHER brother.

7 hours ago, HavoX said:

Not a dog person, huh? ...or did you wander into the wrong thread? :-P

I've had dogs before. The last dog I had was back in high school (1977-1981). It was a miniature Dachshund named Baron, which was short for Baron von Kurtz und Lange (Baron von Short and Long). He was a wimpy little dog, but stubborn all the same, like most Dachshunds are. Hard as hell to housebreak.

I much preferred my grandfather's dog at the time, a Rat Terrier named Angel. She was smart as a whip and loyal to him like mad. She lived up to her name, too. We killed a field mouse (a.k.a. "rat") out behind his home up at Spicewood on Lake Travis one day and let her have a sniff of it. She went nuts. The next time she encountered a live rodent outside, she chased it to its death.

https://imgur.com/a/Kjs8eMi

My pup, Snoopy.

My wife and I rescued him from the ACS back in 2019. He's 6 years old currently.

He's a boxer mix (it didn't specify what he's mixed with in his documentation).

He loves to play, farts a lot, enjoys pizza crust and sleeps.

He knows when I have my episodes of PTSD and comforts me.

Such a great pup.