Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

WA and Flats

Okay...I get this texture wad from someone else (in WinTex) for a project we're doing. I look through all the wall textures, and every one of them is there. Then I look through the flats, and theres only supposed to be one new one in there. So I look for it in WA, but its not there!

The missing flat is supposed to be called CONS1_9 (it's just the missing East-facing console flat). After not finding it in WA, I decided to just manualy type in it's name. Unfortunately, WA didn't recognise it so it wouldn't run in the little WARUN program. Next, I tried ZDoom, but since WA didn't recognise it, I guess it built it as having no texture, and thus turned up as a blue and white checkerboard (I'm guessing thats the missing texture flat for ZDoom). Finaly, I just downloaded WinTex and checked with it...lo and behold it was there.

So I have no clue why the Hell it won't show up. I mean, I used WA to look at the 3057demo.wad flats and it showed all of them just like it was supposed to even though they use different names. So like...wtf is going on? I kinda really need this for my level.

Okay, I got it working in ZDoom...I just forgot to include the texture wad (beginner's mistake :P). But still...why can't WA see this?

For some reason the new flats don't show up in WA when you scroll down the list of flats. They are there, though - type the flat name in manually (in the sector properties box), ignore the 'bad floor/ceiling texture' message in the bug checker and provided you include images from your graphics wad they will appear when you run the game from inside WA. (and this works for any port, and even with doom2.exe)

actualy as long as your flats are between F_START and F_END they will show up in wadAuthor at least they do for me.

Cyrez said:

actualy as long as your flats are between F_START and F_END they will show up in wadAuthor at least they do for me.

Same here.

Cyrez said:

Then you realize GOTHICTX had FF_START instead >_<

Cyrez said:

Yes, that is correct.

Ultimate DooMer said:

For some reason the new flats don't show up in WA when you scroll down the list of flats. They are there, though - type the flat name in manually (in the sector properties box), ignore the 'bad floor/ceiling texture' message in the bug checker and provided you include images from your graphics wad they will appear when you run the game from inside WA. (and this works for any port, and even with doom2.exe)

Yeah, I did that, but still...I get errors when I try to run the bastard from WA. Slows down my checking time a bit. Oh well. At least its a tolerable problem now. I think I'll just close this if I can figure out how. :P

Thanks for the help people.

o_O

Well, I'll pass this on to Baldy when he gets back. He's the one who made it.

So that's what I was doing wrong all these months. I renamed F_END to FF_END and the flats appeared in WA! (that's what happens when you use Wintex, which generates FF_START and F_END)

Danarchist: Go into Wintex, find an entry called F_END and rename it to FF_END, this will fix the problem. (if you already have an FF_END entry in the wad, then find an entry called F_START and rename that to FF_START)

Okay cool...thanks Shaviro, Deathz0r and Ultimae Doomer...it works now.

Now there is only one last error in our wad...COMPSTA1 refuses to work. It's there in all the editors, but whenever we load it up, we get HOM. I mean, the editors seem to pick it up okay before and after nodes are built - there are no errors at all. But in-game it's fux0red. Any idea how to fix this?