Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manhs

Hexen - Rebirth of Cronos - Teaser (High Quality 3D mod for GZDOOM) RELEASED!

Hexen - Rebirth of Cronos - Gameplay Teaser

Hexen - Rebirth of Cronos is a Modding Project by Emmanuel Frechou (Project Leader) which will be available in GZDoom, created by a Team of capable Developers such as Grigoriy (3D Designer/Modeller) and DaXx (3D Modeller, VFX Artist, Coder, Level Designer) in GZDoom.

The version coming will be the 0,9 and will be completed later. (A very few textures, FX and XDeath animations)

Gameplay Teaser:

A few screenshots in this video:

DOWNLOAD LINK 0.91:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/hexen-rebirth-of-cronos-version-09/downloads/hexen-rebirth-of-cronos-091

Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/QS2gr2jhgv

Edited by Manhs

eKLN1Lt.png

I want to note, this effect is significantly different from the original and looks pretty disgusting. If it is not possible to make a high-quality effect, it is better not make it at all. Make only glow, so the hand remains similar to the hand.

I will check with the programmer/artist, we could lower the flashy effect i suppose or only glow.

Some monsters were resized to fit better with the originals, which is hard because some design are a bit different and have to find a good balance.

6min of gameplay video:

release of 0.9 very soon!

(sorry for the quality of the video, this time, its me who made it, i should have updated movie studio)
EDIT: Fixed, i removed the video and put one with a better quality :)

Edited by Manhs

Great job. Runs really good despite its daunting resource size. The monster models are freaking excellent, not to mention the other details I was picking up on here and there....in the Start map!.

You need pay attention to PBR materials. The stones look wet, the dry leaves look metallic, the rotten wood shines like polished... Only metal, glass, water, ice, etc. should shine, otherwise textures looks unnatural.

Spoiler

0pjv3fe.png

XINuz5e.png

uAxLiiE.png

Hi,

I do not know what but I have something bad or this light is OK? I set how is in read me. Vanilla/Precache textures. I try GZdoom4.8.2 and 4.10

Spoiler

1739931021_BaseProfileScreenshot2022_12.08-18_56_16_39.png.fbb6d2ed702b058a20ce8acba78a4e64.png

in this video is different light

Edited by Marcelus

On 11/27/2022 at 5:26 AM, Manhs said:

Doomenator, GZDOOM doesnt have full pbr support, metallic and roughness maps dont work properly.

That's not the problem at all. Don't make matte surfaces shiny.

It is the problem, cause of since metallic and roughness don't work, DaXx need to use specular.
The way you talk is like if you give orders but we didn't ask for this kind of opinions :)

Marcelus> He modified the light stuff of the maps, DaXx could have did the same for the first version of RoC but i asked him to keep it like the original, its pretty but it could look too dark for some people.
Andrew Doomer plan to remake the maps with it so you will have this version too.

Edited by Manhs

On 12/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, Doomenator said:

That's not the problem at all. Don't make matte surfaces shiny.

Maybe chill out a little. This project looks incredible. I don't even like Hexen but the work that's been done makes me want to play all the way through it again.

7 hours ago, Manhs said:

Сause of since metallic and roughness don't work, DaXx need to use specular.

The way you talk is like if you give orders

So, don't use specular on matte surfaces. The problem is not how it glitters, but why it glitters at all.
I just pointed to the flaws, and what to do I'll leave up to you. I care about the quality of the your product only from the user's perspective.

If you don't need such feedback, just ignore my messages.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:14 AM, Doomenator said:

You need pay attention to PBR materials. The stones look wet, the dry leaves look metallic, the rotten wood shines like polished... Only metal, glass, water, ice, etc. should shine, otherwise textures looks unnatural.

Reveal hidden contents

0pjv3fe.png

XINuz5e.png

uAxLiiE.png

That will result in the normal maps not working anymore due to no initial light interaction, thanks for the conversation, it's enough now, you are getting something on a remaster level for free, and still you argue about such a small detail, it'll be changed as soon as pbr works.

5 hours ago, DaXx said:

That will result in the normal maps not working anymore due to no initial light interaction, thanks for the conversation, it's enough now, you are getting something on a remaster level for free, and still you argue about such a small detail, it'll be changed as soon as pbr works.

If I understand correctly, is the project conceived as a serious and qualitative change in the visual component of the game?

However, when it has a flaw at the level of basic things, I don't think it's a small detail.
Besides to specular and normal maps, there is also "roughness", heightmap or displacement, ets. By combining different values of these parameters, you can get not a bad result. Provided that there is a desire to change something for the better.

Spoiler

vRh9BZc.png

tsnibaT.png

19 hours ago, ERAFOX said:

i follow steps . update gzdoom and still get icons of error everywhere... 

Probably because you start it with the DOOM2.WAD.

You need to start it with the HEXEN.WAD iwad.

It took me quite a bit of trial and error to understand this, as the doc does not mention it at all, thinking it is obvious or something...

Edited by bobbie424242

I completed the first hub with this mod and found it to be incredible!

Seeing the models and textures redone for modern hardware is quite something.

I only had played Hexen once at the time of its release and I do not think I even completed it,

stuck in a later hub. This mod really makes me want to complete it this time.

46 minutes ago, bobbie424242 said:

I completed the first hub with this mod and found it to be incredible!

Seeing the models and textures redone for modern hardware is quite something.

I only had played Hexen once at the time of its release and I do not think I even completed it,

stuck in a later hub. This mod really makes me want to complete it this time.

Great to hear that, I'm glad you like it!

58 minutes ago, DaXx said:

Great to hear that, I'm glad you like it!

Thank you (and your team) for making it in the first place as this must have been an insane amount of work.

That's something incredible to go from the old sprite based models to new 3D models animated smoothly.

That and the new textures really showcases how gzdoom is a modern engine on its own.