Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubh

Media blackout??

Whats going on?? There hasn't been a shred of new news in so long.
Has id decided to give nothing to us since alpha leak??
In one way, I don't blame them but I am getting really sick waiting.
I have refused to play the alpha and there is only so many times I can watch gameplay video.

They must have a release date in their minds.
Even if they gave an approximate date I would be satisfied.
Don't get me wrong, Im a serious id fan but Im kinda sick of this "When its done" bullshit. That sounded impressive last year like "oooohhh they're not giving anything up on this one, very exciting" but now Im plain bored waiting. I know it will be this year sometime but when. I have read everything on the web about a gazillion times.
WTF??

Sorry dsm, delete thread if you like but I had to just blow off some steam.

There have been quite a few new screenshots and information released in games magazines lately. And we do have an approximate release date: before this year's E3. So unless something unexpected happens, we will see the game released in the following six months.

Lord FlatHead said:

There have been quite a few new screenshots and information released in games magazines lately. And we do have an approximate release date: before this year's E3. So unless something unexpected happens, we will see the game released in the following six months.

id software was looking for a new sound designer some time ago. He was supposed to work 6 months. This supports the 'before E3' release date theory.

Well I was around for it but i was to young to really remember well. I do remember the first time I played it though omg it was heaven....or should a I say hell..

I never pieced together the 6 month working period (sound job)
Thanks for the eye opener guys.

Feeling better today anyhow, was having bad day last week.
Getting a little too impatient.

Wish I could get my hands on every mag worldwide that says anything about Doom3

Sorry again about the rant on Friday.

There has been new alpha pics as well as new patches for the Alpha,why do you say no new news?

GodHand said:

There has been new alpha pics as well as new patches for the Alpha,why do you say no new news?

See this important post for an explanation of why that wouldn't be a valid news item.

Yeah man, that isn't really valid news. I mean the alpha to me is like working on the set of your fave movie.

I'm only interested in the legal stuff.
Not because I am a wonderful law abiding citizen :D
but because I don't want to ruin anything on myself or others
by posting about it.

GodHand said:

Patches for the Alpha!? Those can't have been released by id and as such, they're illegal. Now go figure.

I personally think that Doom3 being releaesed before this year's E3 is a little too good to be true. Think about how big id has said this game will be, think about the technology going into it, and the music, sound, etc etc. I think the release date before E3 is a little too optimistic.

yeah.. I still think a releasedate around july would be more realistic