Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gougaru

Tell me your most bs moment during a playthrough

The unsuspecting shotgun guy killing me from a long distance away.

3 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Strafing directly into a Cybie rocket 

Something like this, especially when you see it coming and it sort of scares you into it.

Strafing into almost every (or at least one) Mancubus fireball without fail.

I'm not sure if it's just me or what but I've always found Mancubus projectiles to be the hardest to dodge in UV.

4 minutes ago, Fernito said:

Trying to make enemies infight but the one that's behind FRICKIN' NEVER SHOOTS.

That is literally you every 7 seconds. I've watched you play. :)

2 hours ago, Kyka said:

That is literally you every 7 seconds. I've watched you play. :)

Hahaha ikr? That's why I'm always so angry when I play >:c

The final fight of Stardate 20x6 map 07. 45 minutes of precision combat and two archie jumps to get an early red key, only to be slapped with an RNG fight that kills you 9/10 times. 

Fun.  

Non clutch moments? - Every minute I spent playing Sunder. Don't get me wrong, superb mapset. Me overcoming those combat arenas... less superb.

1 hour ago, DoomPlayer00 said:

Running into cover from Archvile's attack but getting bodyblocked by a lost soul and therefore getting zapped.

Or, even worse, getting body blocked by a small. gray. tree.

Now I'm not saying that this has ever happened to me or anything. And I'm especially not saying that this happened last night or anything. Definitely not while playing 2022ADO.wad. And it definitely didn't happen after not saving for ages.

Nope. None of those things happened.

If level-specific stuff is allowed, then I'd go with the teleporter in MAP12 of Doom 2 (The Factory) that sends you right into the face of 4 imps on all sides. It's good that they thought of putting a supercharge right after you're done, but still, it really is bullshit.

my worst moment playing Doom goes all the way back to my first playthrough of Doom 2, naturally on The Chasm. basically, on the final room with the tightrope and Lost Souls, i saved right as a Lost Soul bumped me off the ledge. like, right as i slipped off the edge.

i'm getting mad thinking about it again. its funny, because i actually kinda like the Chasm now.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, Gougaru said:

We all have clutch moments.. what was your opposite of that?

Getting hit with an 80 damage Revenant missile and proceeding to face rocket an Imp while my screen's red. Happens more than I'd like to admit.

Testing a map, didn't realize I saved right when there was a revenant ball just half an inch away from me. Didn't know it was there, I died and when I respawned it was an instant death. No chance of me moving. Had to restart the map. 

I had low health and since the revenant ball was so close to me I was screwed in all ways possible. Not my most BS moment but I was annoyed. 

On 11/9/2022 at 11:03 PM, pcorf said:

The unsuspecting shotgun guy killing me from a long distance away.

It sucks a lot, even more when you die and the camera turns right to the Shotgunner and you see him, mocking you by idling...