Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bubbabyte

Best Deathmatch Maps in the Unity Ports? (Including Maps From Add-Ons)

Including official add-ons like Revolution!, Doom Zero, BTSX Episodes 1 and 2, and all the others, what are the best maps for Deathmatch in the Unity ports? E1M1 of Rekkr is the only one I can personally vouch for (along with a couple of the DM arenas in Sigil).

10 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Doom 2 MAP01 and MAP07

That's such an incredibly low bar it's beneath the crust of the earth.

I don't really understand the point of this question. I mean, the Unity port doesn't even has multiplayer. (Or at least I don't recall seeing multiplayer options on the steam version)

3 hours ago, Herr Dethnout said:

I don't really understand the point of this question. I mean, the Unity port doesn't even has multiplayer. (Or at least I don't recall seeing multiplayer options on the steam version)

Maybe actually look at the main menu before posting.

Do you have a computer that can run Doom decently well and 2 USB gamepads? Your best option would be to play on PC using a splitscreen port. There’s plenty of great cooperative options with the Unity addons, but for DM, the maps range from “bad” to “worse”, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Do you have a computer that can run Doom decently well and 2 USB gamepads? Your best option would be to play on PC using a splitscreen port. There’s plenty of great cooperative options with the Unity addons, but for DM, the maps range from “bad” to “worse”, unfortunately.

Have list of split-screen ports? I looked into this years ago and thought

that Legacy was the only one that attempted to do this...

There is SSZDoom which iirc had even more bugs than Legacy, but I think EDGE also supports splitscreen.

The day there’s an easy-to-use OOB option for splitscreen deathmatching with some friends, I’ll dance around like a fucking ballerina. I’ve been wanting it since 2004 and at best I get broken port recommendations and at worst I get scoffed at and people fart in my general direction for daring to think local DM is fun, even though it consistently proves to be true across several different friend groups I’ve been part of over the years.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:20 PM, Edward850 said:

Maybe actually look at the main menu before posting.

Oh yeah, but I was referring to online multiplayer sorry for not pointing that :P

On 11/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, prfunky said:

Have list of split-screen ports? I looked into this years ago and thought

that Legacy was the only one that attempted to do this...

The only that I now is LZDoom.