Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

flash quake

while i have played quake for years i have come apon something very odd. so let me tell you a story about quake.

I just made a new computer, but thats really got nothing to do with quake. the parts of my old computer were used to make a new computer for my dad. oddly i used all original parts, except case, hard disk and modem. Has same window98 as i had. i played quake on that computer for years and never saw this. anyway i load quake onto my dad's new system only to find a very odd bug. The game has become supper charged its like someone turned the turbo on and tossed crack into the mix. The player can outrun nails, rockets and such(given there is a long passage)

I did not do anything, just installed and started a game. then bam, wierd, yet wonderful bug. Anyways this must be one of those random hardware configs that does this. I will have to find out what causes this.

anyone else out there seen this thing before.

Heh, I like messing around with the speed in ZDoom and running past my rockets then like...stopping a bit in front of an enemy, then rockets fly from behind me to destroy the beast. It's great.

BBG said:

Heh, I like messing around with the speed in ZDoom and running past my rockets then like...stopping a bit in front of an enemy, then rockets fly from behind me to destroy the beast. It's great.

You know that the Doomguy IS capable of outrunning rockets without turbo.

Heh...I remember in Duke Nukem 3D, you could shoot yourself with the RPG by taking steriods and running past the rocket.

Duke3d also had shooting-through-teleporter.
that was awesome. :)
that game was a giggle-fest in deathmatch. guaranteed fun.

I would say that game ruled, but whenever I do, everyone else says "OMG IT WAS TEH UGLY RETERDED".

flash quake

Argh! When I read that title, I thought "Cool, someone's found a flash game of Quake a la Damnation (Damnation is a Doom flash game which was quite interesting and at times very involving)!"

And then it's just something about the regular PC Quake with a weird bug, I HATE YOU!!! DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!! *STAB, STAB, STAB*

(j/k about the "bloodlust mode" in which I said I hated you and all).

That reminds me. I have to reinstall Quake. One of the *.paks got corrupted. I was just starting to get used to 3D editing too. (not really)

(actually, what I really use Quake is for taking screenshots of new weapons I make to put into doom.)

dsm said:

Argh! When I read that title, I thought "Cool, someone's found a flash game of Quake a la Damnation (Damnation is a Doom flash game which was quite interesting and at times very involving)!"

Is that the one Gerbil was coding?

I remember him visiting here with updates on a flash version of Doom (although I didn't know it was called Damnation), then he just disappeared and I haven't heard of him or the game since.

Lüt said:

Is that the one Gerbil was coding?

I remember him visiting here with updates on a flash version of Doom (although I didn't know it was called Damnation), then he just disappeared and I haven't heard of him or the game since.

Dunno, but it's the one which has a flash intro.

There's only e1m1 in that flash game - you start off outside the door to the Hangar, then you go in and there's no enemies around until you reach what I usually call "the computer room of E1m1" - big hall with lots of computer panels at the walls before the room with the zig-zag path over the slime. Here you check a presumably dead marine who turns out to be a zombie that tries to strangle you - that game.