Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

good deals

i went to a computer shop today to find some kickass deals. they had AMD cpu's 800 and up to 1.4ghz for $30. i almost jumped at that but i have a slot mother board instead of socket. however i got a 128MB ram stick for $20 i already have 192mb ram so this will just be more. I also got a cooling fan for my cd drive. they also had older parts like superIO cards and Svga cards for $1 each.

/me grabs the script and flips trough it.

Oh yeah, ok, this is the part where I come in and say "SO WHAT ?" I know that around here, people aren't very likely to stick to the subject (the computer game Doom - I bet quite a few of you forgot), but this isn't a goddamn hardware forum.

This is why the concept of a "diary" was invented. Give it a thought.

Jesus Christ Superstar...where the fuck do you live? Taiwan?

You probably eat Crispy Silicon for breakfast and Semiconductors for dinner.

Sephiroth - 128MB ram for $20 is about right. It's FUCKING cheap at the moment. I take it the 800 chip was a duron. They are really cheap as well, but not quite that cheap in most places. I can get old graphics card by the truckload for about 50p each.

You people live in Paradise. 128 MBs are $60 here, and that's lousy Ukranian technology (no offense).

i went to a computer shop today to find some kickass deals. they had AMD cpu's 800 and up to 1.4ghz for $30. i almost jumped at that but i have a slot mother board instead of socket. however i got a 128MB ram stick for $20 i already have 192mb ram so this will just be more. I also got a cooling fan for my cd drive. they also had older parts like superIO cards and Svga cards for $1 each.

For those prices I'd get a new motherboard too... must be cheap there anyway...

You people live in Paradise. 128 MBs are $60 here, and that's lousy Ukranian technology (no offense).

I bought 1 gig of pc133 for ~$150 ... can get that same gig of pc133 for about $80 now.

Sure, I will. I will get a gig of DDR memory, 2600, for a little over what Arioch paid.

There, that got it. =D

A CURSE UPON YOU!!!!

If I wanna get decent prices, I gotta ask a friend to buy the stuff, stuck it inside an Ethernet Net Card box WITH the bill, so the fuckers on Customs charge me for the network card and NOT for the contents. Yes, that is illegal. :P

*finds a nice place ro rub stuff in on Zaldrons face*

For $800 I am getting a computer that was around $2,000 dollars originally earlier this year. Which also had a Geforce3 and some extra ram added on to it later.

*rubs some more stuff into Zaldrons face*

Also I am going to waste my life sitting infront of it. Occasionally my ass will start to hurt and I might get up to get something to eat either that or take one of my many showers during the night.

That's way more than what I wanted to know. LOOK! IT'S A NEW DOOM MEGAWAD!!!!!

/me runs away.

I can remember when memory was $60 per meg!! That would have made 256 meg $15,360, you guys don't know how lucky you are! :)

I can remember when memory was $60 per meg!! That would have made 256 meg $15,360, you guys don't know how lucky you are! :)

I remember that. Which makes the current prices all the more worth savoring over.

if i had more money i would have goten a motherboard and the AMD chip, also they had P4 1ghz-1.4ghz for $50. this place has kick ass deals. yea i too remeber when ram was about 60 per meg. we got a 4 meg stick for a 486 for 80 once, 20 per meg then

Uhm, does this store have a site? Because up here in Canada a P4 1+GHz is over 200 dollars! WTF!

I'm pretty sure he's talking about a local discount place. We have a big 'Computer Show And Sale Blowout' every first Sunday of the month. At those things you can get PC parts at those dirt cheap prices. Most of them are used, though, and I simply don't buy used parts.

If you really want to get some good prices, you could try looking at Pricewatch.com.

its a little more than a local discount store and it has a site so here
[url http://www.northmontcomputers.com /url computer parts]