Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Soooo i am doing a school project and my teacher allowed me to make a doom mod on the condition that i censor it  so anyone dare to try my mod

Plot:

You are the duck warrior and you have to fight through the defences of the Gluten Factory (Becuase ducks cant have gluten) and destroy it 

[removed for warez]

1 hour ago, prfunky said:

Missing texture here:

Screenshot_Doom_20221118_232722.png

oh i did not notice that (sorry for responding late) ill fix any issues in a future bulid also did u run it in doom2 or doom 1

Edited by DuckonACacoDemon

28 minutes ago, DuckonACacoDemon said:

oh i did not notice that (sorry for responding late) ill fix any issues in a future bulid also did u run it in doom2 or doom 1

Doom 1.

34 minutes ago, prfunky said:

Doom 1.

ok thats good ive fixed it

along with some out of place textures

Edited by DuckonACacoDemon

On 11/20/2022 at 1:33 AM, DuckonACacoDemon said:

this fourm is ded

Just because you don't get immediate response doesn't mean the forum is dead.

If there is something worthwhile to add to the thread (Like a major update to your WAD, for instance) than a bump makes sense.

6 minutes ago, DuckonACacoDemon said:

who asked

Nobody, but bumping your thread with the implication that the forum is dead, ignoring the fact that we have different timezones and people having lives outside Doom, that is a surefire way to get recognition in a negative way.

@DuckonACacoDemon

First of all, I don't think that this is legal to distribute Doom.wad IWAD along with your map and/or mod.

If you want some free IWAD to use - check out for FreeDoom.wad, at least.

Then... I do not want to be rude, but maps itself are really doesn't have high level of detail that allows you to be so mean.

Very basic and amateurish small episode, I don't understand why the only maps with height variation are the 1st and the 4th, since the other are just plain labyrinth-like rooms with the same heights and no doors to divide the map, with the exception of the exit that is textured as a door.

However, plays and feel like a 1994 first map effort, only with less bugs.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:37 AM, DuckonACacoDemon said:

Has Anyone found the secret in e1m2 with the bfg just wondering its also broken

No, i didn't find it.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:33 AM, DuckonACacoDemon said:

this fourm is ded

On 11/20/2022 at 3:48 AM, Nevander said:

Forum's not. Thread is.

1 hour ago, DuckonACacoDemon said:

who asked

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

Just because you don't get immediate response doesn't mean the forum is dead.

Lol, that escalated quickly.

Way too easy and uninspiring. I just ran past everyone because I didn't feel like playing legit. You know why?

Because the map doesn't even have anything to explore. It's just a wide open area with random insterted enemies here and there.

Next time, please try to come up with something more original. Try to focus on quality over quantity. We all know mapping takes time,

and making even decend maps takes even more time. But people will play your decend map rather than 5 rushed vanilla BGM featuring

90's caricatyres. You need to play some more wads and grow your taste.

5 hours ago, DuckonACacoDemon said:

who asked

You did.

If you want proper feedback, be patient, ask around. Don't be rude ass self important rooster looking for a hen to fuck. (I should know, I've behaved like that myself. Did not end well)

I was going to record the maps with feedback, but now I'll skip the trouble.

Played your maps. Typical attempts at first wad. No idea, why you even used custom textures. At this point, basic elevation is missing, basic doorway, missing, unimaginative texture work, and quite frankly, so many rookie mistakes it's obvious you did not put that much effort into finding mapping tutorials.

While I try to be as accomodating as possible in my commentaries, I can tell that it's your first effort at mapping, but that it is also a very low effort at mapping. I've seen worse looking wads with more effort than you and more respectful attitude than yours.

I'd have phrased it a bit more kindly, but yeah, IcarusOfDaggers has a point: there are many projects on this forum that are vying for people's attention and no-one is under obligation to play your work, so it pays to handle things with a bit of decorum when releasing it into the wild. I'd also recommend checking out the link Icarus put in their first post, it's got a fair few pointers that are quite useful for folks releasing their first public work.

Ok i tried this out and i hate to say it but....this feels like it belongs in a late 90's / early 00's shovel ware wad collection.

My main issue with this is the maps are way way WAY to big, the enemies are super low and it just feel like it was all shoe horned in to get people to play it.

Now i'm not saying this to be an ass or anything and trust me my very first doom wad i've made (which you can't get now) was so bad that people tore me a new one for it but however they did tell me that it takes time to get better at mapping and people aren't on here 24/7 playing wads and stuff, we all have lives outside of doom and the internet.

Long story short: Should take you're time on making maps and look around for inspiration, i did and i've made some ok maps....not super badass looking but good enough for me. So why don't you go back to the drawing board and learn the map editor some more and try different things out.

p.s: I will say the dehacked stuff with the weapons and blood, that's why i said it felt like shovel ware.

15 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Ok i tried this out and i hate to say it but....this feels like it belongs in a late 90's / early 00's shovel ware wad collection.

My main issue with this is the maps are way way WAY to big, the enemies are super low and it just feel like it was all shoe horned in to get people to play it.

Now i'm not saying this to be an ass or anything and trust me my very first doom wad i've made (which you can't get now) was so bad that people tore me a new one for it but however they did tell me that it takes time to get better at mapping and people aren't on here 24/7 playing wads and stuff, we all have lives outside of doom and the internet.

Long story short: Should take you're time on making maps and look around for inspiration, i did and i've made some ok maps....not super badass looking but good enough for me. So why don't you go back to the drawing board and learn the map editor some more and try different things out.

p.s: I will say the dehacked stuff with the weapons and blood, that's why i said it felt like shovel ware.

Thanks for the advice :)

On 11/21/2022 at 7:28 PM, RastaManGames said:

@DuckonACacoDemon

First of all, I don't think that this is legal to distribute Doom.wad IWAD along with your map and/or mod.

If you want some free IWAD to use - check out for FreeDoom.wad, at least.

Then... I do not want to be rude, but maps itself are really doesn't have high level of detail that allows you to be so mean.

ITS A FREAKING SCHOOL PROJECT IT DOESNT MATTER

@DuckonACacoDemon

First of all, instead of having three separate posts you can use just one with [edit] button on it.

Then, your attitude is kinda... Rude. Don't mind me, 'cause it is your "freaking school project", of course...
But if you really want people to spent their free (from work, health problems and etc.) time on your map/mod/TC/any other project - then show, at least, basic respect to them as for living human beings.

I know that sometimes it is sad when other project has more attention than yours...

But what is good in being such a meanie towards other forum's members?

On 11/19/2022 at 7:33 PM, DuckonACacoDemon said:

this fourm is ded

My map with far more time and effort spent to make it as best as I can is on  page 6, with only one person having given any feedback to me at all, and I had to DM them for that, so expect no sympathy from me.

Not legal is not legal. It's against the forum rules to post maps here including the IWADs. So the moderators here care.

There's also no reason to distribute an IWAD. Custom WADS don't need the IWAD included to run, and if people don't have the rest of the game itself, including the IWAD won't help them run it.

You want to be popular like the other doom mappers on here such as Essel and DavidN?

First off illegal distribution is illegal distribution, most of us got Doom on here for $60 via Original Sale or $5 in Steam, Gog, etc.

That is legal because we're paying for it via the original distribution, you're giving out for free.

Second off, your attitude is just horrible for a forum, saying who asked won't get you anywhere, saying the forum is dead because you didn't get a response, and many other things.