Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Fastest Shovels #1 (Idgames release)

Really very good!

I can't even imagine the difficulty of using an editor without a 3D preview, at least to adjust the textures!

The only "bad" thing is having only 8 maps =/

50 minutes ago, boom_compatible said:

Really very good!

I can't even imagine the difficulty of using an editor without a 3D preview, at least to adjust the textures!

The only "bad" thing is having only 8 maps =/

I only managed to use a mix of DeePsea to make all my maps & Doom Builder to test them out and texture them cuz texture work in these old editors is not fun at all but hats off to everyone else for using way older map editors that's something I want to try out next time since DeePsea feels a little more modern 

1 hour ago, boom_compatible said:

Is not even the real big problem for me, it was the fact that big part of the editors i used doesn't give you the freedom to use something more than a square/rectangle or a polygon...

Fun mapset even though I'm a bit disappointed that none of you used DoomCAD which was the first level editor I tinkered with during the early 2000s during my teens years before I ever considered uploading maps to the internet.

1 hour ago, United VirusX said:

I only managed to use a mix of DeePsea to make all my maps & Doom Builder to test them out and texture them cuz texture work in these old editors is not fun at all but hats off to everyone else for using way older map editors that's something I want to try out next time since DeePsea feels a little more modern 

I try to use DeePsea many years ago and the version I used crash a lot to where it was nearly impossible to after making a few rooms(unless you save your map) before the editor shits itself for no reason 🙃

23 minutes ago, Philnemba said:

Fun mapset even though I'm a bit disappointed that none of you used DoomCAD which was the first level editor I tinkered with during the early 2000s during my teens years before I ever considered uploading maps to the internet.

I try to use DeePsea many years ago and the version I used crash a lot to where it was nearly impossible to after making a few rooms(unless you save your map) before the editor shits itself for no reason 🙃

I didn't have any major crashing issues it did crash on me twice while using it luckily I didn't lose a lot of progress with those crashes, the only issues I really had with it were always forgetting to deselect your cursor and having the screen zoom to left when I wanted to select something in the toolbar and the obnoxious start-up screen blasting doom music at full volume

I wish I could write a detailed, comprehensive review on the first four maps that I've played, instead of just saying that this was precisely what I wanted to play when I woke up on a Sunday morning.

But I can't.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:06 PM, Philnemba said:

Fun mapset even though I'm a bit disappointed that none of you used DoomCAD

I tried to use it, but it crashed miserably on modern windows 10 systems, even with the old windows system compatibilities activated.

Edited by Walter confetti

HD MAP04 is genuinely looking creepy af. Thanks for the longplays btw and thanks to showing that MAP07 can be easily beatable!

Fun set of levels, took me around 25 minutes to beat in one sitting! Good midi selection and aesthetics, the only gripe I have with the maps is that I had to rely on the SSG a little too much in the middle section of the wad. (maps 03-06)

Having a couple more rockets there would've been nice, but perhaps I'm just bad a secret hunting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Played this right before the idgames release, not sure if anything's been updated.  Was a fun experience seeing what modern mappers could do in old programs.  Couple of issues here and there but you are going for a shovelware-esque experience so not always clear.  Cool stuff!

Sky axis in MAP02 has been fixed (the one in the thumbnail) and a in-game demo has been added, however glad you liked it!