Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow41S

Why am I getting this error?

Question

I was working on a map and updated Ultimate Doom Builder. When I loaded up my map after updating, it said this: "Warning: a resource archive is required for this game configuration, but not present: gzdoom.pk3." So, naturally I just add the GZDoom pk3 file to the list of resources (I'm using Doom 2 for this map). I thought everything was going fine but then I got this error. I don't know how to get rid of it, or what it even means to be honest. I've already googled this issue, and someone said to exclude the resource from testing. I've already done this, and it had no effect.  

Screenshot (49).png

10 answers to this question

Pretty sure you don't need to worry about this error.  It's something I remember looking up a while ago too and is just a general error in doom2.wad that doom builder is catching.  Guess they defined SD18_7 twice somehow.

If you catch this in your own wads though it's a good idea to fix this warning.

16 hours ago, illYay1337 said:

Pretty sure you don't need to worry about this error.  It's something I remember looking up a while ago too and is just a general error in doom2.wad that doom builder is catching.  Guess they defined SD18_7 twice somehow.

If you catch this in your own wads though it's a good idea to fix this warning.

ok, thanks

Did you modify your doom2.wad? The original one only has 468 patches defined, not 2346+. You should never modify your IWADs.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:15 PM, boris said:

Did you modify your doom2.wad? The original one only has 468 patches defined, not 2346+. You should never modify your IWADs.

No, I haven't done anything to it

Index 2346 suggests you're using some massive resource pack(s) (e.g. good old 32-in-24-tex has a shorter patch table than that), which often come with their own patch/texture tables including original DOOM2.wad definitions since a plethora of ports overwrite rather than merge those tables. UDB typically does a stellar job of merging patch/texture tables together. The culprit is probably somewhere among things you're not showing.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, Doomy__Doom said:

Index 2346 suggests you're using some massive resource pack(s) (e.g. good old 32-in-24-tex has a shorter patch table than that), which often come with their own patch/texture tables including original DOOM2.wad definitions since a plethora of ports overwrite rather than merge those tables. UDB typically does a stellar job of merging patch/texture tables together. The culprit is probably somewhere among things you're not showing.

I don't understand, the only resource I'm using is DOOM2.wad

Just want to set the record straight in that there is two of that same patch in DOOM2.WAD, but they are at indices 2356 and 2357 according to SLADE. You got some illegitimate version of Doom II or something?

7n3gesk.png

39 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Just want to set the record straight in that there is two of that same patch in DOOM2.WAD, but they are at indices 2356 and 2357 according to SLADE.

Aah that's the indices it means, my bad then. It's probably a different DOOM2.wad then for sure. I have v1.666 from "100 best pc games" cd days of yore, and these double patches are at 2393/2394 in that version, whereas steam 1.9 is same as what you show.

23 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Just want to set the record straight in that there is two of that same patch in DOOM2.WAD, but they are at indices 2356 and 2357 according to SLADE. You got some illegitimate version of Doom II or something?

7n3gesk.png

Nope, got it from Steam