Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technicolor

Why were Eastmancolor films used in just about any American color movie from mid 50s until mid 90s?

Why were Eastmancolor films used in just about any American color movie from mid 50s until mid 90s?

It is as if there wasn't any other color film to use for the cinema except Eastmancolor. Lol.

Eastmancolor is also known with its color terribly fading until late 70s or early 80s, which, I think, is unless they were printed with Technicolor Dye Transfer.

Knowing Doomworld, there probably is someone here with a vast arcane knowledge of historical cinema color systems who can give a legitimate answer.

It was both easier to use and cheaper than technicolor. It was simply more popular and more convenient than the competition. There isn't really one specific reason, it just became somewhat of a standard. Technicolor is awesome, but requires so much special equipment that it was canned.

Just think, gang - somewhere out there in the vast reaches of the internet, on a site dedicated to the technical discussion of cinematic technology, there's a new user named Build shit-canning idtech games.

The world truly is a magical place.

6 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Just think, gang - somewhere out there in the vast reaches of the internet, on a site dedicated to the technical discussion of cinematic technology, there's a new user named Build shit-canning idtech games.

The world truly is a magical place.

I don't know which I love more: this post or the concept of this post.

Either way, gotta agree. The world is a magical place. :)

58 minutes ago, Kyka said:

I don't know which I love more: this post or the concept of this post.

Either way, gotta agree. The world is a magical place. :)

brb tracking down a cinematic technology forum and doing this