Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheSlipgateStudios

What are you guys buying for Steam Autumn Sale 2022?

Steam Autumn Sale is almost upon us, what are you emptying your wallets on? I already bought Doom Eternal for 10 euros yesterday and have 40 euros left so I guess 4 or more games depending on what offers are in line.

For most stuff I'll probably just wait till the Winter Sale, they're so close together it makes you question the point. You could say the same for the Black Friday holiday too, but I digress.

I was looking if Dark Souls 1 was on sale, but it seems to still be full price. Considering it's a 6-year-old remaster and that the original game is even OLDER, that's a bit weird. Maybe they're just a bit late. Maybe

I also Finally brougth Doom Eternal (but i played like 54 hours with Steam Family Share).

I waiting if Powerslave goes on sale too... but i not have to much on mind to buy.

I'll update with my games and apps as i buy.

I might grab some more Total Warhammer armies if they’re on sale. I’m actually more waiting on things to release than things to go on sale, like that Elevator Action release and the inevitable Dwarf Fortress.

Also grabbed Ghostsong recently so I’d thoroughly recommend that to Metroid fans if it’s on sale.

Update: Ended up grabbing Forgive Me Father. It’s alright! Nothing too groundbreaking but fun, and I love weird weapons.

Edited by BGrieber

I only have like 3.25 $ in my account... Sooo my options are pretty limited.

If is on a good price, I will buy DOOM 64 and probably DOOM 3, or Mount & Blade. But the one that I wan't most (pls give it a good offer) is Trombone Champ, sadly I don't think it gonna get a big discount since is a pretty recent game.

1 hour ago, Mr Masker said:

For most stuff I'll probably just wait till the Winter Sale

Same. iirc the prices of the Winter Sale are even lower than other sales.

I was thinking about getting "Ready or Not" but going off of my time with SWAT that's one hell of a time commitment to learn it all again (and I'm currently learning Bannerlord at the moment).

Not much in my wishlist is out/on sale right now.

I got Cookie Clicker back! Yes, the same game I had to refund in order to buy a particular Cuphead DLC not long ago...

Just picked up Condemned: Criminal Origins after hearing how it helped to inspire Cultic, and Manhunt to see if I can even get it to run on a modern computer.

2 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

Just picked up Condemned: Criminal Origins

Great game, I got it free long time ago during Sega's Valentine Day event heh

2 hours ago, Herr Dethnout said:

Great game, I got it free long time ago during Sega's Valentine Day event heh

Yeah I just put it on my wishlist after playing through Cultic and couldn't pass it up for $3.73. I had never heard of it before but it looks really cool.

24 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

Yeah I just put it on my wishlist after playing through Cultic and couldn't pass it up for $3.73. I had never heard of it before but it looks really cool.

It was made by Monolith (The ones behind Blood, not Xenoblade heh), that only is quality assured. Sadly, the sequel is Console exclusive. :/

I don't think I'll get anything, I got Tactics Ogre Reborn and that's probably the only major game I'm getting for the holidays. 

I am curious to try out the Blair Witch game. I'm a found footage buff and it really pikes my interest.

Just bought Assassins Creed Origins, finished Assassins Creed 2 on my Switch and still have several titles to play on that but only up to Rogue. I believe the story in those finishes with Syndicate and Origins starts a new one with no prior knowledge required and hopefully no spoilers. If anyone knows different please let me know and I'll wait until I've played the others. 

The Bayonetta and Vanquish Bundle, as i have only played Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U so far and started now Bayo 3.

17 hours ago, Thelokk said:

Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk and probably Paradise Killer, been wanting to play that for a while. 

I have both of those on my wishlist as well lol. (althought my wishlist has always been a bloated mess, so I might never buy either)

Prolly gonna buy SpaceChem and Hexcells Infinite. Maybe Deathsmiles, maybe Arcana Heart 3, maybe the smt3 port (now that it isn't disgustingly expensive).

But I already have a lot of shmups and jrpgs to play through and while I technically have a setup for fighting games, it could be a lot better.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:44 AM, MrFroz said:

I am curious to try out the Blair Witch game. I'm a found footage buff and it really pikes my interest.

Got it now. I wasn't able to buy it earlier because I was waiting for a refund of my purchase of Soul Calibur VI along with the first season pass DLC which I also bought. Turns out shortly before the Autumn Sale began, there was a Bandai Namco sale on Steam so I bought SCVI and the season pass then, but suddenly the Autumn Sale starts and the Deluxe Edition of SCVI was discounted even more than in the Bamco sale, and it ended up costing even less than what I paid for that sole DLC. Luckily I got the refund and I was able to rebuy SCVI with all the DLC and also a couple of games (Blair Witch and Not For Broadcast) with the extra money.

Weird West. And finally Prey 2017 since now it's super cheap and despite me finding it boring as hell every time I played the demo, everyone keeps recommending it to me. When I played the demo I had the feeling it had so many references to previous immersive sims I wished I was playing those instead. Also because I'm a supporter of Prey 2006 and of course hated when they released this other game with the same name and nothing in common.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:35 AM, Lippeth said:

Just picked up Condemned: Criminal Origins...

One of my favorites. Sadly I don't own a console so I had to watch hours-long full playthroughs in youtube to see how the story continued. It's never the same thing :(

It's like having read a novel and have the sequel come out in Braille

I dunno man, honestly I probably have enough games to last me for a life time, I might pick up Shadow Warrior 3 and some multiplayer games to enjoy with a few friends but in general I think I'd rather save my money and gift a bunch of stuff to friends when the Christmas sale rolls around.

Bought Batman: The Enemy Within and Far Cry 3. Kinda tempted by Prey now that jupiter_ex mentioned it.

On 11/23/2022 at 2:21 PM, Philnemba said:

Planning on buying Pixel Game Maker once I get pay this Friday :)

TBH, I don't like the concept of PGM MV, I like it in RPG Maker because dear god, making a turn-based RPG from scratch is a complete mess for a beginner (Even in easy-of-use Game Engines), but in the case of Pixel, where a lot of these game mechanics and such are pretty easy to understand and implement, I think is more worth learning a programing language (you don't need to learn a "complex" programing language since a lot of modern Game Engines have his own language that is simpler to understand and even have automated functions for making the games).

Not saying that the program is bad. It actually looks pretty competent and have versions of La Mulana 2 and Kero Blaster, not to mention that have JavaScript and if the Community is a half of good as the RPG Maker community (or GODOT) is, then is a great point on his favor, but idk, I think that modern game engines have a lot of accesibility and are far more versatile to learn game development than PGM (Not to mention that some are FREE!), also, the lack of a workshop (to have another medium to showcase your games) is kind of BS.

On the other side, 1BITDRAGON looks amazing, although is simpler than a proper DAW (even more than others freebie alternatives), the fact that you can DRAW your music is a concept that is a WIN for me (imagine the kind of crazy stuff you can do why that :P), my biggest drawback is the fact that doesn't seem to have OGG support (only MIDI and WAV for what I can see), and doens't seem to have a way to create custom "presets" nor patches, but I supposed that is the point of the program. Anyway, another thing for my wishlist :P

If you want another recomendation of a great software for Pixel Game Dev, then Aseprite is a great option. Great pixel art tool.

Just bought Raptor: Call of the Shadows (2015 Edition) and the Apogee Throwback Pack yesterday.

I've seen Tetris Effect Connected in VR and bought it instantly, since my kid is born early this Year i haven't played much in VR, but this is playable while sitting without the Need of making Space.

What a Trip this Game is, it really sets you in Trance, love it!

I was considering getting Fallout New Vegas, but I am still far from being done with Fallout 3. Also, the game's pricing is a bit weird: the base game is -75% off, but the Ultimate Edition with all the DLCs is -67%? Either way, the game might end up being given away on Epic Games Store like Fallout 3 by the time I feel like playing it, so that is another incentive to wait for a bit.