Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamo

User Ghastly has passed away

This one hurts. Ghastly did some fantastic work, especially when it came to ZDoom and even helped me out on a few occasions. Once again, I'll be raising a glass.

Rest in peace, man. You will be missed.

Ghastly Dragon is a name that almost all the modders read their name at least once, he did a lot and this is just tragic, my condolences to all of his friends and family

Rest in peace, Legend.

Sad news, indeed. The name sounds familiar and I am sure I must have played some of his content. He will be missed.

Speaking of his contributions, does he have a Doom Wiki entry? I tried looking him up and I could not find it anything. I think it would be a nice tribute.

22 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Sad news, indeed. The name sounds familiar and I am sure I must have played some of his content. He will be missed.

Speaking of his contributions, does he have a Doom Wiki entry? I tried looking him up and I could not find it anything. I think it would be a nice tribute.

He does, albeit a short one. Are you sure you looked on DoomWiki.org and not on Fandom?

Very sad. Ghastly was known outside the Doom community as well. I met him (online only) through the Alloy internet Thomas Dolby Fan Club. He and I arranged and recorded cover songs of Thomas's works as part of a birthday present to Thomas for a couple of years. His "pirate" version of Thomas's "Nuvogue" was legendary (can't post it - it was for Thomas's ears only, sorry). Rest well, you twisted curmudgeon. You'll be missed.

43 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

He does, albeit a short one. Are you sure you looked on DoomWiki.org and not on Fandom?

This one? I see it is very recent; I could not find it on Google, as I kept getting all sorts of unrelated results. How odd.

Anyway, good to see someone else had the same idea.