Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blob1024

Nostalgia demos [-complevel 2]

Map 17 UV-MAX                                                                                                                                                                                  

no17-444.zip                                                                                                                                                                                              Map 17 UV-FAST                                                                                                                                                                           

no17f747.zip  

13 hours ago, ryiron said:

If you wanted your demos going to DSDA, then you need to put each of these files separately into a .zip file with a corresponding .txt file, and name them properly instead of just a random name with your attempt number. Then attach each of those runs using Doomworld attachment instead of a google drive address. For formats, refer to all other demos in this thread because they are all doing a good job following what's supposed to do to upload a demo.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

If you wanted your demos going to DSDA, then you need to put each of these files separately into a .zip file with a corresponding .txt file, and name them properly instead of just a random name with your attempt number

Ah, sorry. I wasn’t intending any of these to go to dsda, since as mentioned they are far from optimal. I thought they might just be if interest to others. Thanks for the note. 

18 minutes ago, ryiron said:

Ah, sorry. I wasn’t intending any of these to go to dsda, since as mentioned they are far from optimal. I thought they might just be if interest to others. Thanks for the note. 

That's fine, this forum is perfectly acceptable for all demos, regardless of whether they are intended for DSDA or not. :) Placing them on separate hosting or excluding a textfile are both acceptable ways to avoid them getting automatically picked up, so that works for this case. However, it's still a good idea to add a small note to the post that they are not for DSDA; while I don't check for that in my upload scripts, it'll let DSDA team members know that your demos aren't meant for there anyway, so you won't be contacted to update the format of your post. Otherwise, by default, it's assumed any post in this subforum is intended for DSDA submission.

1 hour ago, ryiron said:

Oh, I thought that was self-deprecation or something because I always said that as well lol

Besides what 4shock says, if you put some effort into it, I think there's no shame that the demos are not optimized or whatever since not everybody has the same amount of time to do speedruns. I sometimes (or most of the time back in a few years) post not very good demos to the archive too, and I just want some memories of those after I invested my time into doing a demo. Maybe one day you're going to do some runs, and it's rather interesting to look at some of these old memories, heh.

4 hours ago, ryiron said:

dsda is an archive, think about how someone 10 years from now would want to see the evolution of the runs. :) Consider changing your mind (I wouldnt mind helping with the demo names and txts if you'd like)

MAP 01 NM-Speed                                                                                                                                                                                 

MAP 02 UV-Speed                                                                                                                                                                                       

MAP 03 UV-Speed                                                                                                                                                                                       

MAP 04 UV-Speed                                                                                                                                                                                       

no01n33.zip                                                                                                                                                                                               

no02-142.zip                                                                                                                                                                                             

no03-111.zip                                                                                                                                                                                          

no04-133.zip