Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fierce111

Walls glitching in my doom wad

Question

my wad is on doom: doom 2 doom format, my walls always keeps glitching, I can literally go through the walls, is this some sort of vanilla mapping limitation I'm not aware about? this has been an annoying issue and I have no idea how to fix it, please help, thank you.

here's a video I recorded of the glitch

https://youtu.be/RABcrG6nxNg

the wad file:

the problem occurs in the last section of the map, with the silver walls and everything 

MORTIFERUM.zip

Edited by Fierce111 : the wad file itself

5 answers to this question

There's a size limit to the map, but I can't find the number. Try moving the isolated set of sectors closer to the rest and see if it does any good.

Can you maybe please link the map so that we can see what's wrong with it?

EDIT: What source port are you using to test the map? I assume it's GZDoom from the HUD.

Edited by Silhouette 03

9 hours ago, Silhouette 03 said:

Can you maybe please link the map so that we can see what's wrong with it?

EDIT: What source port are you using to test the map? I assume it's GZDoom from the HUD.

I am using LZDOOM.

10 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

There's a size limit to the map, but I can't find the number. Try moving the isolated set of sectors closer to the rest and see if it does any good.

this worked! thank you so much!

10 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

There's a size limit to the map, but I can't find the number.

It's half of each axis, so 32767x32767 (32767 is half of 65535, the maximum size of an unsigned 16bit number). This is due to how the blockmap coordinates are converted from fixed point coordinates, which prevents blockmap distances greater than 255 from being expressed (blocks are 128x128, and 128*255 is 32640). The blockmap size itself in memory can also be too big, though this is a complex subject due to the nature of node builder compression and optimisation.