Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HalfLife9000

Evan's Torture Test (Build 11-27-22)

Evan's Test is a torture test created by me to test source ports (for Doom II), such as GZDoom or Hellion C#. 

--INFO--

Doom II Wad Compilation--

5 Maps (or stages)

Rating system: The rating system of source ports (ETT rating) will be out of 5.

Around 7 MB (extracted)

Created by HalfLife9000

----

I hope this helps lots of people understand how strong the source port truly is. Or you can just play NUTS.wad or CrazyMaze.wad, I guess.

Note: The maps aren't meant to be playable. They're meant to test your PC and source port. Please take that into consideration.

OLD:

evanstest.zip

New link: 

evanstest.zip

Edited by HalfLife9000 : to fix the .zip file

3 hours ago, Briøche said:

Stage 5 was way more playable than Stage 4 (which means I got around 1 fps, better than 0,5 xd)

Well, at least it works, I suppose. I'll fix it

Stage 5 was way more playable than Stage 4 (which means I got around 1 fps, better than 0,5 xd)

it has been fixed

software rendering stops (being playable) at stage 3 lol

As unplayable as these are, they all still run at a higher framerate for me than Experiencing Nirvana map17 or even parts of Sunder map15 :P

19 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

As unplayable as these are, they all still run at a higher framerate for me than Experiencing Nirvana map17 or even parts of Sunder map15 :P

lol

I checked the levels 3-4-5 are not playable, it says to enter the 1st level for an error message, what happens in this case?

Somehow I managed to start courses 4-5 to the extent that these 3 courses are unplayable. I checked the folder with iddqd and went through it with idclip. The whole thing is completely messed up, the walls are not arranged properly, and you can't take down the opponents on them. Anyway, you can't finish any of the tracks because there is no exit. That's why you don't play them together. There are also quite a few types of opponents, not all of them are included. Anyway, I like this division of the labyrinth. Looking at only the first two tracks, it's good, there are only a lot of empty flights and everyone is packed into groups. Due to the size of the tracks, it could handle more.