Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

my water broke

well i fired up worldcraft 1.5b to do some quake editing. only 1 problem. how the hell do u make water???! i mean it should be func_wall or Func_water, right. can someone please tell me how to make water in quake and in worldcraft. i tried the worldcraft site, but no luck.

Water is the same as a regular wall block. Except you can pass through it. Keep looking through the texture browser, you'll find it.

Water will automatically become water (along with slime and lava) when you add that into your map. Just remember a couple of things. First, all of the sides of the polyhedron (or brush) must be the same texture. And second, all sides of the water polyhedron must be bordered with something solid. Otherwise, qbsp will register that as a hole in the map, and vis will not work on it.

yea i was useing the water texture. well i will have to play with it. maybe try not using func_wall. well thanks.

also has the older quake worldcraft editor been made freeware, the half-life one is. i check the site but last time it was updated was in 99

Sephiroth said:

well i fired up worldcraft 1.5b to do some quake editing. only 1 problem. how the hell do u make water???! i mean it should be func_wall or Func_water, right. can someone please tell me how to make water in quake and in worldcraft. i tried the worldcraft site, but no luck.

Try a quake forum...

boris said:

Oh BTW, Worldcraft is at 3.3 now, heh.

well, 3.3 is made for half-life, 1.5 (or 1.XX) is made for quake1

Lol, I'm mainly reading this 'cause I found the subject title funny. Heh.

Anyway, I think WC 3.3 can be converted with difficulty to quake1. I highly recommend using GTKradiant for Quake1 editing, because it's quite a lot more powerful than WC, and will end up saving you a lot of time with texturing etc,

Anyway if registered worldcraft 1.6 will do you: I will get banned next time for warezing stuff

If you wanna make maps with more stuff in them than the normal quake can allow get the Nehahra mod. It had some of the most talented people in the quake modding scene working on it, and so if you decide to edit for that you have earthquakes, pushable objects, different kinds of enemy AI (aggressive, friendly, defensive etc,), fog, breakable scenery, rain/lightning effects. There's also millions of great textures. Agh, there's so many editing features I can't be bothered to list them all. Oh yeah, and it's also the best Quake SP mod IMO:

http://www.planetquake.com/nehahra/

Lol, I found that quite funny as well. I like the way it was just stuck in the center rather than warning me in a separate post. It would be excellent to be an Evil admin.... you could just change what people said all the time, and start huge flame wars - and then just sit back and watch the show.

Wow, this is the most off topic thread ever. Moving it to everything else.

hey i found it out, have to leave it as is(no changing to func_wall) i always thought that worldcraft was freeware after quake, but i guess not. I asked the creator of the site about howmuch it costs and if it was still avlible. however he never replied. i have also used tread3d, that one is very nice too, and freeware(last time i checked)

Sephiroth said:

i always thought that worldcraft was freeware after quake, but i guess not. I asked the creator of the site about howmuch it costs and if it was still avlible.

the halflife version is and has always been free (came with halflife as version 2.1), but the quake one was not, though tarin tells me it's possibly (though not easily) to make the newer versions able to edit quake. the quake versions, much like dck (same author) were not free, though their current status is prolly abandonware I assume

If we could only find the guy, we could ask him to release the source code to both editors.

Cyb said:

the halflife version is and has always been free (came with halflife as version 2.1

<nitpick>
</nitpick>

yea, i dont see why he would not release the source at this time. quake1 has been dying out and i dout few use DCK anymore.

Sephiroth said:

yea, i dont see why he would not release the source at this time. quake1 has been dying out and i dout few use DCK anymore.

I DCK. :)