Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

PUSS XXII: The Chilling Winds of Dis [Compilation Released! - DECEMBER SPEEDMAPPING]

1 hour ago, LuciferSam86 said:

I would like to enjoy the wad once all the enemies animations are completed. Is there an ETA? :)

anyway 2 levels in, and i love it :)

Late January to mid February is my hope. 

Egregor_DIS_v0402.rar

DIS_MID_v11a.zip

Map Name: False Cube of Frigid Torment
Author: Egregor

Music: False Cube of Frigid Torment by Egregor

Sky: N/A, all skies use sky-box transfers

Format: Boom (per challenge)

Difficulty Settings: YES!

Build Time: 6 hours for layout, 2 hours and 20 minutes for game-play, 10+ of detail and balance (sorry!)

Comments: All major suggestions (except for splitting the level up) have been implemented at this time, as well as visual bug found in DSDA v0.25.6 have been fixed. The level now has SS and PM, as well as slightly more ammo and slightly less enemies (from 261 to 242) so hopefully it has moved from irritating to challenging.

*custom MIDI is also saved as D_RUNNIN within the PWAD

Screenshots: (no new screen shots at this time, sorry)

RE: splitting the level up: After checking all the other levels out mine is the largest (by a lot) so I feel like it doesn't sit well in the mix as a CP map. I will try to divide up the level into two, but that will take more time and effort so I wanted to start with the quick fixes, done here. Hopefully I will be able to split up the level in time and we feel that they work well. I'll keep y'all posted with any progress I make there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11GkKloqmy2SMIhWWqOdH77yjw1vdEHYY/view?usp=share_link

Beta Version Too! Now with more betas!

I fixed a small collision bug with one of the items and I’ve updated every map to its current version. Unless I missed someone’s update, in which case I haven’t. But as far as I know I haven’t! Either way in a few million years the sun is going to wipe my hard drive so who really even cares!

Anyways, I’ve discovered how I can work on doom shit during work hours (not on the job in case my boss is reading this), so I’m gonna be spending my next few breaks throwing down blue and pink pixels onto different enemies to make them look all cool n’ shit.

I should probably also play the remaining HALF of these maps that I haven’t yet. Speaking of, If you have played any of these, please give us some feedback, and let us know your opinion on the map order! First 11 maps won’t change too too much, but there will be some changes from that point forward. 

13 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

There are two MAP26 in the wad, slightly different. I assume one was an older version that didn't get deleted when updated.

You would be correct. 
Edit:
Fixed it. 

If you could be a dear, could you double check and see if the version I included in Beta 2 is the correct version of your level? @King Know-Nothing

Edited by BluePineapple72

8 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

You would be correct. 
Edit:
Fixed it. 

If you could be a dear, could you double check and see if the version I included in Beta 2 is the correct version of your level? @King Know-Nothing

As far as I can tell, that is the correct one!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Bit of an update on the archie: I've finished the first three attack frames and have moved onto the latter bit. Shouldn't take too much longer now.

As requested, the largest level of DIS has now been split in two!

Egregor_DIS_split_part1_v0103.rar

DIS_MID_v11a.zip

Map Name: False Cube of Frigid Torment - Part I

Music: False Cube of Frigid Torment by Egregor

Build Time: 6 hours for layout, 2 hours and 20 minutes for game-play, 10+ of detail and balance (sorry!)

Comments: Some re-balancing has been done to make this level play as a stand alone.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20230205_000443B.png.e1cf9a99636492d7f4895b1b601b4013.png

Egregor_DIS_split_part2_v0103.rar

MUS_E4M5 - Blood of the Unworthy (Eris Falling).rar

Map Name: False Cube of Frigid Torment - Part II

Music: Blood of the Unworthy by Eris Falling

Comments: Some re-balancing has been done to make this level play as a stand alone.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20230205_001839C.png.1cceb7360ad979fe7d77f7ff7ed6ccdf.png

EDIT: I just realized that splitting the level up incidentally puts each of these two submissions back into the ballpark of the PUSS speed mapping goal, which I originally missed by a long-shot. Neat!

Edited by Egregor

IMG_5941.jpg

Of the current version of maps I’ve played, here is my WIP of the map order. 

I’d like a good mix of gameplay styles throughout the wad wherein each map you play feels slightly different from the next (so that similar maps aren’t clumped together). I’d like too for the more difficult maps to stay towards the center of the wad with the latter maps being easier. 

First episode will (loosely) be our icy maps. Second  will loosely be flesh and rot. Third  will be the most atmospheric. We’ll be ending on the most doomy and gloomy of the maps in the set. 

Im trying not to arbitrarily order them, so good luck to me. (I honestly should be taking more notes). It may end up that I’ll alternate between short and long levels with the longest in the middle. We’ll see. All WIP. My gut tells me what I’ve written insofar is pretty good. 

I can apreciate your concerns and efforts towards map order but Im certian what ever you end up on will be more than fitting. Ive played through most of these maps twice and felt that no matter the order they all are so consistantly themed that I am eagerly awaiting the final product.

Assuming the link(s) in the first post remain updated, the latest version (still) has this absolute abomination in the SWITCHES lump:

image.png.c55354a4133fbfb57caf7aed321e8f21.png

Edited by aletheos eberlain

image.png

I don’t know what it is that @Captain Toenail dropped into the wad, but something in it’s glare tells me it’s powered by cells…

Quick status update for the project. Im wrapping up some menu graphic things and finalizing sprites for the archvile. On my end I’ll have the hell knight and the cyberdemon left once ‘ol Archie is done. Not looking forward to the cyberdemon since I’m a goofy head and have decided to give it digitigrade legs. Just have to chase down some spriters to sprite  the other monsters and we’ll sprite out the rest of the spritz!

We’ve had a mapper request to have their map pulled from the project. While although unfortunate I will respect their wishes and do so. Since I like even numbers and not changing the mapinfo much, I’ve asked a friend and frequent collaborator to fill the open slot. 

I’ve also posted this Beta right here. It has a new map order that I thought long and hard about but would still like some feedback on to make sure I’ve properly curated a good dining experience.

Other than that, I’m inches away from making a new BFG sprite because I’m an idiot and why not. Oh and uh, yeah. Update over. It’s still being worked on 🤷🏼‍♀️

Stay tuned!

Sorry for the bump, i'm just curious about how the progress on this project has been going. Or if there has been any progress at all.

2 minutes ago, danidf96 said:

Sorry for the bump, i'm just curious about how the progress on this project has been going. Or if there has been any progress at all.

Thank you for your interest! PUSS has gone on hiatus starting the beginning of this year, in order to spend time finishing projects like this. Several people have been doing work on the set, primarily finishing up spriting which is a monumental task with over 1000 custom sprites being made. We can't give you an ETA and it might still take quite a while, but progress is being made as the set is being lovingly tinkered away at.

Sweet, I played through RC1 way back when and most everything wasnt done yet, Ive been eagerly waiting for this to finish up... along with a few other pusses?... puss's?... ill just go with pussys... 😝