Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xymph

DoomWiki Month in Review (Issue #44)

Lots of low key but essential work done this month! After all, polishing up existing articles is every bit as important as adding new information.

12 hours ago, Xymph said:

<takes a deep breath> Want more? I completed the main phase of the Thing data tables project based on tools compiled against the INFO.c tables of the Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife engines. So now all monsters, weapons, and items have technical information tables documenting their looks, stats, and behavior. Quite of number of articles for the latter games received this data for the first time. They range from simple to very complex, and from basic to very elaborate. A brief afterburner for Doom 64 is still in progress.

Woah, this is really, really cool! I always found myself bouncing between the zdoom wiki (sifting through pages) or having to just crack WhackEd open and clumsily root through it to find a lot of this info. Maybe there were better/faster alternatives, but, these new data tables seem to have everything. That's brilliant, and such a huge help and time saver! Thank you!!