Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J-Force1989

Doom VS. FreeDoom Enemies

What version or sourceport are you ussing for getting that blurry enemies. To be fair in the game, you should use a sourceport that use the textured version, instead of full gloomyness-

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MICROWAVED THEM AND THEN SMEARED THEM

GOOD LORD MY BROTHER

42 minutes ago, D4NUK1 said:

What version or sourceport are you ussing for getting that blurry enemies. To be fair in the game, you should use a sourceport that use the textured version, instead of full gloomyness-

GZDoom is they only sourceport that has HQx Filters iirc.

But it can be a pwad with HQx scaled Sprites too.

20 hours ago, D4NUK1 said:

GZDOOM i just used xbrz x6 personally I think it makes doom look great and I’ll always use the hi-res textures

19 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

This is actually a nice topic, and you made the effort to post comparison pictures of all the enemies which is cool because a lot of people haven't played Freedoom. The fact that you made oil paintings out of all of them is awesome.

Well Thanks 👍 I just though since no one’s done it yet I’d cover this topic it sure seems like a lot of people don’t like xbrz x6 graphics though personally they look better and make gameplay look so much smoother 

18 hours ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

19 hours ago, RataUnderground said:

Graphics were a mistake, back to all text games.

You prefer classic pixels I’ll take it ? There not bad but Xbrz x6 does make gameplay so much smoother

19 hours ago, Herr Dethnout said:

GZDoom is they only sourceport that has HQx Filters iirc.

But it can be a pwad with HQx scaled Sprites 

6 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I think this is my favorite thread of all time. 

Well thanks Just covering this new topic I love FreeDoom 

And you thought this comparison is best done by filtering the christ out of them?

Here, feel free to use 'em, from the latest v.0.12.1:

EDIT: Removed pics as I needed the storage space. Maybe I should start using imgur again.

Edited by xX_Lol6_Xx : Put one outside the spoiler

58 minutes ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

Here, feel free to use 'em, from the latest v.0.12.1: *pics*

FreeDoom has gone quite a long way since, huh. Also, what source port are you using? Those shadows look neat.

1 minute ago, taufan99 said:

FreeDoom has gone quite a long way since, huh. Also, what source port are you using? Those shadows look neat.

Yeah, it's always exciting to see the changes, especially of a Foss project

As for the port, GZDoom v.4.9.0

2 minutes ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

Yeah, it's always exciting to see the changes, especially of a Foss project

As for the port, GZDoom v.4.9.0

Oh wow, I can't believe it's GZDoom. The 4:3 aspect ratio kinda suggested me it might've been another source port (yes, I'm aware a lot of them now support widescreen and such, but still, you get what I mean).

17 hours ago, taufan99 said:

GzDoom... In the Options Menu Somewhere you can turn shadows on for both players and monsters 

18 hours ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

Here, feel free to use 'em, from the latest v.0.12.1:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20221204_165335.png.a35f222323d8379572df1799d6b9c1c0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_165318.png.e3802661c4233f258bcae14fc98427ec.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_165258.png.a5b5941b149b1161d0351bcc2003a706.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_165239.png.8852913d4e91621a716b831c2222ed25.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_165127.png.7c6d205f22fab795b652d78aa4e3516e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_165059.png.a899fedc8a2b94e2f0e6954bf027b4e9.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164954.png.c828cd4ba3b78cd6e3eb18da85511367.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164823.png.9a6f43d6a5e5b6474defe9325bc30cb4.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164758.png.4b568baa78cdc61011232b380d87b5ae.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164722.png.f437605d83e19c0ba744721cee33ebea.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164715.png.25b124662bbb1c05265351a04c69425f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164644.png.fc14927359edea3db32d09f718924367.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164630.png.f4ac7d09bf6b41021db19cd1e2643ce7.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164613.png.b49e288d6729f13e3f935eeeef4d63c6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164524.png.39023bb332024fe425c9d93a727a207f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164450.png.6ad8e0bca7f861168435301e7809570a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164328.png.f941062d25dcd364309d3dbd14598dc8.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164254.png.3dfa3e06970073e2b56e707992f4bf17.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221204_164054.png.f71734164c2cae51cc9c7d7c6e88a21d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221204_164659.png.71c2f9ef91f472740bde2a1a2f352910.png

Nah i use a wad i made called : The Best FreeDoom Stuff ill give you the link no offense to any deadflare lovers but there a total RipOff Hatchlings are so much better And Matribytes Look so much better like a mother brain Alien or something Anyways the link....

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1dpqi1l8xjs0m02/the_best_freedoom_stuff.wad/file

18 hours ago, Murdoch said:

And you thought this comparison is best done by filtering the christ out of them?

Personally You can see more detail on the sprites no offense but i like that better than pixelated nonsense

19 hours ago, Gothic said:

X0Z2UhW.pngimage.png.f4d0ddbb668166f89f113be8d2ecd744.png

25 minutes ago, J-Force1989 said:

Personally You can see more detail on the sprites no offense but i like that better than pixelated nonsense

Preferring the look is fine and all but by its very nature it can't be more detailed than the original.

Just now, taufan99 said:

Also, Doom Retro has shadows too.

Spoiler

262174183_RuralMini-Base(4).png.00d78738d99da127d6acd9440c56cd5a.png

Look at those trapezius muscles; Freedoomguy would crush Doomguy to a pulp. No contest.

Freedoom zombieman looks quite malnourished, is almost completely un-armored and only has one arm with which to aim his weapon. Doom zombieman easily wins.

Freedoom shotgun guy has more armor and has a much longer reach than his Doom counterpart. An undisputed victory.

As with Freedoom shotgun guy, the Freedoom chaingunner wins in this bout as his head is covered. Bonus for workplace safety.

Freedoom imp's additional appendages provide a grappling advantage, but can he overcome Doom imp's raw strength? This is a tough one to call.

Freedoom pinky lacks arms, and his mouth is too small to simply eat Doom pinky; this is before even taking into account Doom pinky's horns. An easy win for Doom pinky.

In a one-to-one confrontation, the outcome for Freedoom spectre vs Doom spectre is much the same as the previous matchup; however, Freedoom spectre has a smaller frame, which might help him evade detection for longer. The edge still goes to Doom spectre.

Freedoom caco lacks protective spikes and fires from his eyeball, and thus has to choose between seeing his enemy or temporary blindness. It's no wonder why doom caco is smiling!

Freedoom elemental's tentacles would easily tie Doom elemental up in a close-range bout. Freedoom elemental has no eyes, but it is assumed that he uses some other sense in order to locate his enemies. In fact, it may even be superior to Doom elemental's monocular vision, which lacks depth perception. Freedoom elemental wins.

Doom revenant is an eight-foot-tall skeleton with rocket launchers. Freedoom revenant doesn't stand a chance.

Freedoom baron and hell-knight are covered head-to-toe in protective armor. Any fair referee would have stopped this fight from even taking place.

Freedoom mancubus is a blob of raw cookie dough, so Doom mancubus would simply eat him. Freecubus may have the last laugh in Doomcubus' digestive tract, however. This is a draw.

Freedoom archvile can be stopped in his tracks by a simple eye gouge from Doom archvile. Not a fair fight in the slightest.

Freedoom spiderdemon's camouflage allows him to easily blend into any environment and pick away at Doom spiderdemon's exposed brain; killing him and allowing him to escape without being spotted.

All Doom cybie has to do is take out Freedoom cybie's flimsy legs and he's toast. Doom cyberdemon wins.

Freedoom SS officer doesn't even have a gun! Doom SS officer mugged him and ran away long before the police could arrive at the scene.

Freedoom tank-fetus-thing is in a state of cryo-stasis while Keen is already dead. There's no fight to be had!

Doom lost soul has horns for protection and a mouth with teeth for biting. No contest.

Conclusion:

Freedoom's beastiary loses 7-10. Should Doom and Freedoom decide to go to war with each other, Doom takes a decisive victory, but not without heavy losses that would make this conflict hardly worth engaging in. I recommend the two games sign a pact to prevent mutual annihilation.

Edited by ⇛Marnetmar⇛

1 hour ago, J-Force1989 said:

If that is how you prefer to play, more power to you. Thanks for being such a good sport about the jokes, and for posting this. This thread cheered me up quite a bit lol

2 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Oh wow, I can't believe it's GZDoom. The 4:3 aspect ratio kinda suggested me it might've been another source port

That's the power of GZ, I do play in 4:3 (even though I have a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor) but for performance, as the lower resolutions are mostly 4:3, plus it makes the game look old-ish, which I like :>

45 minutes ago, ⇛Marnetmar⇛ said:

Look at those trapezius muscles; Freedoomguy would crush Doomguy to a pulp. No contest.

Freedoom zombieman looks quite malnourished, is almost completely un-armored and only has one arm with which to aim his weapon. Doom zombieman easily wins.

Freedoom shotgun guy has more armor and has a much longer reach than his Doom counterpart. An undisputed victory.

As with Freedoom shotgun guy, the Freedoom chaingunner wins in this bout as his head is covered. Bonus for workplace safety.

Freedoom imp's additional appendages provide a grappling advantage, but can he overcome Doom imp's raw strength? This is a tough one to call.

Freedoom pinky lacks arms, and his mouth is too small to simply eat Doom pinky; this is before even taking into account Doom pinky's horns. An easy win for Doom pinky.

In a one-to-one confrontation, the outcome for Freedoom spectre vs Doom spectre is much the same as the previous matchup; however, Freedoom spectre has a smaller frame, which might help him evade detection for longer. The edge still goes to Doom spectre.

Freedoom caco lacks protective spikes and fires from his eyeball, and thus has to choose between firing at his enemy or temporary blindness. It's no wonder why doom caco is smiling!

Freedoom elemental's tentacles would easily tie Doom elemental up in a close-range bout. Freedoom elemental has no eyes, but it is assumed that he uses some other sense in order to locate his enemies. In fact, it may even be superior to Doom elemental's monocular vision, which lacks depth perception. Freedoom elemental wins.

Doom revenant is an eight-foot-tall skeleton with rocket launchers. Freedoom revenant doesn't stand a chance.

Freedoom baron and hell-knight are covered head-to-toe in protective armor. Any fair referee would have stopped this fight from even taking place.

Freedoom mancubus is a blob of raw cookie dough, so Doom mancubus would simply eat him. Freecubus may have the last laugh in Doomcubus' digestive tract, however. This is a draw.

Freedoom archvile can be stopped in his tracks by a simple eye gouge from Doom archvile. Not a fair fight in the slightest.

Freedoom spiderdemon's camouflage allows him to easily blend into any environment and pick away at Doom spiderdemon's exposed brain; killing him and allowing him to escape without being spotted.

All Doom cybie has to do is take out Freedoom cybie's flimsy legs and he's toast. Doom cyberdemon wins.

Freedoom SS officer doesn't even have a gun! Doom SS officer mugged him and ran away long before the police could arrive at the scene.

Freedoom tank-fetus-thing is in a state of cryo-stasis while Keen is already dead. There's no fight to be had!

Doom lost soul has horns for protection and a mouth with teeth for biting. No contest.

Conclusion:

Freedoom's beastiary loses 7-10. Should Doom and Freedoom decide to go to war with each other, Doom takes a decisive victory, but not without heavy losses that would make this conflict hardly worth engaging in. I recommend the two games sign a pact to prevent mutual annihilation.

Very cool thinking about the 2 from both games fighting I do disagree on a few though but none the less still cool

Is it just me or do at least half the Freedoom monsters look like even creepier or more badass versions of their vanilla Doom counterparts?

51 minutes ago, ⇛Marnetmar⇛ said:

Freedoom caco lacks protective spikes and fires from his eyeball, and thus has to choose between firing at his enemy or temporary blindness. It's no wonder why doom caco is smiling!

Conclusion:

LOL, are we in Death Battle or Spacebattles's versus debate section or something? 

54 minutes ago, SealSpace said:

Is it just me or do at least half the Freedoom monsters look like even creepier or more badass versions of their vanilla Doom counterparts?

they're more alien rather than demonic?? the demons from doom (<<read this in your george wood voice) are still technically "alien" but culturally demons seem to be grounded in an interpretation of earth's percieved reality.