Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Doom 64 Port

I've noticed that Nintendo is porting games from the N64 to the Game Cube. Why not port Doom 64? That'd make my day.

I don't think it will because it wasn't popular enough. I'm assuming only "Greatest Hits" games will be considered.

It's sad that even with Doom's popularity, the console games haven't ever been that popular, except for PSX Doom.

well, maybee someone will code it just for the hell of it. might not be doom64. might be something like jdoom.

Besides, Elbryan42 & Co. will be doing a Doom64 mod for JDoom.
/Me claps his hands in joy.

My guess would be that Nintendo doesn't own the rights to Doom 64. Williams does. A port to the gamecube would be up to Williams, which has already swept the game under their carpet. You can't even find it on their list of published games anymore.

dsm said:

Besides, Elbryan42 & Co. will be doing a Doom64 mod for JDoom.
/Me claps his hands in joy.

That's good enough for me. :D Especially if they port/emulate/take/remake the music as well!

I would rather play computer games (like doom 3!!!!) rather then another version of console doom... But hey, this is just my opinion...

Consoles can shampoo my crotch...
But if they make a version of Doom well then...

Vulg@r said:

I've noticed that Nintendo is porting games from the N64 to the Game Cube. Why not port Doom 64? That'd make my day.

Games? The only one I've heard of is Ocarina of Time (which I have even before the pre-order offer came out suckers :)), what other games are they supposed to be porting?

Ralphis said:

Games? The only one I've heard of is Ocarina of Time (which I have even before the pre-order offer came out suckers :)), what other games are they supposed to be porting?

Correction, they're porting games to the Game Cube. But you can't say they won't keep porting from N64 to GC.

Forget Gamecube, I'm buying a Dreamcast, CD burner, and a great big stack of CDR's! Dreamcast Doom with ANY wad or tc I want on its own self-booting disk? I'll take that, thank you.