Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

New TMNT show. :)

I'm really happy with the new TMNT show. I like the fact that old faves have new shows, and kick-ass ones to boot. Between TMNT and He-Man, I couldn't be happier. Only 2 eps have been shown already, and it's definitely torture waiting for a new ep every week.

I'd rather watch the new Transformers than He-Man, but the old one was still better (so far).

I could never get my transformers truck to turn into a rocket launching cyber dude. Kids these days don't know how lucky they are with all these electric toys...

Actually the old TMNT series definitely holds up. I downloaded and watched them all again recently (all 198 eps), and it was a blast.

And Transformers Armada is also getting too cool for words.

I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Glad to hear there's a new show :)

There's some kind of element that's missing now that I watch these new shows. Had I been watching the remakes when i was no more than 12 years old, that element (which I just can't tell what it is...) would have been there. Maybe it's the imagination that fades into the dread of this world as you grow up...

Good god you guys are so lucky!

Everytime i wanted to watch the TMNT (recently speaking) my sister wanted to watch the Fucking Tweenies. And of course by sucking up to dad she got her own way. Witch.

TMNT rule btw.

Hmm...I liked the show back when it was on, the first two movies were cool, I even saw a Ninja Turtles live show once, and of course the action figures were fucking awesome. But I think I couldn't possibly get into a new show. I mean, for one I'm grown up now, and for another, the lingo they have to use is so horribly out of dat it wouldn't even be funny anymore.

I mean, for one I'm grown up now

That doesn't stop me from watching cartoons, and lots of them. :P

Oh, and I hated the live series with a passion. Ugh.

elbryan42 said:

That doesn't stop me from watching cartoons, and lots of them. :P

Yes, but I mean I'm intellectualy grown up. :P

Unless a cartoon has some kind of insighful messages or is hilariously funny, I wont watch it.

the_Danarchist said:

and of course the action figures were fucking awesome.

Hell yeah! Unforunatley I only have 7 action figures, three of them were alternate Don costumes (detective, army commando Don, and the of course the normal version). They're pretty durable IMO. Still lasting... :)

As long as Krang and Shreddar are the baddies, I'm all about it.. otherwise..... meh

pritch said:

I could never get my transformers truck to turn into a rocket launching cyber dude. Kids these days don't know how lucky they are with all these electric toys...

You've completely missed the point about toys mate. You're supposed to use your own imagination - not have the toys do everything by themselves.

I don't consider modern kids luckier than me - in fact, I find that I was even luckier than other kids, because since my parents couldn't afford all the really "kickass" toys, I developed an ability that most other kids I knew didn't have: The ability to use my own imagination.

I found that whenever I played with some of my "luckier" friends, I found that it sucked playing with their action figures - their improvised stories were always the same formular: Good guys meet bad guys, HUGE battle ensues, good guys lose horribly and are either scattered or captured, wherupon the sadistic badguys torture and beat up the badguys (my "friends" seemed particularly enthusiastic about letting the badguys cut off the dicks on some of the goodguys), the goodguys escape after untold pain and humiliation, mobilize and then the final showdown follows in which all the badguys are killed, most of the remaining goodguys are killed and only a few of the goodguys emerge victoriously.

Boring, uninspiring and enormously dissatisfying.

So if I were you, I would consider myself far better off than those kids of today.

As long as Krang and Shreddar are the baddies, I'm all about it.. otherwise..... meh

Fuck Krang, Shredder all the way! I remember how I really hated Krang - he was the one refused to let Shredder command his badass footsoldiers (which I was supremely disappointed about - I got tired of watching Shredder run around with Bebop and Rocksteady, who btw seemed far more pathetic than the kickass mutants they had been in the second and third show).

The coolest shows were the ones where Shredder had an army to command - that's also why I felt that while something was missing from the movies, they were actually somewhat cooler (forgetting about the third movie mind you).

dsm said:

Fuck Krang, Shredder all the way! I remember how I really hated Krang - he was the one refused to let Shredder command his badass footsoldiers (which I was supremely disappointed about - I got tired of watching Shredder run around with Bebop and Rocksteady, who btw seemed far more pathetic than the kickass mutants they had been in the second and third show).

The coolest shows were the ones where Shredder had an army to command - that's also why I felt that while something was missing from the movies, they were actually somewhat cooler (forgetting about the third movie mind you).

Yeah Shredder kicks ass. And he didn't need Bebop and Rocksteady to help kickass either (not that i'm saying that those two clowns were useless. They do play the role as the comic sidekicks after all).

Rocksteady: Ouch! Careful boss! Rhinos have sensitive ears!
Shredder: Why do you think i'm pulling them?

BTW: I suppose that new people do the voices for the characters (ie James Avery doesn't do the voice for Shredder in this new series). Am i right?

Edit: Corrected names.

Yup, they have new voices. They sound pretty close to the movie voices. Especially Raph and Mike.

The only voice that sucks IMO is Splinter's.

BlueSonnet said:

Bebop: Ouch! Careful boss! Rhinos have sensitive ears!
Shredder: Why do you think i'm pulling them?

Um, Rocksteady is the Rhino, not Bebop

THe new TmnT show is ok. But Trnaceformers sucks ass. Anime traceformers thats just uncool.I fund a huge box in my gruage full of all my old he-man,traceformers,gi-joe and tmnt toys.

dsm said:

Heh...I was going to say that. I used to have a Bebop action figure. In fact, I think he may have been my first. Either him or Raphael.

dsm said:

I knew it! I knew it!Iiiiii knew it!
*ahem* seriously i could have sworn that it was the other way round but i couldn't be bothered to find out about it. Thanx for correcting me!

dsm: About that imagination thing...

Ever create entirely new scenes mixing different movies, and characters, with Legos? (no I don't very many of the new sets, just some not so recent, and old ones, but still many :P(like two years ago) ) Heh, I still do. I think the wierdest one I ever made was a Stargate meets Startrek meets Seaquest. Uhh, don't even ask.

Heh...I remember making a starport out of the legos my friends and I had. Basically, it was a ton of spaceships, then we used the road pieces to build on top of them various things like entrance gates to the spaceport, a command station, and a cantina. We had a Star Wars theme, and I remember making a spider droid that was actualy scaled with the models and fairly convincing. We also had various other droids like R2s and some vaguely protocol-looking droids. My friend also made a pretty damned good version of a skyhopper. I think my favorite ship was my big one with 5 cockpits and a smuggling compartment.