Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
D-clone

Doom III Alpha performance improvement

Is there a way to imporve performance on Doom III alpha?
I have an Athlon XP 1800+ with a Ti-4800. I turned off aniso and AA, but it still pretty slow. Sometimes its up to 20 or 30 fps, but when a new scene comes up, it drops to under 5 fps.
And the intro movie video goes out of sync with the audio.
Is there a command in the console or something where i can lower the resolution, or maybe turn off some graphics features, bc somtimes its unplayable.
thanks

i found out that by turning off v-sybc, and using 16 bit color depth uder my ti4800 settings improved performance dramatically. Its actually more than playable at 40 -70 fps ALL THE TIME!

These commands turn off some of the features, although they don't really improve performance much on my system:

r_shadows 0
r_specular 0
s_reverbtime 0
s_roomacoustics 0

To switch resolutions, use "r_mode x" where x is one of the video modes (type "listmodes" in the console to see a list of them). You'll need to use "vid_restart" after that to actually chance the resolution.

Tech question motherfucker!!! do you speak it!??? (*)

Shaviro, you as a Super Mod oughta be able to see that and take the appropriate actions - I'm disappointed with you! See me after class! :-P

(*)Don't take the "motherfucker" word too litteral - it's just the Moderators' standard way of pointing out mistakes on the Members' part.

dsm said:
Shaviro, you as a Super Mod oughta be able to see that and take the appropriate actions - I'm disappointed with you! See me after class! :-P

/me spanks dsm.

Shaviro said:

uh what? I thought it WAS in the tech forum.

I just moved it here less than half an hour ago so it wasn't.