Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeatedChocolate

Christmas Lists 2022

It's that time o' year folks, white stuff falls from the sky hopefully, lights are strung up and left till mid-June and kids rejoice as they get a week off. So, therefore, somebody had to do this kinda thread this year, why not start early?

As for me, all I'm getting is shirts and cash, don't need that much anymore. But what about you folk, what d'ye be wanting this year?

Now that EVGA won't be making anymore graphics cards, I'm planning on going back to PowerColor (for nostalgic reasons). To be more specific, I want to upgrade my current card to the AMD Radeon RX 6600.

(it's this one)

I also want to get Kirby and the Forgotten Land, The Far Side 2023 Off-the-Wall Calendar, and a $100 Amazon Gift card.

I am at a point in my life where my career leaves me with no desire to seek out physical gifts, but rather the gifts of knowledge and good times as well as be the one giving to others.  I have a long vacation starting on the 16th which I hope to get plenty of time to spend with family and my wife most importantly.

Also might actually get a chance to poke at some projects which have sat around for far too long due to work and burnout.

I've told my family not to get me gifts, if they absolutely have to they can give me a $10 Amazon card. 
The best gift I'll get is the one I'm buying for myself when this week's paycheck arrives: the ProCo Rat 2. 

Rat2-large.jpg

Don't believe there's anyone for me to exchange gifts with, and the only snow I expect in southern California will be limited to the surrounding mountain tops (though it might be fun for a hike).

I have been on the job hunt lately, so maybe that's what I can ask Satan for this year.

All I want is my peace and quiet and to be left alone. I treasure my privacy as well. I get that every year anyway, so no complaints at all. Happy Holidays to all of you!

Nothing whatsoever. I asked my family years ago to stop buying me things, and I would get them nothing. Killed the stress and hassle of the season beautifully.

I wish my grandma will stop bugging me about preparing for lunar new year

which is impossible

Edited by fai1025

One of the reasons I have been meaning to purchase a PS4 was this game. I loved the first Digimon World and Re:Digitize (which I played on a PSP emulator), but now that it is coming to PC I might play it before I get a PS4, hopefully:

Untitled.jpg.390b4c64d2f26d0658ef89e704188d65.jpg

I'll probably get the new Dwarf Fortress Steam version. I'm a fan of stuff like Rimworld and was interested in the free version from reviews, but the ASCII graphics and weird UI kinda put me off for a while, so it's cool to see new graphics and UI.

Will probably just look through Christmas sales and see what there is. I like to think I'm not as much of a compulsive buyer as younger me was.

My parents are getting me a LEGO set. It's the one that has the Dark Troopers in it. I'm not sure why there's a LEGO set with Dark Troopers, but gimme! Did they appear in a new show or something or did someone at LEGO just play Dark Forces and decided that the Dark Trooper deserved its own minifigure?

Anyways, I'm getting my brother an XBox gift card and Toffeefe, my mom asked for Cards Against Humanity for some reason (she doesn't have a raunchy sense of humour, so it feels like a weird gift for her), and my dad is getting a book from each of us (Stephen King and John Grisham always have such perfect timing whenever we need to get my dad something).

I am doing German-style Christmas this year and already started preparing the dishes ahead of time, starting today. So primarily the best gift for me this year was lots of food, haha!

But honestly, coming up with Christmas gift ideas lately is a bit of a challenge for us. This year there's just a couple of things we need every day, that's all. Mostly because we don't want anything, so my husband and myself usually give each other practical gifts that we need the most right now rather than fancy gimmicks. I guess we're getting old, lol!

However, speaking of fancy gimmicks... I preordered the new Figma Bloodborne hunter figurine that yet has to be released (and it's a bit late on the schedule despite estimated release date... oh well, patience is a virtue). I never had Figma action figures before, but I am aware they are supposed to be of superior quality. That one comes with a few classic Bloodborne weapons including Ludwig's Holy Blade - which is the real reason I decided to preorder, for we actually finished the game doing Ludwig's Holy Blade build :). So I thought it's somewhat symbolic.

Release date was supposed to be in November, but it's running late, so now we're not gonna receive it by Christmas. Hope it arrives shortly in January.

I got my fiance a Mr. Coffee espresso machine with mugs and a tamper. She got me a Roc-N-Soc nitro drum throne. We're going to her parents later tonight to get drunk and fat. They're from Louisiana, so they always have good ass food. Got her mom a manual treadmill, and started up a Facebook page for her dad's fractal burning creations. Getting drunk and fat again with my mom at our place tomorrow. Ordered breakfast for takeout. 😎

Got my early Christmas gift this morning.

PowerColor.gif.a347f210e1a162d3cbb7b77dbc95acc0.gif

I even managed to overclock it quite a bit.