Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fireseth

SIGIL II - Episode 6

Just now, Shepardus said:

Your screenshot says it'll be released on December 30, not December 10. December 10 is when he'll be live streaming.

No, it says it will be released for DOOM 30th Anniversary.

Ooooooo Sneak Peek at Sigil 2? And it's coming out on doom's 30th birthday? Damn Christmas came super early didn't it?

Now my question is this: Is he going to use stock textures like he did with Sigil 1 or is he going to use new ones?

So, John Romero is working on two separate Doom projects!

SIGIL II - 9 levels, presumably for DOOM 1 since it'll be releasing on its thirtieth birthday.

Untitled Megawad - 32 levels, confirmed to be for DOOM 2, releasing after SIGIL II. This project was previously referred to as SIGIL II by John Romero but I'm assuming that's no longer the case. Sources: Bridgeburner Interview with John Romero and this Tweet.

Edited by Fireseth

Whew, made it before the kneejerk anticipatory Cacoward comments.

A whole year for a 9 map mapset? He's either working on a new game while developing it or he just wants it to release on the 30th anniversary.

34 minutes ago, Metal_Slayer said:

A whole year for a 9 map mapset? He's either working on a new game while developing it or he just wants it to release on the 30th anniversary.

I think he is.

romerogames.com

Spoiler

We’re hiring!

It’s a new dawn for Romero Games. We are 100% focused on first-person shooters, the foundation that built our careers, our studio and a genre. Our current project is an all-new FPS with an original, new IP. Romero Games is working with a major publisher using state-of-the-art technology – Unreal Engine 5.

You are welcome to join our studio and our team. Romero Games has a long history of inclusivity, diversity and respect, and this is reflected in our team, our leadership, our culture and benefits, and our development partners. Most of the team have worked together for nearly a decade, and some have worked together for twice that. We genuinely like working with one another, and look forward to welcoming you.

We support onsite, remote and hybrid work models so that you can do your best work where it’s best for you.

OK, I am confused. All this time I thought SIGIL II was the megawad. But well, looks like many others (if not everybody) assumed the same until now. Mind blown.

Edited by NightFright

11 hours ago, Fireseth said:

SIGIL II - 9 levels, presumably for DOOM 1 since it'll be releasing on its thirtieth birthday.

Untitled Megawad - 32 levels, confirmed to be for DOOM 2, releasing after SIGIL II. This project was previously referred to as SIGIL II by John Romero but I'm assuming that's no longer the case. Sources: Bridgeburner Interview with John Romero and this Tweet.

Has Romero actually confirmed that the Doom 2 project will be 32 levels? I feel if that was the case he would have made it clear in the reply tweet.

4 minutes ago, elic said:

Has Romero actually confirmed that the Doom 2 project will be 32 levels? I feel if that was the case he would have made it clear in the reply tweet.

Yes. In response to Bridgeburner asking, "So it will be a full 32?", John Romero responded with a "Yeah."

I misread the date for a moment and thought this was dropping tomorrow, now I'm very sad.

40 minutes ago, Fireseth said:

Yes. In response to Bridgeburner asking, "So it will be a full 32?", John Romero responded with a "Yeah."

Have the time stamp of this? I remember listening to that interview a while ago and feeling like something was off about Romero’s response there, like he didn’t fully understand the question or wasn’t sure yet how big the project would be.

I just think we should hold off on expecting this project from being 32 maps until we get a more clear confirmation.

4 hours ago, elic said:

Have the time stamp of this?

1:06:26. To be fair, the entire conversation topic was regarding SIGIL II, in which case I'm now assuming that he changed his mind and is now turning that project into something separate from SIGIL II, as referenced in his Tweet about a Doom 2 level set.

Edited by Fireseth

I was hoping for a megaWAD expanding on Doom II, but I could absolutely go for just more of Sigil. The original was great.

16 hours ago, dasho said:

Cacoward just for announcing it, then another Cacoward when it's released, I think that's fair

16 hours ago, dasho said:

Can people start awarding Cacoawards to just mere concepts?

Like if we all just imagine that Sigil 3 exists, then can it be awarded?

On 12/8/2022 at 11:57 PM, Fireseth said:

I think my brain just jumped out of my skull with excitement 🧠🤯

Doom 1 though. I mean, I've no hate for the game for the most part but I do hate having to fight barons of hell with anything less than a rocket launcher. They've just go so much health! Don't make me shotgun more of them, Romero.

On 12/29/2022 at 4:29 AM, s4f3s3x said:

Techbases and nukage, apparently 

Hellcracks for sure.

1 minute ago, zxd said:

I've seen in somewhere that sigil 2 will be on Doom 1, hope not.

According to the stream, it will. The Doom 2 wad is a different project entirely.