Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

The 2022 Cacowards

Awesome! Grats to everyone who got a caco! I do cannot help but feel that a few entries in a certain monthly WAD series are notably absent, however...

* H E A V Y  B R E A T H I N G *

Also grats to everyone & the winners!

Just a quick FYI, the link for KDIKDIZD on "Top Ten - Page Three" currently incorrectly links to Heartland instead.

Not sure who to direct that to.

Edit: Has been corrected now, thank you~

Edited by DarkQuill : Query

5 minutes ago, DarkQuill said:

Just a quick FYI, the link for KDIKDIZD on "Top Ten - Page Three" currently incorrectly links to Heartland instead.

Not sure who to direct that to.

Currently being taken care of. 👍

Er, not by me, I just clean the toilets.

The story of how KDiKDiZD came together is worthy of a Princeton degree... Damn. What an amazing feat.

It's incredible how engine modifications and breakthrough discoveries haved continued for 30+ years.

Congrats everyone! I'm honored to see that the Dai-Katana Dog Dojo was hand selected for the Pagodia image.

Congrats to all the winners! Another year chock full of excellent WADs. Looks like I missed a lot this year somehow, as I only played through 2 main award winners, and 2 runners-up, though there's more in the 22 More I played as well. Looks like I have a good list to start going through now! This also reminds me to go back and finish Elementalism, PRCP2, and Azazel's Second Descent (that one has been criminally overlooked and Vile's blurb for it is a good description of what it's like).

Also, Deadwing's Creator of the Year award is very well deserved! Ozonia is definitely one of my favorite WADs of the year, and its OST is fantastic as well. 

All my congrats for @Xymph! The Real Wiki wouldn't have been this far without his contribution (alongside many others', including mine...)

Congratulations to the winners. Glad to See Elementalism on here. well deserved

Abysm 2: Infernal Contract - got the silver Cacoward

Pharaoh's Judgement - got a mention in the sidebar

Spirit Falcon - nowhere to be Seen

Can't wait for Abysm X to be in the "Worst Wad" section since it's only downhill from here.

but in all seriousness, Definitely gonna grind Abysm X until it's 99% perfect. 2023 Cacowards here we come!

I was gonna recommend Ozonia and KDIKDIZ but I saw the nomination thread too late. Glad everyone else beat me to the punch!

Big kudos to @Deadwing for their big wins. You did awesome work with Ozonia.

It's been fun delivering another set of awards! Cheers everyone, and I hope you all enjoy what we've cooked up this year!

Ohmygodohmygod, I see Solar Struggle there! I won a 1/36th of a runner-up silver Cacoward figurine!

What's more amazing that there are awarded wads I haven't even heard of. Wads that look very interesting and award-worthy. I'll never run out of wads on my "to be played" list.

EDIT: Congrats to other winners too :-D

Nice to see Capybara as a runner-up, Dwelling in the "Still Waiting For" list, Hordamex honored in the multiplayer section, Elementalism Phase 1 as a winner, @Snaxalotl as a promising newcomer (congrats!), and a huge congrats to @Xymph for the Espi! VERY well deserved.

It's about time I start playing more stuff from this talented community. It might also help break away from brute-forcing creativity.

So I'm adding "Dance on the Water" to my list. :D

Congratulations to all the winners and runner-ups! Looking through all of these amazing creations, I wonder what's going to amaze us in the next year, the 30th anniversary of Doom. Special shout-out to @Xymph for winning Espi Award with outstanding contributions to Doomwiki and /idgames, and @Deadwing for not only winning one of top 10s, but also winning both Dootaward and the Creator of the Year award! All well-deserved. 👏👏👏

I recall DMing @Deadwing to send him some of the graphics I made for Ozonia as it was approaching its final release date, and I mentioned it deserving a Cacoward. Seeing as I am a filthy dead-conversation-deleter, I can't accurately recount the exact manner in which he sheepishly said "oh, I don't know if it deserves something like that", but I hope now he sees how utterly and completely he and his work do deserve all that's been won today. Even beyond Ozonia he's a hard worker, a brilliant talent, and a great guy to be around. I have to thank him again for lending the Ozonia track "Hot Pressure" to the first release of the TNT MIDI Pack so it could make its 25th-anniversary deadline - and without even being asked to! It was such a kind and attentive gesture, which I won't forget any time soon. I owe you one, buddy - hope we'll work together again soon!

Congratulations to all the winners! Seems this was a really productive year in doom

Here's looking towards all the great stuff we'll see next year on doom's 30th anniversay 

The cacowards never disappoint, thanks to the team for all the time taken to make this happen.

Congratulations to everyone who was mentioned within the awards. 2022 has been another great year and one that has tested the boundaries of this nearly 3 decade old game more than most. Be it the extensive vanilla trickery of KDiKDiZD or the intricacies of some of the boom compatible offerings.

Heres to another great year, May everyone pull out all the stops to make the 30th year a truly memorable one.

Congratulations to all winners. I have not played much this year, but, i have been quite productive behind the scenes hehe

Anyhow, of the little i played this year, it's great to see pagodia winning a runner's up. Eggboy (and all of course) deserves it :)

Next year will surely be something for me with what i have in stores. But yeah, this isn't about me. 

Congrats to everyone !

Dynamo (a busy bee himself) did a great job summarizing Xymph's many accomplishments, but no one who has witnessed his monstrous dedication first hand can go without paying respects directly. Cheers Xymph!

Happy birthday Doom. Congrats to the restless creativity of this community for the 29th year in a row.