Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well, what I will say now, is much of the same the others said.
But pretty okay/good for first release. :)
Next time, please give a note, that it is for zdoom. But all it was used for was some text message?.

Here is some things:

* Use various heights, because most of your rooms where 128 tall, and they seemed flat somehow.

* Use more different textures, eg: the start, try use more of the star* textures :)

* align the texture better; i saw some deadly disalignments there...

* More detail.

You Could also read the Wad Designers Hand book.
Download it at:
ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/docs/editing/handbk21.zip

And if you wanna see my first released level (I made about 100 test levels before I made and released this one), download it here
ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/aminesii.zip
Btw, it is also map26 of freedoom, I know there is some errors in it :).

Well, keep on mapping :)

Torn said:

But all it was used for was some text message?.

It was also used for making the marines fight the monsters in the hallway and removing the spawn spots after monsters teleported in. For some reason even though I didn't have the linedefs repeatable everytime I crossed it another monster popped out.

thedemonsarecoming said:

It was also used for making the marines fight the monsters in the hallway and removing the spawn spots after monsters teleported in. For some reason even though I didn't have the linedefs repeatable everytime I crossed it another monster popped out.

hmmm... You could make it for doom2.exe, if you made the former human and sergets having marine skin. And I feel this text message worstless.

Torn said:

hmmm... You could make it for doom2.exe, if you made the former human and sergets having marine skin. And I feel this text message worstless.

Yes, but they wouldn't have fought the imps. The only way I know how to do it is with Thing_Hate. I also used ZDooM to make it so you started with the shotgun out.

I guess the text message was worthless, but it was going to need ZDooM anyway.

thedemonsarecoming said:

Yes, but they wouldn't have fought the imps. The only way I know how to do it is with Thing_Hate. I also used ZDooM to make it so you started with the shotgun out.

I guess the text message was worthless, but it was going to need ZDooM anyway.

They would act like the humans, and they attack the monsters too... :)

thedemonsarecoming said:

Yes, but they wouldn't have fought the imps. The only way I know how to do it is with Thing_Hate.

Eternity and Legacy have objtarget() using Fraggle Script. But of course, that still limits the map to a source port.