Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

Carcass Graphics!!!

I had this new idea for some doom graphics, but there is some issues... I was thinking of making flies around the dead monster sprite (kinda like the flies in quake2 around the dead...) in my new doom wad. But I then thought, how the fuck would flies get on mars??
Anyway's how many of you think this will be a good idea?

Flies and rats would get there the same way that microbes would, by hitching a ride with all the cargo.

I once thought a mod that made the bodies "gibbable", and therefore prevented them from being ressurected by the ArchVile (again like Q2 and the - is it - the medic?).

Obviously very Q2, but fun for a change, especially if you incorporate it into a map where it matters.

Didn't give it much serious thought though, and I suspect it might be very hard to do without actual source port modification. Maybe DDF could do something like that?

Yeah, Immoral Conduct had it where dead seargents would "spawn" flies after a few minutes.

Enjay: You're right. It is the Strogg Medic that does the resurrect thingy.

Gibbing a dead corpse is possible with monsters that drop weapons in just Dehacked, but I imagine it wouldn't be worth it.

DarkWolf said:

Gibbing a dead corpse is possible with monsters that drop weapons in just Dehacked, but I imagine it wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah, I agree it wouldn't be worth it, especially as it has knock on effects elsewhere. It also wouldn't cover (I don't think) the main reason I wanted this: to prevent the archies bringing corpses back to life. I'm not sure if you would be able to make it so the archie could ressurrect the modified weapon into a monster if you didn't gib it. Even if it could, the next monster probably couldn't be made to leave a gibbable body. I think something more advanced than DEHACKED would be needed to make a proper job of this.

Legacy have gibbable bodies included as a feature accompanied with the solid corpse feature.. But it's just there so you won't get blocked in by the solid corpses, so the only visual to is that they end up and doorsquiches.. and the slop sound is sounded too. (but legacy have that when a body get squiched in a door too soo,..,.)