Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkarUA

First wad - BWP

7 hours ago, RED77 said:

This are your fist maps? No WAy. Amazing stuff

No no no, this is not the first map, this is the first wad that I completed to the end, and I made it 2 years ago.

10 hours ago, thelamp said:

Impressive stuff for first completed wad!

Spoiler

Thank you for playing my WAD, it's very inspiring to make other maps.

Oh...eerrrm.... Yhea, I'm in awe.

This looks bloody amazing

Edit: Played this a bit. This is very difficult for me, so I will add it to my later to do list. Right now, I did not see any kind of difficulty implementation. Maybe I missed it. Played on HMP and this gave me straight out sigyl vibes, which is, quite frankly, too difficult for me. That said, i would not adjust it based on my own feedback, because I did not get past the revenant in first level. yet. I'll be back, with a bunch of videos. 

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

8 hours ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

Oh...eerrrm.... Yhea, I'm in awe.

This looks bloody amazing

Thank you for rating.

Second map! I like the tight knit progression of these levels, despite my getting lost in it. Some dangerous fights here, and some opportunity to cheese my way out of those fights. Health is pretty scarce so I'm taking whatever advantage I can get!

These are some really good maps! I sort of like how you're pummeled by hitscanners starting out, yet things don't feel blatantly unfair. It's also some really nice detailing work overall as well. And that first map midi sounds awfully familiar. I think that's probably copyrighted but oh, it's so good!

Although you're incredibly teleport-trap happy. Like every few steps in the second map (04) it seems like a few baddies teleport in to make your life misery.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

Three down, one to go! Changed my HUD setup a bit and upgraded to current version of GZ

This is really deep in the "no way this is your first map" category of first map!

After playing the first 2 maps (I will play the other 2) I have 0 complaints, other than how evil you are with your chaingunners placements!

I will be looking forward to any of your works!

Third map was really good too.

Just one detail, you use a lot of switch to do things in the map, and it's not always easy to figure out what they do, I spent a lot of time wondering where to go next.

Big map! It was labyrinthine, but after a while I started to understand the layout and it's actually quite intuitive. Being totally nonlinear, all sorts of different paths open depending on what 'task' you decide to do first. There are few discrete fights in the maps which for me adds to the feeling that this is a real, mundane place with enemies all over that just haven't seen you yet. The signposting using switches that lower matching pillars helped a lot to simplify what would've otherwise been a guessing game as to what happened.

On non linearity, I would've had a much easier time if I had found an ssg earlier you may want to place a couple more in areas that are accessible early on. I don't find one until about 20 minutes in, only to realize there was one in a room near the beginning of the map haha

1 hour ago, Gubber said:

how long did this take to make?

The first card in about two days, the other three, one week each.

I just finished BWP and I'm stopping by to thank you for creating this beautiful and challenging WAD, @SkarUA! I really liked the colors, textures, and challenges of all the maps. Demon House is the map that I consider the most difficult in terms of exploration and fight against the monsters. Congratulations on creating this work of art that will undoubtedly be part of my collection.

Blessings.

I just finished BWP and I'm stopping by to thank you for creating this beautiful and challenging WAD, @SkarUA! I really liked the colors, textures, and challenges of all the maps. Demon House is the map that I consider the most difficult in terms of exploration and fight against the monsters. Congratulations on creating this work of art that will undoubtedly be part of my collection.

Blessings.

dmnwizard. Thank you for playing BWP.wad and for the high rating.

Edited by SkarUA