Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godzialox666

I CREATED MY NEW WAD BASED IN HANGAR 18 BY MEGADETH

hi, maybe someone knows about the existence of THE MADNESS OF DEAD my old WAD and those who tried it will know that it contained many errors and above all bad design. Well, thanks to the criticism, I was inspired to make another WAD, this time based on one of my favorite bands, especially a song called HANGAR 18, I leave you the wad here, although I also uploaded it to IDGAMES 

hangar18.zip

Edited by Godzialox666 : I add screenshots

3 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

The Zip is invalid for some reason. Maybe try giving a link to the IDGAMES archive download?

i edit it now, I think it's fine, but I don't know what caused the previous error, I could open it without a problem, I opened it with WinRAR

3 hours ago, FEDEX said:

Same issue here, seems to be corrupt

i edit it now, I think it's fine now, but I don't know what caused the previous error, I could open it without a problem, I opened it with WinRAR

2 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

It's a RAR file. It opens and extracts with the latest version of 7-Zip.

i think so, i edit it now, I think it's fine, but I don't know what caused the previous error, I could open it without a problem, I opened it with WinRAR

Gave it a run through and it's pretty fun! It definitely uses a lot of beginner techniques such as raising the floor to be walls, or lowering ceiling above doors. You have a good grasp of the basics and I hope you keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, ZeMystic said:

Gave it a run through and it's pretty fun! It definitely uses a lot of beginner techniques such as raising the floor to be walls, or lowering ceiling above doors. You have a good grasp of the basics and I hope you keep up the good work!

THANKS A LOT!!! I like to see that my second wad has finally been able to be really good for people and I like that you had fun. For my part I can say that there were parts of the map creation or even in slade that frustrated me due to the same error that I thought I understood but it still didn't work, it happened to me a lot, but I finally managed to get the wad out and I like that you like. I will continue mapping because I loved it. Thank you

Fun little wad with a great MIDI. It really goes to show how good MIDI choices can really help a map "come together" so to speak. Keep it up, I am looking forward to what you make next

It's only natural that I would give a map like this a go lol. This is a pretty good second map; short and to the point with some pretty neat monster encounter set ups and I didn't feel like I got lost any. Nice job.

I did notice a bit of the beginner qualities, like some misaligned textures, the extremely tall ceilings and some empty looking rooms. Those will vanish with time and practice however. You mentioned using Slade and I'm not sure if that's what you used to build the map or not, but if so I'd highly recommend using Ultimate Doom Builder. There's hotkeys for aligning/scaling textures and a bunch of other features like the door building tool that can help speed up the mapping process and make it a little easier. Also don't be afraid to put some nice looking screenshots in your posts when releasing your maps, players will appreciate that and will be more likely to check it out.

7 hours ago, StalkerBlade said:

It's only natural that I would give a map like this a go lol. This is a pretty good second map; short and to the point with some pretty neat monster encounter set ups and I didn't feel like I got lost any. Nice job.

I did notice a bit of the beginner qualities, like some misaligned textures, the extremely tall ceilings and some empty looking rooms. Those will vanish with time and practice however. You mentioned using Slade and I'm not sure if that's what you used to build the map or not, but if so I'd highly recommend using Ultimate Doom Builder. There's hotkeys for aligning/scaling textures and a bunch of other features like the door building tool that can help speed up the mapping process and make it a little easier. Also don't be afraid to put some nice looking screenshots in your posts when releasing your maps, players will appreciate that and will be more likely to check it out.

I use doom builder 2. And thanks for the critic and i put some screenshots now