Your favorite Christmass movies?

A Christmas Carol (1951)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Jingle All The Way

A Christmas Story

Home Alone

Miracle on 34th Street

Klaus

dunno, it's gotta be a movie everyone present has totally memorized x3 the worst thing is watching new disney stuff when everyone remembers the well voice-acted animated versions and then have to face the live-action versions with no gravity to them.

light adventure comedy stuff or light horror comedy stuff is teh recommended. dunno, I wish the first Wallace and Gromit was 72 hours long so no-one had to think about this. i mean if I scheduled tv over xmas I would put on Blue Collar and Felix the Cat and The Assassination of Richard Nixon but that's cos happy people on tv make me anxious, gathering around the tv is kinda torture unless it's curated.

Die Hard

Lethal Weapon

Home Alone

Batman Returns

Joulupukki ja noitarumpu

My favourite Christmas film is Jingle All the Way staring Schwarzenegger, it's just the right level of bad but I also still get to watch a Schwarzenegger film.

A Christmas Story

It's A Wonderful Life

Home Alone

Elf

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Jingle All The Way

The Muppet Christmas Carol

The Year Without A Santa Claus

Frosty the Snowman (TV special)

2 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

A Christmas Carol (1951)

Jingle All The Way

A Christmas Story

Home Alone

Miracle on 34th Street

Klaus

A fine taste good sir

52 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Jingle All The Way

Realy underated movie. Say all what you want about Schwarzeneger acting range but I always loved his comedic delivery especialy from Last Action Hero, True Lies and Jingle all The Way.

Black Christmas 2019.

Just kidding. I loved that movie, but the one Christmas movie I have watched so many times is the original The Santa Clause.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Black Christmas 2019.

Just kidding. I loved that movie, but the one Christmas movie I have watched so many times is the original The Santa Clause.

The Tim Allen Movie? Thanks for reminding me of that, I´ll make sure to give it a watch again.

Yeah, in hindsight, that might be the only Tim Allen movie that I actually like - along with Toy Story, but I am not sure if that one counts. I tried watching the first sequel and it did not leave much of an impression on me, despite the presence of Michael Dorn as the Sandman (!), and I have avoided the third one, which looks like it has basically the same plot as Shrek Forever After.

It sure isn't "A Christmas Story". After it being shown for more than 30yrs on a certain tv channel in the US, UGH! Same movie, 24hrs. It got old real fast. This year, we get it on 2 channels. Bah humbug?

Have never liked Christmas movies even as a kid. Too cheesy. And no one else in my family cares for them either.

The Snowman is probably the only one I could name, but it's not feature length. But if you look closely, in First Blood you can spot some Christmas trees in the police station, so that's my pick.

7 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

A Christmas Story

It's A Wonderful Life

Home Alone

Elf

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Jingle All The Way

The Muppet Christmas Carol

The Year Without A Santa Claus

Frosty the Snowman (TV special)

I'd call this the correct list heh. A Christmas Story has me ugly laughing every year, especially at the leg lamp scenes and the hysterical mother at the Chinese restaurant. The duck especially, that gets me every time. Elf is very cozy, and I always have great memories of it. Pretty much perfectly cast too, especially Papa Elf. It's a Wonderful Life is, in my opinion, of the best movies ever made. It's a beautiful story, wonderfully acted, and pretty much timeless. And finally, a Charlie Brown Christmas is a masterpiece. I know it's a cartoon for kids from the 60s, but it handles depression and loneliness in a surprisingly mature way. It's simple enough for anyone of any age to understand as well. Really a beautiful cartoon that brought me a lot of comfort growing up, since I've always considered myself a bit of a Charlie Brown. 

I also just love Christmas, so I always get excited to watch these every year. 

Let's see...

It's a Wonderful Life

A Muppet Christmas Carol

Disney's A Christmas Carol (the Jim Carrey version)

It's Christmas, Charlie Brown!

Shrek the Halls

Die Hard

Home Alone

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Elf

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Claus

Probably a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment. All great movies nonetheless.

Never understood the hype for "A Christmas Story". When I saw it as a kid it didn't make me laugh and when I watched it again a few years ago I felt profoundly bored.

Jack Frost with Michael Keaton is a true christmas classic.

"You da man!"

"No, you da man!"

"No, I'm the snowman!"

Home Alone 1 and 2

Die Hard

Santa's Slay

Bad Santa 1 and 2

Gremlins

Lethal Weapon

The Santa Clause