Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redneckerz

Duke Nukem Forever 2D 1996 build leaked

Day 2 of the Christmas leaks! Leaked through 4Chan, this became eventually Alien Rampage.

Download: Here (Archive.org link)

Blurb:

Media:

Comparison with Alien Rampage:

Edited by Redneckerz : Replaced download with archive.org link

Is Alien Rampage essentially the same game with all the Duke Nukem references removed or was it reworked into a completely different game? If it is the former, do you think it would be possible to turn it back into a Duke Nukem game, so to speak?

In either case, is Alien Rampage worth checking out as a game?

3 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Is Alien Rampage essentially the same game with all the Duke Nukem references removed or was it reworked into a completely different game? If it is the former, do you think it would be possible to turn it back into a Duke Nukem game, so to speak?

In either case, is Alien Rampage worth checking out as a game?

Alien Rampage is pretty fun if you like games similar to it, but it’s an entirely different game. The only thing the two here have in common seems to just be the engine used to make the games on. Both lack music support on purpose, as it seems the engine was planned to support CD Audio so people could listen to whatever they wanted to and it would also mean they didn’t have to work out a soundtrack that worked for various sound cards. 

Alien Rampage has nothing to do with Duke Nukem Forever. Alien Rampage was released in September 1996, while they where still working on this Duke Nukem game in November 1996.

I am not sure any of the recently leaked builds even qualify as beta to begin with. I could be wrong, but they all strike me as early alpha material.

Dang, didn’t know it was going to be a sidescroller with aiming similar to Abyss. I would’ve loved to have played this, but if it was this or Duke3D I’m glad they went with the latter.

Edit: Not 'Abyss', Abuse! Thank you @MrFlibble.

Edited by BGrieber : I oof'd

Before seeing the video, I really thought you meant Halloween Harry instead of Alien Rampage, which to me honestly would have been great as a Duke Nukem game.

Scott Miller on the connection between the platform games Duke Nukem 4 and Alien Rampage:

The same group recently leaked the Alien Rampage prototype when it was under the title Ravager.

Now that I think of it, I always wondered that the group x0r_jmp are a bunch of ex-Embracer Group employees that are leaking 3D Realms/Apogee's beta content to the public.