Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Mother nature is a frosty bitchgoddess.

Yeeg, how many of you are victims of this awful storm in the Northeast U.S.? I sure am.Everything is buried in a deep layer of snow. The roads are unmanageable, and I'm sick too, for the first time in a year. It's like Mother nature is making up for all ofthe snow we DIDN'T get earlier this year. I probably won't see my homeroom at school until wednesday or thursday.

Johnstown got around a foot of snow, bound to be doubled by tomorrow. I've been shoveling snow ALL day, including all of yesterday. (and last night) At least I got $50 to show for it.

If Mother Nature's a hooker, I'm flat broke.

God damnit. How come you guys get snow? We haven't had a single flake all winter. Bastards.

the_Danarchist said:

God damnit. How come you guys get snow? We haven't had a single flake all winter. Bastards.

You want it? You can have it. But I keep the money. :P

Heh, you can't even SEE the roads here. It's a chore just to look at the stuff.
And, I've thrown out my back twice too. It still hurts. :P

i was shocked when it snowed here in london this year. i couldn't remember the last time i saw snow before that. england can have lousy weather sometimes - not cold enough for snow, not too hot in summer either. well it's not that bad i guess.
...christ we're talking about the fucking weather!!

It's 74F here. :)
I _do_ feel sorry for you all back east.
I think I'll go swimming later today... =P

Had to get 2 feet of snow off my car, and then shovel 435252 cubic feet from around it. Only took me about 2 hours, but I'm expecting a plow-truck to come any minute and bury my car in white-goodness once more. Oh, the joy.

Is it true Bush looked out of his window, saw the snow and was running around the Whitehouse screaming "Anthrax attack" for an hour?

fodders said:

Is it true Bush looked out of his window, saw the snow and was running around the Whitehouse screaming "Anthrax attack" for an hour?

You heard a rumor. I heard it was two hours :P

Submerge said:

Yeeg, how many of you are victims of this awful storm in the Northeast U.S.? I sure am.Everything is buried in a deep layer of snow. The roads are unmanageable, and I'm sick too, for the first time in a year. It's like Mother nature is making up for all ofthe snow we DIDN'T get earlier this year. I probably won't see my homeroom at school until wednesday or thursday.

All it's done down here in NC is rain but I'm not one to complain :P Driving on ice, snow, icy snow, or sludgy ice always sucks. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick, Sub, hope you get better :) I wouldn't complain about missing school for the next few days if I were you :P

I know that theres a snowstorm in the N-E in the US and it will hit us tonight, but snow isn't much of a problem. It's the temperature that I hate. Having to walk 30 mins at -40C (-40F too O_o) to go to school is not very fun.

i fucking hate Georgia. they proclaimed it was gonna be "the coldest winter ever!!" and snow was gonna be all over the place. but yet again, everything that was supposed to be good didnt happen and we got 2 weeks of "cold" weather (30ish degrees fahrenheit) and not a damn flake of snow. now its back up to 70-80 degrees. and i hate the heat. i wish it would snow. georgia sucks, i hate it so bad. dont any of you ever come down here if you value your sanity. it is so boring

</rant>

Today's the first sunny day in Dallas after the whole weekend was wet and cold. Texas weather can be nice at times. :)

Out here in Connecticut, I can't even see the car parked in the driveway. I havnt seen this much snow in a long time.

Edit: The state's stores and businesses have been shut-down except for gas stations and grocery stores.

IMJack beat me to it on the Texas weather. We've actually had a rather mild winter here compared to most other years. Texas is one of the few places that gets as hot as the Sahara and cold as the Antarctic.

BTW IMJack, we live a scant 40 miles apart!

Yep, mother nature is a bitch-whore. I recently got back from two weeks in Lake Tahoe, CA, and do you know how much it snowed in the whole time I was there? Less than one measly inch! The snow all went to places that didn't want it, like the U.P. of Michigan and megalopolis.

FirebrandX said:

IMJack beat me to it on the Texas weather. We've actually had a rather mild winter here compared to most other years. Texas is one of the few places that gets as hot as the Sahara and cold as the Antarctic.

BTW IMJack, we live a scant 40 miles apart!

Heh. Where in Dallas are you?

Scuba Steve said:

Sorry Submerge, It's really hard to feel for you. That sounds like any normal day here in Minnesota.

That's fine. Just make a pistol for freedoom, and I'll be fine.

Looks around and sees trees snow and more snow...and a redneck with a shotgun. Yea im sittin here waitin for the supposible 20cm more were gettin tonite...oh yay...but school is canceled then...YES

btw I am in canada ehhh

I dont think I've ever seen this much snow in NYC ever. Up to my hip in some places. Many small streets are unmanageable unless you've got an SUV.
At least it's not that cold. Dont even have to wear gloves.

Submerge said:

That's fine. Just make a pistol for freedoom, and I'll be fine.

So you guys need a pistol then? I'll see what can be the done about it.

Got about 1" of sleet a couple of days ago, and add onto that several inches of snow and you've got the first cancellation of classes at my college campus due to snow in a couple of years. I've never driven on sand, but driving on sleet probably feels pretty similar. I live in south-central Indiana by the way, and I used to live in Minnesota.