Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lippeth

Steam Replay 2022: Share your playtime summary from this past year

If you're at all familiar with Spotify Wrapped, this is very similar and was a nice surprise to see this year. I imagine that most of us spent far more time with Doom source ports and DOSBox than playing other games on Steam, GOG or other services, but I thought it would be fun to see what some of you spend your time playing on Steam because they made a fun little summary.

To view, go to the main store page, mouse over New and Noteworthy and click on Steam Replay 2022. If you want to share the link here, make sure to set your page visibility to public. Even if you don't want to share it with the public I still encourage you to take a look at your own stats, it goes deeper than you might think!

p0F9o2Q.png

And here's my full summary:

https://s.team/y22/jvdbhgj?l=english

Edited by Lippeth

Was grinding at Touhou 18 at the start of the year but I still haven't actually beaten it on normal yet.

Fk8h6LWaMAE75Fp.jpg

e206b801-dfc8-4a1d-88e4-6268691a1bc9.png.e964fae58f91ca7cd0b2e540fe18b14b.png

Didn't do much, but on New Year's Day, I'm gonna aim for...

Oh no, my achievements disappeared again.

...restarts Steam...

Okay, that's better.

On New Year's Day, I'm gonna aim for

New Year's Resolution

It's an achievement in 3DMark Advanced where you run Time Spy Extreme on, as the name implies, New Year's Day.

Well... Rock and stone, brothers?..

4th game with broken image is "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires".

After all... I saw that I've played less games in Steam since July of this year.

Two gachas on Android emulator and Genshin Impact just eating my free time and this is sad.

3a2ef285-b3ab-49d8-a753-20ccfbd5112b.png.923aad2e7d4b0f5e69c297001549d053.png

^^ Thanks for reminding me about Axiom Verge 2. There goes ANOTHER $20 gift card down the drain..

cRycqCtl.png

this was the year i finally got into those there souls games. Most of the time playing was on PlayStation, but I got the games on PC for modding/cheating/practicing

Sekiro has become one of my favorite games ever

843889d9-2633-425b-8292-596679b39886.png

This is a bit skewed since it doesn't have time spent with games outside of Steam like Doom.

I did however use Luxtorpeda on my Steam Deck, so it did recognize all the Doom I played on it:

image.png

I notice they don't seem to tell you how many hours you spent playing. Probably a good thing as I'm afraid the number would be depressingly high.

e34d8eba-51b1-4d7d-83a7-438dc2c274d5.png.f1fda35912929f8c49956a26aea646c1.png

Edited by Foodles

Yah, I spend ALL of my time playin' either Doom or Bejeweled 3's Dirt Master, err... Diamond Mine
~ something about DM...

steamLife.png

Man I really like Left 4 Dead ;-)

Steam_replay_Lol6.png.f6c00029b313fb89252312abc17f9fad.png

If only Left 4 Dead 1 had a Linux port those two games would have their percentages swapped :-(

Also:

Spoiler

image.png.a81911962c4b3bb9cd40cc06dc4256d2.png

Translation: You killed lots of zombies. A LOT. Probably, the population of a whole state. No, not New York, that'd be insane, rather something like Vermont or Wyoming

Edited by xX_Lol6_Xx

94128acd-232b-4132-92f4-73be16df0720.png.6b796007caa67938fae29d304710ce54.png

vroom and nyoom. all of that euro truck simulator 2 time was in janurary, i was super going thru it and trying to get out of incredibly damaging interpersonal and chemical relationships (i did!). both euro truck sim and beamng come highly recommended to anyone who may desire a nice "going for a drive to clear my mind" virtualization, with none of the potentially fatal consequences of actually operating motor vehicles. train sim was mostly when i had covid (round 2 *cough*!), i probably played densha de go! 2 on ps1 more.

To be honest this doesn't take into account the time I spent on Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 this year which were gog installs, nor Doom 1 or 2 which I just play in portable installations with GZDoom. I did a lot more time on those things I think than what is listed here. 

steam 2002.png

fwHbMwk.png

Apparently I've played 143 different games this year. I believe it, but I probably remember only 15 of them, or so. :P

I also buy too many games. Jeez.

My New Year's resolution will be to cut down on Steam spending...

On 12/28/2022 at 4:13 AM, Foodles said:

I notice they don't seem to tell you how many hours you spent playing. Probably a good thing as I'm afraid the number would be depressingly high.

Too true, though it does feel like a weird metric to leave out.

I also find the January 1st to December 14th cut-off period strange. Why end it there if people are splurging over the winter sale and sinking a lot of time during the holiday period? Maybe they'll iron it out next year?  *looks at tags, recommendations, queues and all the other garbage in, garbage out data on Steam* Well, it sure is a shiny purple jpeg in any case.

Whew. Ok, So those of you who are really observant might notice that I like Jupiter Hell. I don't play any classic Doom games through steam, so none of that will show up.

That said:

k7taE6X.png

@Lippeth Thank you for sharing the How to on this thing, or else I would never have worked it out.

I finished Dark Souls 3, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk 2077 twice, but a full third of my playtime was taken up by Rimworld lol
228c7163-9758-4c67-a533-933da79e7074.png.a3b31d7621763fc1be9549f51f8297ab.png
I wish I could get this thing to track when I fire up a Gzdoom executable.

ADACA rad as hell by the way, it's got a demo up to!

15 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

I also find the January 1st to December 14th cut-off period strange. Why end it there if people are splurging over the winter sale and sinking a lot of time during the holiday period? Maybe they'll iron it out next year?

Yeah I spent about 30 hours this month playing Dark Souls 1, and started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, so it's weird that they're not accounted for at all. Hopefully that'll change by the end of next year.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:01 AM, DuckReconMajor said:

this was the year i finally got into those there souls games. Most of the time playing was on PlayStation, but I got the games on PC for modding/cheating/practicing

Sekiro has become one of my favorite games ever

Glad to see that. I always found the Souls games to be a great balance of RPG and classic game-y video games. I've been planning to replay Sekiro again as well, such a great game.

On 12/27/2022 at 1:05 PM, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

Man I really like Left 4 Dead ;-)

Glad to see the first one is still getting some love as well!

o7uo0y.png

Rest of the stat stuff is in here:

Spoiler

rpw2dc.png

6gzkar.png

lcbj1y.png

Damn right with Judy.

yqb1kq.png

jd4rmh.png

r5iod0.png

Mostly replaying this.  I played it a lot more last year.

4ewhny.png

I feel like I played a lot of games outside of Steam this year, and fewer games overall since I had a bunch of IRL stuff happening.

EDIT: Oh yeah, link: https://s.team/y22/fqbnmk?l=english

Edited by Remilia Scarlet

My main summary section isn't particularly interesting -- Elden Ring is #1, to nobody-who-knows-me's surprise, though I'm also in the "it doesn't count my Doom hours" bucket, so the numbers are sneaky lies anyway. :P

The part I find more amusing is that little genre "spider graph" at the bottom:

spidey-graph.png.6e6a3580792da2f07719e4c1cc30119d.png

Souls-like and Metroidvania are accurate, and so is Survival Horror to an extent (I do have a ton of hours in various Resident Evils), but the "Open World Survival Craft" item is literally just Terraria (which I play like an insane murder-hobo), and "Zombies" is Killing Floor 2 (which is a game all about being an insane murder-hobo). Unfortunately, I have so many hours in those two games that in the years before "Souls-like" was a tag (and before I started getting on a Metroidvania kick), Steam's algorithm saw those and decided "oh you like multiplayer zombie survival sim games then?" and recommended me nothing but stuff like DayZ and similar for years straight. Nope, Steam, I don't like those; don't even play 'em. Swing and a miss, you big data nerd.

Anyhow, it's caught back up at this point. Not that I ever actually follow any of its recommendations, but it's the thought that counts. Ish.

Oh yeah that graph was complete nonsense for me, with "co-op campaign" being the major one and I don't even know where it's getting it from. I certainly never played anything online the whole damn year because I just don't do that. 

I guess Solasta technically has that now but if this shit made sense the graph would be stronger on the Dungeons and Dragons Label at the top. 

Well, just like Lippeth stated, as I play CD versions/using source ports a lot, plus through DOSBox and now GOG Galaxy, and used to play through Bethesda.net launcher (until it was shut down), this is all I got through Steam in 2022:

https://s.team/y22/fnqgtbhq?l=english

3e3dee66-408e-4359-aed2-cea8e45677cc.png