Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vexzin64

I need to recover my map.

hello, maybe you don't remember me, but I'm the creator of the doom builder "portal do mal" map, I didn't continue the project because my computer broke, and the one I'm using doesn't have the same data I had, I remember that I sent my map to someone on the site, so if it's that person, please contact me.I can even find the file on mediafire, but I can't download it because it was there for a long time. Please, tell me what to do.ok.png.e11e9548c1775bd496b8a3d83f6903b4.pngnecessario.png.a3e804841b8b841bd70e6949f920671e.png

Edited by vexzin64

but I'm finding something strange, I'm having the same problem I had once, whenever I try to open it in doom builder this appears:

socorro.png

isso tambem.png

the last time this happened, I had to need some backups and then I managed, but here on this new notebook that doesn't have the same files (backups) I don't know what to do.

Ok, sorry for the delay, I've been very busy, but I tried to do what you said and it didn't work, the person who sent me the download said it was corrupted, so there would be some way to solve it, since even on the slade the only thing that appears is this:

aqui.png

1 hour ago, vexzin64 said:

So there's no way to solve this?

Unfortunately your map cannot be recovered.

When you look at it with a hex editor you see ca 26MB of only zeroes

pQyyhdg.png

But, one last message/question, I deleted some files from my map a long time ago, not on this current notebook, but on another computer that is saved here and does not turn on anymore, I will still fix it, and if I can turn it back on with the same files and photos, will I be able to recover the deleted files?

and also, if you have a file/backup left over from the evil portal, would it work if i tested it in doom builder? or would it be corrupted and not work anymore?

You should be able to take out the hdd and put it in a usb caddy. You should then be able to mount as an external drive on your new machine.  If you have backups/Old versions of your map you should be able to use them.

Recommend some sort of remote version control. I tend to use git and github for my stuff. That way your stuff is safe regardless of whether your computer dies...

If your other defunct computer has SATA harddrives then you can add them easily to your good computer by either connecting power/data cables to your good computer, check the motherboard manuad for the sata connector location, or using an external sata docking station.

Edited by Kappes Buur : added a link