Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xScavengerWolfx

What's your new years resolution for 2023?

I could be anything from something simple to something dumb to what ever it could be, hell it could be you wanna become a pinky demon riding champion (I really wanna see someone make a sprite of doom guy riding a pinky for doom 2016 as a bull). What do you want to do for the new year?

For me mine is kinda short since i don't really do resolutions because i either fail to do them or i just don't care. But mine are the following:

Get more involved with community projects as a mapper.

Learn how to use custom textures.

Make ep. 2 of Abandon: Shadows of darkness with guess mappers to help me with it.

Host a community project <----- This one i will need help with since i've never done one before.

touch grass...... oh wait

keep up with my diet

and finally and this is a long shot but i'll say it anyways, make a map that wins a caco award. Again i know long shot but hey i can dream can't i?

So those are my resolustions. I wanna see what your are, hell you can toss memes in, jokes in and even a shambler head it don't matter it's almost the new year anyways.

To not force myself to eat dessert when I feel full. As I have found out at a recent family gathering, I could have simply saved it for a later date and that would have prevented me from feeling awful for the rest of the evening due to eating way too much sugar...

I resolve to not make a New Years Resolution.

And I've just broken my resolution, so I now have another year of not being beholden to myself.

And since you asked for it:

Shambler.png

I'm still deciding between hosting a cp for Doom's 30th or making a music video inside Doom (an idea that has been in my head for over one year now). I like both ideas but they take time and don't know if I have time for either of them or not.

Oh yeah and maybe make maps or smth along those lines. (I dunno do people even play Doom nowadays?)

11 minutes ago, Jello said:

I resolve to not make a New Years Resolution.

And I've just broken my resolution, so I now have another year of not being beholden to myself.

And since you asked for it:

Shambler.png

Ah yes, there he is. He just's wants a big ol' hug

I'm keeping it simple so I don't disappoint myself in case of failure

Doom related stuff -> release at least one map / small set of maps

Life stuff -> finally learn to drive jesus christ I'm taking so long why

Personal stuff -> you don't have to know ;3

I'm learning again and again that aiming too high is not the way.

My earlier one was 320X200, but game looks very blurry espicially when playing in fullscreen mode and puts a hell lot of pressure on my eyes, can't see what the f is happening few miles away, so I play with 640X400, that one is much more better than 320X200.

1366x768, I do have a 1080p tv that I could use as monitor in theory, but I still have to figure out how to make it work.

Spoiler

Before you quote me, yes I have already tried plugging in the cable.

I am very (I mean: VERY) determined to complete two more chapters of my graphic novel in 2023, and finally release this epic project online. Almost everything is set up for the official worldwide release, and I am planning on posting it for everybody to read next year, for sure. This is the biggest art project of my life so far, and it bears great significance to me as an artist and as a person.

For total completion, it still has ways to go. But the start of great happiness should take place in 2023. I am looking forward to it.

Still 1920x1080 since that old times, when my old monitor with 1280x1024 was burnt out due to power outrage and I was forced to buy new one...

P.S.: Oh... My blind eyes and my crazy mind... Sorry...

46 minutes ago, Dasha W. Frost said:

I am very (I mean: VERY) determined to complete two more chapters of my graphic novel in 2023, and finally release this epic project online. Almost everything is set up for the official worldwide release, and I am planning on posting it for everybody to read next year, for sure. This is the biggest art project of my life so far, and it bears great significance to me as an artist and as a person.

For total completion, it still has ways to go. But the start of great happiness should take place in 2023. I am looking forward to it.

What kind of graphic novel is it?

I hope to get a job that doesn't have "kissing a shotgun" as a viable alternative to turning up (I wish to leave customer service/retail).

Other than that I hope to get therapy, retail work has left me thinking Logan's Run is a viable future scenario.

After a rather busy 2022, I personally going to vow to not get involved in many (if any) community projects and focus of the outstanding projects (Be it UDINO or solo related stuff). My wife and I had our second child nearly 2 months ago now and that obviously takes up a lot of time, so I want to reduce pressure by having fewer objectives to meet this year.

As for anything else, maybe get back into writing/editing the novel I was working on (if only as another source of spewing what relatively small creative juices I have) and probably spending more time outdoors  (Especially if summer doesn't do anything totally stupid like hit 40, a temperature that was deemed impossible to reach until it did that in the summer just gone).

• Rent my very first apartment.
  • Invest in some hardware upgrades for my computer.
  • Hunt for some opportunities to advance my editing career in a meaningful way.
  • Start reading books more regularly again.
  • Improve my work schedule.
  • Improve eating habits and exercise more.
  • Visit some dear friends in other countries.

That's all I can think of right now. Wish me luck!

To make a map for every single community project I join/have joined and not drop out of them.

Get better at making maps.

Make more maps.

Quit my shit job. 

Get a diploma in physics and maybe go to university. 

• I will be walking more and keeping on the eating more healthy track.
  • Get back into painting with oils and acrylics... maybe see if I can learn watercolors.
  • Finish off the remaster of two megawads, The Newdoom Community Project and Vilecore.
  • Read more books.

Daughter is doing pretty good, so this year I'll focus on *me* for once:

Actually getting good at social media self-promotion so I don't have to rely on my publishing house's subpar marketing skills. 

Finish my second manuscript (mine as in, not a ghostwriting Harmony-tier job).

Finally get my gall bladder removed, so maybe I'll stop feeling like shit one day out of one.

Have my recent advancement in career be matched by an advancement in pay. Like, you know, actually getting paid for the work I do, not the one I did three months ago.

Make maps that, for once, won't make people go "Oh look, a Lokk map *nervous smile*"

That's about it I'd say, should keep me busy for the whole year.

18 minutes ago, yakfak said:

the plan is to sit perfectly still for 365 days and not improve in any way

That can't be good for your well-being..

ANYWAY... I stopped doing resolutions because they never seem to work.

Instead, my family, as part of an annual tradition, resorts to black-eyed beans for good luck. (They taste bad to me, but eating just a couple pieces just for good luck is very well worth it.)

Probably try some different hobbies. I feel like I don't do too much so I might try some new things and see what I enjoy. Although that's more of a loose New Year Resolution since I'm not really into the whole idea. If I want to change something with my life, I probably shouldn't wait about for a "New Year" excuse.

Trying to learn more of a new language, try some new modern console/pc fps games or shooters past the Doom or classic boomer shooters (2D sprite-based ones especially) even though i still most likely would prefer the latter more regardless, and other things...