• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kris

DoomWorld Forums

/me starts a new thread
Oh happy me!
I just beat Doom! Man, that took so long. I thought the fight with Spider MasterMind was awesome....now on to Doom2.
Now, before I start to play could you tell what is wrong with it that some of you don't like it?

It doesn't deserve the "II". Let's say DooM's greatest power was it's innovation, while DooM 2 keeps rightful to the formula.

If DooM has a score of 10, DooM 2 would have between 6 and 8.

Damn straight, they might say there's some better level design, but the lack of the "new" enemies would hit hard on it's popularity.

/me starts a new thread
Oh happy me!
I just beat Doom! Man, that took so long. I thought the fight with Spider MasterMind was awesome....now on to Doom2.
Now, before I start to play could you tell what is wrong with it that some of you don't like it?

The spidermind battle was awesome? That was a jokingly easy battle and one of the most boring parts of the game. Especially if you saved the BFG ammo, which you don't even really need for the later inferno levels. With BFG, you can beat the spidermind in 8 seconds, and if you're a halfway decent player, you can start from scratch on e3m8 and beat spidey.

Then again, I suppose it could be a pretty cool experience for a new doomer. But nothing compared to e1m8 or e2m8.

Yeah, I remember when I beat the spidey for the first time, I was just like "...that's it??"

Yeah, I remember when I beat the spidey for the first time, I was just like "...that's it??"

Damn straight. The bosses in doom are laughable, but at least the cyber is dangerous in a tight space or if he catches you off guard.

While I'm on it, anybody remember the cycloid emporer from Duke3d? The battlelord put up a fight, the overlord was a challenge, but the cycloid emporer was dissapointing. Circle strafing with a devastator made quick, easy work of him.

Damn straight. The bosses in doom are laughable, but at least the cyber is dangerous in a tight space or if he catches you off guard.

While I'm on it, anybody remember the cycloid emporer from Duke3d? The battlelord put up a fight, the overlord was a challenge, but the cycloid emporer was dissapointing. Circle strafing with a devastator made quick, easy work of him.

Well the final boss in Episode 4 of Duke3D Atomic Edition was tough as hell!

The OverLord? Hah, I killed him with Mighty Foot Engaged. There's an easy way to hit him without letting him bite you.

Doom 2 is good, in ceartin aspects if I may.
The levels are, lets just say they need to be heavily worked on. Some levels dont even resemble what they're supposed to be, such as the the Tenements and Chasm. I'll give the pros and cons.

Doom 2 according to me,

Pros
----
-New Monsters
-Double-Barrel Shotgun
-New music
-There is a fair share of decent levels
-New Levels !

Cons
----
-Many levels that need to be worked on
-Some of the music sucks
-Levels dont make sense ex: Chasm is full of computers and it's in the hell episode, and sure if you look at it differently it could of been a research area, but nah.
-The final boss should be more than just a wall thing, it should be able to do more than conjure demons and that may telefrag you if you are unlucky.

Overall=If you want to go through 32 levels of pure mayhem and then this is the one for you. But it doesn't deserve the Doom 2:Hell on earth, simply take out the 2 and Doom: Hell on earth would just be a simple extension of the original Doom.

My Thought:I like Doom 2, it is simply awsome and amazing, but there are aspects of the game that feel they were rushed and should of been done better.

-Nightmare Imp

The OverLord? Hah, I killed him with Mighty Foot Engaged. There's an easy way to hit him without letting him bite you.

I was talking about the one in the final level of "The Birth" episode, not "Lunar Apocalypse". The boss that is underwater remember?

Yeah, D'sparil get's quite hard when low on energy. He starts summonning bishops and teleporting as soon as you fire projectile-based weapons. Only hitscans can beat that guy easily.

Yeah, D'sparil get's quite hard when low on energy. He starts summonning bishops and teleporting as soon as you fire projectile-based weapons. Only hitscans can beat that guy easily.

I lost to D'sparil the first time I fought him, right when he was almost dead. Then I tried again and crushed him. Tome of power + Ring of invulnerability + Hellstaff = Dead D'sparil. I just don't like fighting those damned maulotaurs at the end of E5.

The Maulotaurs are real motherfuckers, thanks God they're on your side in Hexen. :)

If there weren't tomes of power or rings of invulnerability in heretic, those things would be impossible. I could still waste that bitch D'sparil though :)

Bah. The Maulotars are easy, especially if you get them in a pond.

Oh yeah? Well I just beat the entire last hub of Deathkings of the Dark Citadel on hard skill with the mage and his stupid wand WITHOUT SAVING. So ha.

Oh yeah? Well I just beat the entire last hub of Deathkings of the Dark Citadel on hard skill with the mage and his stupid wand WITHOUT SAVING. So ha.

I haven't played deathkings. And I wasn't bragging about d'sparil. I found D'sparil from scratch easy as hell, so I bet any one of you could do it.

Hah, that was a joke, moreso than D'Sparil. As for why; you don't have to get close to the guy with the mage. He didn't come close to even hitting me once with one of his attacks. The only hard part was when the Centaurs poured out of the side rooms, although one of them only hit me once. Now with the figher or cleric, that boss would be near impossible to beat.

Well from hence forth I shall refer to you as 'Lying Bitch' until you record a demo of you whacking the last level of Hexen on skill 5 on a fresh start.

It's not that hard actually, you just gotta keep circle strafing like a bitch, shooting non-stop. The very few items you'll find there will help you to beat the 3 death kings. You only need to take cover each time the glass's about to shatter, so the fucker doesn't inmediatly comes after you. Then you can try funny shit with your artifacts.