Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sudolinux

Do you know any terrible Doom source ports ?

Now, it just for knowledge of course, but after asking from a friend if there were any win9x doom source ports that supported glide mode or OpenGL. He said that yes it does, but they suck.

Now a question crossed my mind..

What were the worst Doom source port ?

(PS: i wont talk source ports on game consoles, i'm talking about windows, linux and macOS source ports (even BSD e.g.: FreeBSD))

Thanks !

To be honest I can't really point fingers at any of them, all source ports, exe hacks and derivatives are charming in their own way. But that's my perspective, I'm sure there's one out there that is objectively the worst. 

1 hour ago, sudolinux said:

(even BSD e.g.: FreeBSD))

Heh, nice to see someone mentioning the BSD's

17 minutes ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

To be honest I can't really point fingers at any of them, all source ports, exe hacks and derivatives are charming in their own way. But that's my perspective, I'm sure there's one out there that is objectively the worst. 

Yes for sure, but there is probably one that is bad.

9 minutes ago, Gez said:

That's the kind of thread that cannot end well.

mods will probably lock it up if it doesnt end well, So i think i have to mention this: please don't harass anyone for not liking an source port.

There is no such thing a "bad" source port. Source Ports are like Linux distros: there's something for everyone, even in the smallest niche.

Source ports are developed by other Doom players who post on this site, so topics like this are just places to take dumps on other community members' hard work. Please don't do this again.