Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fluffy Tedster

zdaemon problems galore

OK, every server i go into, except for the old school LOP server, is seriously pissed up. What i mean is, every server running a WAD such as d5 or whatever, leaves me with a messed up screen,if not that, then i can walk thru walls and stuff and its horendously lagged,if not that, then itll be on map 30 or some shit of original doom when the server is running a d5 wad.Also every server, except for old school lop, is appalingly lagged up(but i register 170 ping when it feels more like 600) The plasma is horribly stuttery, there can be 1 second OR MORE fire delay on some servers. The list is endless. What is going on?!?? I know im in UK and most servers are US based, but with old zdaemon, i had no problems at all. Could anyone please tell me what the hell is wrong with it, i find it bizarre that there are so mny errors, surely it cant be bugged up so much. Help please.

His Flufiness, the Tedster.

Windows 98 Second Edition seems to be the only version of Windows that runs Doom properly. Why is that? In Win XP, does Doom run ok if you use the built-in kind of Win98SE emulator thingy?

His Lameness, Lord Lamer :)

I'd seriously recommend making your doom dir c:/doom2. Doom 95's default folders do nothing for making loading Doom ports easier.

Fluffy Tedster said:

going to settings and wad directories setup in zdaemon, my path reads C:\program files\doom ii for windows 95\ is that ok?

My previous post

Fodders said:

Check path to wads, try to ensure it's not got a space in the path, that was sometimes a problem.

is in an alien tongue?

fodders said:

Check path to wads, try to ensure it's not got a space in the path, that was sometimes a problem.

Fluffy Tedster said:

going to settings and wad directories setup in zdaemon, my path reads C:\program files\doom ii for windows 95\ is that ok?

Use "c:\progra~1\doomii~1\" instead of "C:\program files\doom ii for windows 95\", because that's how DOS recognises it. If that doesn't work, try changing one of the "~1"s to a "~2".