Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTS108

[COMPLETELY closed to new submissions now, thanks for mapping!] 10 LINE MASSACRE: It's releasing 01.09.2023 guys I promise :(

Here is my submission for Miniddo:-

miniddoss.zip

EDIT: Made a small update

Edited by SuyaSS

2 hours ago, NiGHTS108 said:

So you may have been wondering what's going on with the final map?

what's going to be the midi used for miniddo? is it going to be a custom midi or an already made midi?

Just now, scientifikgenius said:

what's going to be the midi used for miniddo? is it going to be a custom midi or an already made midi?

Most likely an already made MIDI, I just haven't decided which yet.

2 minutes ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Most likely an already made MIDI, I just haven't decided which yet.

ok, was just wondering.

MINIDDOSUBMISSION.zip

My miniddo submission.
Pls ignore the fact that it is utter garbage.

the gimmick of the ending is that the player goes into the void and is supposed to somehow return to the starting hub area (if there is one) through the void.

To make sure I got it right - we're supposed to make a pluggable 10-line segment that will then be somehow arranged into a map?

Just now, Doomy__Doom said:

we're supposed to make a pluggable 10-line segment that will then be somehow arranged into a map?

Yup, just like making a 10 lines map before

11 minutes ago, LSC Lasico said:

MINIDDOSUBMISSION.zip

My miniddo submission.
Pls ignore the fact that it is utter garbage.

the gimmick of the ending is that the player goes into the void and is supposed to somehow return to the starting hub area (if there is one) through the void.

Oh yeah, sorry to chase you up on a rule I forgot to include, but do you think it would be possible to refrain from using keys? Thanks

1 minute ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Oh yeah, sorry to chase you up on a rule I forgot to include, but do you think it would be possible to refrain from using keys? Thanks

Ok, ill try to remove it, but i dont have time to map yet.

Here you go, my part

mosquito sub.zip

I also suggest that you put a loud noise warning before my part somehow, the 76 revenants might blow out some speakers. 

also also "hey, not too rough" adds like 100 Zombiemen to the end the map

my contribution to "Miniddo"

Name: MINIGARG.rar (Miniddo Gargoyle Fun)

Map number: 01

Build time: about 70 minutes

Difficulty: pretty hard (a lot of enemies, including 2 cyberdemons + spider mastermind)

Spoiler

doom84.png.25a72eb4eccaf51a3c531bebe1894443.pngdoom85.png.8abdb4130a73f0240cbe82ed8f5f96e9.png

MINIGARG.rar

I went back and re-read the entire thread, so I could be on the same page as everyone else. Here are some of my thoughts.

On 1/6/2023 at 12:07 PM, ChippiHeppu said:

Here's an alternate take. Let me know what you think.

STBAR.png.2847b8815793cd2f9732a9834fb48de2.png

Just my opinion, but if you make the SB look like this it would look cleaner. I don't know how to get it to fit like yours does though.

On 1/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, DELTA256 said:

Just in case somebody has something called "skill issue".

That and I'm also one of those people who crave a power-fantasy/convenient gameplay thing with mods,

So, "skill issue" is an urban dictionary or gamer slang thing like PEBKAC and not an editor/source port thing? I'm not a slaughter map nor extremist person myself, but I get what you mean. I prefer smaller, well-crafted, more intimate battles myself.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:33 PM, SPG said:

perhaps folks could vote on ones they liked for a more curated standard 32-ish megawad at some point?

Honestly, I don't like to vote on things like that because I am anti-nepotism. It's like voting on 2 different Lego builds. One being a house and another being a castle. You voted on the castle because that's what Lego sets that you prefer even though the house was an equally amazing build too. I prefer to vote on my top 5 things in 5 different categories though. If we vote on something like that for this project, I will vote on categories like this:

1. Top 5 Most Creative: The most creative use of the limitations.

2. Top 5 Most Intense: The maps with the most challenging battles.

3. Top 5 Most Atmospheric: Self-explanatory.

4. Top 5 Most Relaxing: The most beginner friendly maps.

5. Top 5 Most Unique: This could mean the most unique choice of music or other non-mapping elements.

@NiGHTS108

Because of the nature of this CP I would suggest that you include a separate credits file in your upload. You should include categories like Mapper, Music, Graphics, Testers and Other Contributors credits. This would keep your read-me file cleaner. We also need to know if the maps have additional permissions like modification or re-use for additional projects. I am learning a great deal from the Quake community on how well documented their projects are.

Also, I wanted to change the name of my first map from Cramped Crates to Cramped Cargo. I didn't see that reflected yet in the spreadsheet. I think the new name fits the map better. Also, I made a few small changes to my maps which includes both a UMAPINFO and new ZDoom MAPINFO lumps for ports that support them. I hope that makes it easier for you, and I will drop the new updates soon. Thank you.

Mapper: Arsinikk

Map Name: Bitrate Killer
Map Number: Miniddo section

Format: Boom (complevel 9)
Music: N/A
Build Time: 30 min
All difficulties are implemented with coop spawns

Download:

10lnm-Arsinikk-Miniddo.wad

Comment:
I tried to make a hard map I guess.

Screenshot (spoilers):

Spoiler

10lnm-bitrate-killer-screen.jpg

Edited by Arsinikk

Made an update to my miniddo section.

I Changed the visuals to make it easier to see some of the projectiles, added a handful of enemies to make it a bit harder and removed some pickups from the harder difficulties. I might make a 3rd revision if it's too hard, but I reckon most of y'all are more skilled than me ;)

Ar_e_en_Miniddos_V2.zip

3 hours ago, Halfblind said:

Because of the nature of this CP I would suggest that you include a separate credits file in your upload. You should include categories like Mapper, Music, Graphics, Testers and Other Contributors credits. This would keep your read-me file cleaner. We also need to know if the maps have additional permissions like modification or re-use for additional projects. I am learning a great deal from the Quake community on how well documented their projects are.

Yeah everything will be properly credited in the .txt file and it'll state the project isn't to be reused.

7 hours ago, Halfblind said:

STBAR.png.2847b8815793cd2f9732a9834fb48de2.png

Just my opinion, but if you make the SB look like this it would look cleaner. I don't know how to get it to fit like yours does though.

I experimented with this design. I didn't like how the bottom line clashed with the doomguy face, so I split it into two. I had to sacrifice the vertical line from the ammo capacity counters, though.

I also made the lines surrounding the doomguy face connect with the vertices above and below, since it doesn't cost any extra lines and looks quite nice.

I took the idea of extending the line toward the sides so it looks a bit more interesting for widescreen users.

image.png.4967d55412c1cb4972d5cc13c68be07e.png

Here's how it looks in different aspect ratios:

Spoiler

doom01.png.d87345961b7e5e8fdc0b4b25fb530408.png

doom02.png.54cf605a79c420d16502d2477853dbe9.pngdoom03.png.4813098d67f14d06ffe45c551e6dadf3.png

Do you think it looks nicer than the current one? Anything I should change? Let me hear your opinions.