Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been working on and off on this map since September. Still some stuff to touch up, been busy with some other stuff, so might take me a little while to get around to doing said touch ups. I did just run into an issue where the map now has 21 secrets when there are only 3. I'll have to find out what caused that issue. But anyway, hope you enjoy! Vanilla monsters and textures from Doom 2 with some Duke3D textures in there too. I've only tested it in GZDoom, and it was made in UDMF format. Oh! and the last bit of the level gets pretty hectic with monsters, but there are plenty of places retreat to, and there should be a good amount of ammo and health to get you through. It's one of those maps where you gotta keep moving most of the time. Lmk what can be improved and what not. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i4tmj3aywz3y0ph/DreamVoidBigRoom.zip/file

Screenshot_Doom_20230108_212202.png

I was curious to see where all the secrets where, like 21 secrets?

Then I found this in the editor

Spoiler

You have a bunch of sector tags as secrets that should probably not. the 2 column and all the sector around them

21sectres.gif.22d862dabd2db06da84dbbaf45c6829a.gif

Doomguy being shrunken down and navigating various bedrooms would be a fun idea for a community project.

4 hours ago, Delisk said:

I was curious to see where all the secrets where, like 21 secrets?

Then I found this in the editor

Reveal hidden contents

You have a bunch of sector tags as secrets that should probably not. the 2 column and all the sector around them

21sectres.gif.22d862dabd2db06da84dbbaf45c6829a.gif

Ah yes would make sense! I had recently added those, made that tech room a secret a few months back and added those tech pillars yesterday. Saw that it had 21 secrets, but was burnt out and didn't feel like going through the map to see what it was. Still a WIP, gotta do some texture alignment and a few other little tweeks. Glad you enjoyed it though! And thanks for doing a video! I appreciate being able to see how others may play the map so I know what to fix. Might have that cyber beam in on the bed a little later, the intention is to have him lobbing rockets at the player as they do the light platforming on the dressers and shelves, aha!  

3 hours ago, E.M. said:

Doomguy being shrunken down and navigating various bedrooms would be a fun idea for a community project.

Yeah bro, always enjoyed the old army men games for PC and PS1 and wanted to do something paying tribute to that in a way. Planning on having this level as one of the secret maps in a megawad I've been slowly working on for the last 3 years. 

Looks so interesting, I have a small list of wads I'm planning to play for YT soon and this is going right on it.

2 hours ago, E.M. said:

Reminds me of like a very, very, early map of Minecraft in 2010-11 where the player is in a Tom & Jerry theme house. The player is Jerry and has to traverse around the big house and it was pretty dope from what I remember. If this bedroom idea ever launched a community project out of this theme, I imagine some mad lad would try to recreate those disgusting 4chan, basement dweller, hoarder type bedrooms as a map lmfao.

18 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Looks so interesting, I have a small list of wads I'm planning to play for YT soon and this is going right on it.

Thank's for the interest! Will keep an eye open for your new playthroughs, they are always cozy! Hope you have fun with my map! 

17 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Reminds me of like a very, very, early map of Minecraft in 2010-11 where the player is in a Tom & Jerry theme house. The player is Jerry and has to traverse around the big house and it was pretty dope from what I remember. If this bedroom idea ever launched a community project out of this theme, I imagine some mad lad would try to recreate those disgusting 4chan, basement dweller, hoarder type bedrooms as a map lmfao.

Aha! Gamer battle stations! Make the objective for doomguy to traverse the tower of piss jugs to fight a cyber demon on the top aha! 

As a former Counter Strike level designer, i love seeing "rats" style maps in Doom! It's such a fun concept i hope more people get into it.