Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2023

23 minutes ago, Dubium said:

Screenshots from my new 32-map megawad project named "Neverland"

It mainly uses the COMTEX texture pack, which is quite underrated (even though it is so cool). I hope this megawad can help popularize COMTEX, the same way Eviternity popularized OTEX.

doom148.png

doom142.png

doom145.png

doom169.png

Is it part of, or it supersedes Midnight Isle?

1 hour ago, Thelokk said:

Is it part of, or it supersedes Midnight Isle?

It is not a part of Midnight Isle. I still work on it, albeit very slowly. In the meantime, this megawad is much more prioritized.

7 hours ago, Mordeth said:

Let's kick things off myself. Not a picture but a short video. I've shared this in Discord a while back, so why not show it here as well? Below a WIP of the Mordeth E2 startmap, showing a flying dropship a player can enter, ride to its destination and subsequently land to disembark and begin his mission.

OH for fucks sake. That looks baller.

Now i really want to let loose what i have been keeping in store for so long regarding Mordeth's historic legacy and Doom Millennium. Ill do some PMing soon to see how i can go about with this.

Here's a screenshot for a heavily WIP gameplay mod I'm working on. In it you play as an alien crocodile who's also french and is also a woman and is ALSO a galaxy-renowned super-assassin... it's HEAVILY based around stealth similar to a certain game called IRON COG HARD

Screenshot_Doom_20230103_095328.png.056796526f8239b026a5be6c16e84594.png

7 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Just to make note that i am not making stuff up: I have been talking about this from time to time, here are some new (Well, took them last year) shots of something i posted in last year's thread labeled Mystery.

These are the start-up screen, menu screen and episode select screens of Thrust, the cancelled/unreleased Doom Total Conversion from the late 90's that used a custom engine to achieve, among others, colored lighting effects and such. A one level demo and a resource wad of graphics and sounds is what i currently have, part of the big collection i have sitting in wait for approval.

SRS5WFg.png

ocQo7n8.png

JHCX0W1.png

I remember that! The demo level was, if I remember correctly, the first map from Quake 2.

1 hour ago, Ed said:

I remember that! The demo level was, if I remember correctly, the first map from Quake 2.

Might very well be true, but it is not in the demo i have i believe :P It does have custom colormap effects though and some other stuff i have written up somewhere.  

The features are definitely nice for its time frame (1998) and it was as feature rich as Boom at the time. Later Thrust moved on to a Quake-based engine before petering out. 

I was aware of exactly one person who publically stated they had it (Lut) and lo and behold, he still had the archive which he generously shared when i made my intentions clear. Stuff like this should not be lost to time, way too much effort went into creating it. It should be preserved for the history books.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:45 AM, Mordeth said:

Let's kick things off myself. Not a picture but a short video. I've shared this in Discord a while back, so why not show it here as well? Below a WIP of the Mordeth E2 startmap, showing a flying dropship a player can enter, ride to its destination and subsequently land to disembark and begin his mission.

WOW, a new media release for any of the other Mordeth Episodes after two decades without any updates. Nice work.

23 minutes ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

after two decades without any updates

Mordeth posting his updates mostly in Eternity Discord server and in his status updates. Also he posted one of pic of Mordeth E2M3 in 2017 

21 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Might very well be true, but it is not in the demo i have i believe :P It does have custom colormap effects though and some other stuff i have written up somewhere.  

The features are definitely nice for its time frame (1998) and it was as feature rich as Boom at the time. Later Thrust moved on to a Quake-based engine before petering out. 

I was aware of exactly one person who publically stated they had it (Lut) and lo and behold, he still had the archive which he generously shared when i made my intentions clear. Stuff like this should not be lost to time, way too much effort went into creating it. It should be preserved for the history books.

Agreed. The Doom Community has been pretty remarkable at archiving it's own history. I admittedly forgot about Thrust until you mentioned it. That's a shame, because that demo was one of the first times I think a lot of people realized what doors could be opened with the source release. 

16 minutes ago, RjY said:

sB5RCeN.gif

Fun with MBF options (monkeys, aka monsters climb steep stairs) on Heroes 2 MAP02.

That's both cute and cursed