Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2023

On 1/22/2023 at 10:07 AM, RjY said:

sB5RCeN.gif

Fun with MBF options (monkeys, aka monsters climb steep stairs) on Heroes 2 MAP02.

The only way that could be cooler is if the spider tripped and did some barrel rolls as it descended the stairs.

If the engine could rotate the sprite to match the angle of the stairs' slope...

8 hours ago, Pechudin said:

Playing with gradient lights. My maps tended to be rather bright. Really happy with this choice of aesthetics. Early WIP!

[pic]

That's looking sweet :)

I've been playing through random maps from the archive recently. I'm only playing maps from the Ports section with a rating of 4 full stars or more. If I find any maps with cool architecture, I have been taking screenshots of them. I came across this map this week. I am not mentioning the name of the map, nor the author. You're just going to have to guess, because it makes it fun that way.

Screenshot_Doom_20230124_160904.png.9da19db4c999c8ad631b9925c28a4656.png

22 hours ago, Bri said:

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20230125-221722.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230125-220559.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230125-221430.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230125-222031.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230125-220516.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230125-220429.png

Damnit, Bri - even your iron, oak and gore-saturated environments feel welcoming.

Keep doing what you're doing cos you're doing it right.

2 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Damnit, Bri - even your iron, oak and gore-saturated environments feel welcoming.

Keep doing what you're doing cos you're doing it right.

Thanks! That means a lot to me.

11 hours ago, Ed said:

Having fun with some new texture sets

Doom 3 texture pack?

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Doom 3 texture pack?

Textures I've been making mostly in Blender. I just got past the 400 materials mark. Mostly tech-base right now with some cyberpunk elements mixed in. Definitely Doom 3 / Quake 2 inspired though. 

8 hours ago, Halfblind said:

I've been playing through random maps from the archive recently. I'm only playing maps from the Ports section with a rating of 4 full stars or more. If I find any maps with cool architecture, I have been taking screenshots of them. I came across this map this week. I am not mentioning the name of the map, nor the author. You're just going to have to guess, because it makes it fun that way.

Fun game. :)

I know it's a didy's map , maybe For Whom the Bell tolls

9 hours ago, Halfblind said:

Like Roofi said, one of didy's techbase maps. I think For Whom the Bell Tolls map 01, or maybe Blowup.

If you liked it, you'd be doing yourself a favor to play all his maps from that era: Sine Die, Sigma, Axiom, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Beluga, and Blowup. All of them are only 1-2 maps. His later stuff is good too.

Edited by Not Jabba

'sine die' is one of my favorite mapsets ever. I recommend it to anyone.

@Roofi and @Not Jabba This map is indeed "For Whom the Bell Tolls." I still haven't finished the second map yet. I will finish it when I have more time for it. Technically not my favorite tech map I think ZDoom maps from over 10 years ago have a lot of charm. I did play Beluga, and Blowup over 10 years ago though, but I hadn't played this one yet. I did play Beluga recently again. However, one of my favorite tech maps from that era would hands down be Dutch Devil's - Total Control.

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

thumbs_picdump814_100.jpg

Can't wait till I turn 81 and I can finally play this one. Or is it an easter egg game mode when you rotate the disc 180˚ like playing a Beatles album in reverse?

Whenever I see in my notifications, "Ed commented on Doom Pictures Thread 2023", I know I am gonna see something special. And today was no disappointment. :)

(The same goes for people like @RonnieJamesDiner, @Tango @NaturalTvventy . Plenty of others too, these are just the ones that immediately spring to mind.)

3 hours ago, Darkcrafter07 said:

Seems like this scene finally comes true in some while

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_004114.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_011124.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_083651.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah, anyone can stick doom weapons in the Crysis engine. Not that impressive.

Spoiler

lol joking, those screenshots look really amazing. Well done!

@Kyka it might look even better than crysis to some extent, the question is can it run GZDoom?

Lots of work to do yet unfortunately.