Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD: A Doom II Megawad

28 minutes ago, Vile said:

Meant to comment here but I had a lot of fun with this set, so great work to everyone!

Reveal hidden contents

Concerning the last 10 maps (for ViolentBeetle since that stream was late), I think the main issue was more floating items - in particular, a soulsphere on map25 was out of reach because of this, resting far above the secret sector it was meant for.  On map29, there were also some monsters stuck in pens outside the map with no clear path for them to reach the playable area.

Thanx for the playthrough Vile - top stuff!

I'm glad it's out, it's been fun so far! (I'm at Map 10 rn)

I made Map 02, I'd like to add here that when I made it, I made it easy because of the difficulty specifications, thinking Map 01 would be easy as well

Maybe it's just me, but I feel Map 01 was a bit hard and thought to myself I coulda done my map harder

Hope you enjoy playing all of these!!! Thanks to the compositor who took my map as well, I think it fits well and I like it!

Just now, RemoveUwU said:

I'm glad it's out, it's been fun so far! (I'm at Map 10 rn)

I made Map 02, I'd like to add here that when I made it, I made it easy because of the difficulty specifications, thinking Map 01 would be easy as well

Maybe it's just me, but I feel Map 01 was a bit hard and thought to myself I coulda done my map harder

Hope you enjoy playing all of these!!! Thanks to the compositor who took my map as well, I think it fits well and I like it!

Honestly, having seen your map in early development, it was a lot more fun than I expected in the final version. It's simple, and easy, but it has a lot of charm.

Hey this caught my eye with the themes that were laid down for everybody.  Reminds me of what I liked about solar struggle in constricting people.  Enjoyed the first 5 maps and found a lot of cool visuals, especially the canyon level!  I did play on UV continuous as per the recommendation, though it seemed like everything did have a pistol start in mind at least.  Was very easy as such but obviously it's supposed to be in the first chapter.  Did play the second chapter as well so that'll be up soon too.  Great work!

It's a bit late but I noticed that my track for MAP10 is a lot quieter than its surroundings. It might be hard to fix with my current tools and I don't really have the energy at the moment, but if anyone wants to make it louder I'd welcome that.

By the way, all of the first ten maps are excellent, and I'm sure the remaining 22 will be great too.

I don't want to be overly pushy, but are we going to have an official completion and idgames upload? After a few experiences I developed a fear of projects getting stuck in limbo.

I'm against letting anything stuck in limbo, but for the time being I have no time to do the necessary polishing and idgames-thingy.

I'm starting to work on the videos. If no external reasons interfere, then by the end of the summer I will try to record everything down and post it!

@DFF, on your MAP13: Comm-link Control and MAP17: Charcoal Pit I couldn't get all the monsters to teleport out of the technical zones (on MAP13 it's one arachnotron and on MAP17 it's two mancubi). Is there any way to get them out?

Edited by RaRu Des2122

20 minutes ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

I'm starting to work on the videos. If no external reasons interfere, then by the end of the summer I will try to record everything down and post it!

@DFF, on your MAP13: Comm-link Control and MAP17: Charcoal Pit I couldn't get all the monsters to teleport out of the technical zones (on MAP13 it's one arachnotron and on MAP17 it's two mancubi). Is there any way to get them out of there?

Well i think I tested both of these and got 100% kills but something may have gotten funky. If not a compat issue would require modification of the maps.

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Well i think I tested both of these and got 100% kills but something may have gotten funky. If not a compat issue would require modification of the maps.

If it is theoretically possible, then I will try again. Maybe I haven't tried everything...

I play with GZDoom v4.10.0.

Edited by RaRu Des2122

No, I still don't understand, @DFF, how to get them out. I'll attach screenshots to make it clearer who I'm talking about:

1837790476_StuckedarachnotrononMAP13.jpg.5ac293b3aa486c8fb95bf1dbad9f9eb0.jpg

447043452_StuckedmancubionMAP17.jpg.8fdedacc1eb4299c15bc24e389c0f6a3.jpg

If you know how to make them teleport, then tell me, pls.

It seems that these mancubi don't even have a theoretical opportunity to teleport - there are no blue lines in their sectors, unlike the neighboring ones.

3 hours ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

No, I still don't understand, @DFF, how to get them out. I'll attach screenshots to make it clearer who I'm talking about:

1837790476_StuckedarachnotrononMAP13.jpg.5ac293b3aa486c8fb95bf1dbad9f9eb0.jpg

447043452_StuckedmancubionMAP17.jpg.8fdedacc1eb4299c15bc24e389c0f6a3.jpg

If you know how to make them teleport, then tell me, pls.

It seems that these mancubi don't even have a theoretical opportunity to teleport - there are no blue lines in their sectors, unlike the neighboring ones.

I'll take a look in the editor. It's possible something was missed or the latest version of the map was not compiled into the main WAD

Both of these teleport issues seem to be due to the teleport destination being too close to a ledge. For MAP17 teleport things 556 and 557 need to be moved to co-ordinates -208/-624 and 144/-624 respectively. For MAP13 the same issue, teleport thing 191 needs to be moved to -48/-1024.

@Ofisil Has this been uploaded to IDgames yet? Its been 4 some months without much word. If it needs another full playtest i can try and slot that in.

If it needs like one more update before getting sent over to Id games archives i would like to fix one tiny flaw i made when doing map 03, where you grab the blue key card there's a missing texture by the door.

I don't remember who pointed that out but i haven't gone back and fixed it yet because i didn't know if this got shipped over to Idgames yet

7 minutes ago, DFF said:

Both of these teleport issues seem to be due to the teleport destination being too close to a ledge. For MAP17 teleport things 556 and 557 need to be moved to co-ordinates -208/-624 and 144/-624 respectively. For MAP13 the same issue, teleport thing 191 needs to be moved to -48/-1024.

@Ofisil Has this been uploaded to IDgames yet? Its been 4 some months without much word. If it needs another full playtest i can try and slot that in.

As far as I know, this project has not been uploaded to idgames yet.

@DFF, @xScavengerWolfx, so I think you can update your maps and put them here. It is unlikely that @Ofisil, when he returns, will refuse to put the updated maps into an unreleased project.

On all other maps all monsters can teleport and be killed without any problems (although on Map27 I didn't immediately realize that the four revenants and the baron of Hell were attacking me after taking the box of shells - I didn't have to take it.), items are collectable and secrets are foundable. So if there are any problems on them, it's only related to textures, linedefs and so forth.

8 hours ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

@DFF, @xScavengerWolfx, so I think you can update your maps and put them here. It is unlikely that @Ofisil, when he returns, will refuse to put the updated maps into an unreleased project.

On all other maps all monsters can teleport and be killed without any problems (although on Map27 I didn't immediately realize that the four revenants and the baron of Hell were attacking me after taking the box of shells - I didn't have to take it.), items are collectable and secrets are foundable. So if there are any problems on them, it's only related to textures, linedefs and so forth.

I would have to grab the entire mega wad and do fixes to my maps only. The only thing i know that needs fixing is a missing texture in map 03. I can see what i can do.

Also this is a released project i don't know for sure if he would "refused" to update it but who knows. Anyways like i said i would need to grab the entire megawad and do some fixing to my maps only. I think @DFF should do the same if they have the chance to get around to it.

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

2 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Also this is a released project i don't know for sure if he would "refused" to update it but who knows. Anyways like i said i would need to grab the entire megawad and do some fixing to my maps only. I think @DFF should do the same if they have the chance to get around to it.

The WAD may be considered finalized, I don't think it's truly considered "released" until it's archived but I'm probably wrong on this. If a change is pushed I could modify my maps but as easy as it would be it's not worth uploading my maps with the changes listed since it's a minor change that can more easily be done on @Ofisil's end than mine. It's the difference between moving 3 teleport things over reimporting 2 whole maps. I believe that kind of change was what you were thinking aswell.

48 minutes ago, DFF said:

The WAD may be considered finalized, I don't think it's truly considered "released" until it's archived but I'm probably wrong on this. If a change is pushed I could modify my maps but as easy as it would be it's not worth uploading my maps with the changes listed since it's a minor change that can more easily be done on @Ofisil's end than mine. It's the difference between moving 3 teleport things over reimporting 2 whole maps. I believe that kind of change was what you were thinking aswell.

The only thing that Map03 needs is a texture where you grab the blue key card but other then that, re importing maps would be a major pain just for small fixes. When ever Ofisil is on we should ask him about it since he was the one that spear headed this project i feel like he should get the final word.

Besides i got my solo project I'm currently working on and i don't wanna stop that one to do a minor fix if you know what i mean.

38 minutes ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

I understand. So, we can only wait for Ofisil and his decision on both the maps and the megawad.

Pretty much yes.

Hey there people. Been away for some time, without access to my PC.

As I've mentioned life is in the way so I can't work that much on the project.

What I CAN do however, is take any updated maps you can give me and throw them in the pile for some additional testing.

Sadly, while I used to fix many of the mentioned issues myself, that's impossible for me right now. Basically I can't even test the bloody thing.

Send me any updates when you want, and I'll reupload the wad. If the team thinks we are ready after that, then I will work on the Id Archives thingy.

All i know is i need to fix a missing texture in Map03 and for map 31 i do not have an idea if there's any issues with it unless someone has played tested it and haven't told me about it yet.

But when i get around to it i will take a look for myself and do some fixes to my maps and send them over here to be reuploaded

Edit: So here's the thing....I forgot i already did some fixes to map03 long while ago but i was saving it in case i needed to send it over for an update.

Also i looked into Map 31 and i didn't find any issues with the map at all, unless someone has found any bugs in please let me know since i'm working on a solo project at the moment and i don't want to stop working on it unless i really have too.

Other then that i will send them over when i get the chance for you Ofisil.

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

Can't believe I managed to miss the big launch. So cool to see this wad out. I think we all know that Map 8 is clearly the best map in the set by far. In all seriousness tho I had a lot of fun working on this and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!

Thought I would look for a map by @DavidN to pay him back for playing my crap - good times nicely designed techbase with fun secrets to find - I enjoyed it!

If anyone has the time, i need some feed back on map 31. I have map03 small update done but i want to send both to Ofisil for updating the megawad and not just the one. It would really help me out since i know map03 had a missing texture and i found a few other issues i wanted to fixed. But i got the fixed missing texture version ready to go for him, I just need to know about map 31 if i need to do some fixing on that, if not then i'll hand in the fixed version of 03 to him and call it good on my end. 

@xScavengerWolfx,

I have passed it more than once and have not found any problems. All items and secrets are foundable. All monsters can be killed without cheats and don't get stuck in technical zones. I didn't find any sliding textures or anything else like that either. I think it can be inserted into the final version of the megawad without updates.

By the way, @DFF, how are things going with updates of your maps?

1 hour ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

@xScavengerWolfx,

I have passed it more than once and have not found any problems. All items and secrets are foundable. All monsters can be killed without cheats and don't get stuck in technical zones. I didn't find any sliding textures or anything else like that either. I think it can be inserted into the final version of the megawad without updates.

By the way, @DFF, how are things going with updates of your maps?

I know in map 03 when you grab the blue key card, there was a missing texture under the door so i fixed it in the newer one, and i also made a few changes as well.

As far as Map31 goes (if your talking about that one when i requested feedback) when i went back into it i didn't find anything wrong that needed fixing. So i'll send ofisil the final fixed version of 03 and call it good on my end.

Here's the updates. M13 now teleports properly and i removed the 2 mancs from M17, moved the cacos to hard and medium.
Link: Map13 & Map17