Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED77

[Community Project] 666CRETS - A CP about secrets (PRIVATE ALPHA 0.2 )

best i send my screenshots in, i'm planning to still involved with the project.

a working title could be "Satan's Garden" or "Temple of One" or something sinister like that.

the difficulties are implemented, so far. will add some tweaks and changes. easy, ofc, has no enemies.

some screenies:

Spoiler

1663063318_Screenshot2023-01-29073153.jpg.6dab9349b5e329225fc11a141de9d73b.jpg

Spoiler

352127884_Screenshot2023-01-29072858.jpg.b13e340e14da91f8e2aa37f5ce97f2b2.jpg

Spoiler

1880633184_Screenshot2023-01-29072701.jpg.b5c76e4a02dce32878b42c7686f2d63e.jpg

Spoiler

151175501_Screenshot2023-01-29072733.jpg.ccb6aad6ae8f1ae8f53645579c226ce3.jpg

what i had in mind for satan's garden was a sort of linear set of progression. although the keys can be captured in any order, there is a pattern of red then blue then yellow. i have the red and blue secrets completed, but i'm still stumped on what to do for the yellow key, which is the main exit key. maybe a book area? a book puzzle? idk lol

the main hub area where all the keys are seems a lil devoid of detail, i know, but i think it gives it a little bit of 1995 charm.

below this sentence is an image of the exit, which is blocked off by this dead body pillar of sorts. it is opened through using the yellow key button, which i intend to be the hardest to find in the map. again, still kinda stumped for ideas.

246926698_Screenshot2023-01-29073742.jpg.1b8fedce77139278c88c3c2ededfbc3a.jpg

i hope this map has been acceptable, and i look forward to adding more updates to this map in the future.

31 minutes ago, scientifikgenius said:

best i send my screenshots in, i'm planning to still involved with the project.

a working title could be "Satan's Garden" or "Temple of One" or something sinister like that.

the difficulties are implemented, so far. will add some tweaks and changes. easy, ofc, has no enemies.

some screenies:

Reveal hidden contents

1663063318_Screenshot2023-01-29073153.jpg.6dab9349b5e329225fc11a141de9d73b.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

352127884_Screenshot2023-01-29072858.jpg.b13e340e14da91f8e2aa37f5ce97f2b2.jpg

Hide contents

1880633184_Screenshot2023-01-29072701.jpg.b5c76e4a02dce32878b42c7686f2d63e.jpg

Hide contents

151175501_Screenshot2023-01-29072733.jpg.ccb6aad6ae8f1ae8f53645579c226ce3.jpg

what i had in mind for satan's garden was a sort of linear set of progression. although the keys can be captured in any order, there is a pattern of red then blue then yellow. i have the red and blue secrets completed, but i'm still stumped on what to do for the yellow key, which is the main exit key. maybe a book area? a book puzzle? idk lol

the main hub area where all the keys are seems a lil devoid of detail, i know, but i think it gives it a little bit of 1995 charm.

below this sentence is an image of the exit, which is blocked off by this dead body pillar of sorts. it is opened through using the yellow key button, which i intend to be the hardest to find in the map. again, still kinda stumped for ideas.

246926698_Screenshot2023-01-29073742.jpg.1b8fedce77139278c88c3c2ededfbc3a.jpg

i hope this map has been acceptable, and i look forward to adding more updates to this map in the future.

Those screenshots look pretty cool. I like that fleshy pilar on the last image. Thanks for the update.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:58 AM, RED77 said:

Hide contents

00_concept.png.ffa18fd9bc553df8677fb28b6cb1d501.png

This concept has already been done before.

It's called Eternal Doom

(joking)

Also, for the 6 secrets you need to finish a level, there should be a requirement where all the switches to reveal secrets are expertly hidden, so it takes forever to finish the levels.

1 hour ago, Master O said:

This concept has already been done before.

It's called Eternal Doom

(joking)

Also, for the 6 secrets you need to finish a level, there should be a requirement where all the switches to reveal secrets are expertly hidden, so it takes forever to finish the levels.

I know is not for everybody, but I think there's a fine line between  "on the nose" and "Frustrating".

I've taken a look at the textures and brainstormed ideas but no map start yet.

@RED77 one question I did have for map15 (and likely 31 too). Are these maps alotted extra secrets? Or more than the 6? Seems like there should be room for more since there are the secret exits. Something like 3 for the secret exit might be good. Or will there only be the secret exits and maps 31 and 32 are in the normal progression?

13 minutes ago, DFF said:

I've taken a look at the textures and brainstormed ideas but no map start yet.

@RED77 one question I did have for map15 (and likely 31 too). Are these maps alotted extra secrets? Or more than the 6? Seems like there should be room for more since there are the secret exits. Something like 3 for the secret exit might be good. Or will there only be the secret exits and maps 31 and 32 are in the normal progression?

MAP31 and 32 I have them RESERVED for a special level and credits one.

About the secret exit, I'll grant 3 extra secrets, but I'll require that you use some kind of language to signal which secrets grant access to the simple exit and with ones to the secret one.

What do you think?

9 hours ago, RED77 said:

CHECK DAY #1 (JAN 29-2023)

So, We made it to the first checkpoint for the project!
So far we have 20 spots taken (4 already finished and 1 with an update.)

I want to thank @RataUnderground, @RastaManGames, and @DRON12261 for their entries. 
I'll be not tagging you in future CHECK DAYS since your MAPS are considered COMPLETE.
Of course, if you what to make any updates just let me know.

About updates, I've received news from @Stabbey and his map "HEX APPEAL" including a really cool screenshot. 
He came around with some good concerns and I've fixed a F.A.Q in the OP with his and other participants' enquires, with some answers and adjustments to the project.

To all our other partners on this project, I'll give a quick shout-out just to know if you are still on board. (just a simple "YES" is enough).
We have a lot of time till the deadline (JUN 25-2023) so, no pressure, just keeping track. 
@Bri0che @Angry Saint @knifeworld @Rabbid @Thelokk @scientifikgenius @HUNdebLeonidasX @noob_killer012345678 @Pegleg @DFF @King Know-Nothing @Worm318 @Niloquì

Also, if I can help in any way please feel free to reach out and I'll be glad to give a hand. 

Thanks to all of you!

yes

You know, I like the concept and I'm already having some ideas, so it could be the time for me to actually make some mapping and join a community project. XD

I'll take map 21, in case my map abilites only allow me to make a map so ugly that it becomes the Nirvana of the wad.

10 minutes ago, Fadri said:

You know, I like the concept and I'm already having some ideas, so it could be the time for me to actually make some mapping and join a community project. XD

I'll take map 21, in case my map abilites only allow me to make a map so ugly that it becomes the Nirvana of the wad.

Lol. Don't be that hard on yourself.

Great to have you! welcome

11 hours ago, RED77 said:

To all our other partners on this project, I'll give a quick shout-out just to know if you are still on board. (just a simple "YES" is enough).
We have a lot of time till the deadline (JUN 25-2023) so, no pressure, just keeping track. 

I barely started. I have a very early concept and some puzzle prototypes only.

12 hours ago, RED77 said:

@Bri0che @Angry Saint @knifeworld @Rabbid @Thelokk @scientifikgenius @HUNdebLeonidasX @noob_killer012345678 @Pegleg @DFF @King Know-Nothing @Worm318 @Niloquì

Progress is going well. The last 3 secrets will be added soon I just need to think of puzzles for them.
09xMkGv.png
znoqPg5.png
VJhhDbp.png

11 minutes ago, knifeworld said:

Progress is going well. The last 3 secrets will be added soon I just need to think of puzzles for them.
09xMkGv.png
znoqPg5.png
VJhhDbp.png

Those screenshots look sick! love that vibe

1 hour ago, Worm318 said:

I barely started. I have a very early concept and some puzzle prototypes only.

No problem. Just checking. Thanks for the update

6 hours ago, RED77 said:

MAP31 and 32 I have them RESERVED for a special level and credits one.

About the secret exit, I'll grant 3 extra secrets, but I'll require that you use some kind of language to signal which secrets grant access to the simple exit and with ones to the secret one.

What do you think?

I think that will be reasonable. I can make that work, I'll let you know what I come up with.

18 hours ago, RED77 said:

I want to thank @RataUnderground, @RastaManGames, and @DRON12261 for their entries. 
I'll be not tagging you in future CHECK DAYS since your MAPS are considered COMPLETE.

About updates, I've received news from @Stabbey and his map "HEX APPEAL" including a really cool screenshot. 
He came around with some good concerns and I've fixed a F.A.Q in the OP with his and other participants' enquires, with some answers and adjustments to the project.

Also, if I can help in any way please feel free to reach out and I'll be glad to give a hand. 

Thanks to all of you!

Still very much on board!

5 hours ago, King Know-Nothing said:

Still very much on board!

Amazing. Thanks for the update

Just to be completely sure, it's okay to use monsters in Easy as long as is impossible for them to hurt you, right?

Because I want to do something with that.

2 hours ago, Fadri said:

Just to be completely sure, it's okay to use monsters in Easy as long as is impossible for them to hurt you, right?

Because I want to do something with that.

Yes is ok. Also be sure that the player can not kill the monster if not intended.

5 hours ago, Rabbid said:

I'm still here... couldn't get here yesterday...i'm here.

No problem. Thanks for the update! 

On 1/29/2023 at 4:27 AM, RED77 said:

YES

It will be a bit of time before I'm able to really get to making this map, but I have an idea to start with, so that's always a plus.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

YES

It will be a bit of time before I'm able to really get to making this map, but I have an idea to start with, so that's always a plus.

Amazing. Thanks for checking in.

51 minutes ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

So far so good, Here's some screenshot, So far there is three hiding demon.
image.png.be00ec48ac86c157936962c97a566dfb.png

image.png.fa4f4ccd4b29e4b4940579b9d51c2048.pngimage.png.7feb37a78849ff9de118fd754895d6d1.png

That looks pretty good.

Cant' wait to check those setups!

On 1/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, Bri0che said:

All right ;)

I've started my map yesterday, not finished at all and it take the slot MAP01 (don't worry I'll give it the slot MAP02 later, this is just better for me).

Honestly I didn't knew it would be that fun to design a secret-themed map. I have some good inspirations from Portal and other puzzle games.

I already plan maybe to rework some parts, etc. but here is a lil beta of the beginning, I present you MAP02 - "Aperture's Diplomacy" :

(music is "The Profound" from Fortress 2 Blue)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gl0quetz17o0agi/MAP02.wad/file

Tell me if you find any rule break or if you have any suggestion !

Hey @Bri0che. I tested this the same day and totally forgot to give any feedback.
So far it's a really solid start. I'm intrigued by the red key setup.
To this point, everything seems on point with the project.
Great work. and thanks for the update

9 minutes ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

BTW planned name for my map: Dessert search for Techno Baal

Noted!

On 1/29/2023 at 10:27 AM, RED77 said:

Thanks to all of you!

I'm usually a late bird and will do 99% of the work on the last month, but I'm still here ATM.

1 hour ago, Angry Saint said:

I'm usually a late bird and will do 99% of the work on the last month, but I'm still here ATM.

Great to hear. thanks for the update.

ok so uh update... I've got bad news... uh my power went out and now... I lost the WHOLE MAP I was making... which means I have to start from scratch... great way to start a tuesday... tired and mad...

I will restart but for the lost map, its as good as gone, don't try and find it... all you need to know was that it was gonna reference 6 different games... as I finished the first part which was Portal... but now...yeah