Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED77

[Community Project] 666CRETS - A CP about secrets (PRIVATE ALPHA 0.2 )

Just now, Rabbid said:

I'm on Doom Builder 2 so thats my first issue lol

Why not use a more current version, such as Ultimate Doom Builder or even Doom Builder X?

Let me just sum up what was happening
1. a maze...thats it...
2. a bunch of buttons, the solution is just to ignore them
3. find a switch to open a switch to shoot that switch
4. the whole level would fall like the walls would open up and everything would be one flat plane
but now I have none of that, and the maze took a REAL long time

3 minutes ago, RataUnderground said:

Why not use a more current version, such as Ultimate Doom Builder or even Doom Builder X?

I mean I could but I don't want to accidentally make it strictly GZdoom

Plus I don't think I can install Doom Builder X

@Rabbid I don't think there is any chance that you could accidentally convert an already created map from boom to UDMF xD
Do you have a PC with a VERY old operating system?

Just now, RataUnderground said:

@Rabbid I don't think there is any chance that you could accidentally convert an already created map from boom to UDMF xD
Do you have a PC with a VERY old operating system?

I mean I'm on windows 10... oh and also my PC is kinda just very horrible in general... says its from 2020 but its more like its from 2004 as it lags whenever I play the lowest demanding games like GMOD or even GZdoom

2 minutes ago, Rabbid said:

I mean I'm on windows 10... oh and also my PC is kinda just very horrible in general... says its from 2020 but its more like its from 2004 as it lags whenever I play the lowest demanding games like GMOD or even GZdoom

Yeah, I'll recomend change to UDB

@Rabbid Anyway, I recommend that you at least try Doom Builder X (Simply unzip this zip file into a folder and it will be ready to run). It's a fairly light version with low requirements. You will feel at home and it is a bit more up to date, so it may be more stable.

If you need any kind of guidance or help with the mapping process, I believe there are many people on Doomworld, including myself, who can assist you.

Just now, RED77 said:

Yeah, I'll recomend change to UDB

Sure I'll Changed to UDB, but at the same time that doesn't really help me with my PC lol

12 minutes ago, RataUnderground said:

@Rabbid Anyway, I recommend that you at least try Doom Builder X (Simply unzip this zip file into a folder and it will be ready to run). It's a fairly light version with low requirements. You will feel at home and it is a bit more up to date, so it may be more stable.

If you need any kind of guidance or help with the mapping process, I believe there are many people on Doomworld, including myself, who can assist you.

it like immediately crashed while I was trying out...not a great sign.

That's super weird. If your PC runs win10 should totally run DBX. 

Just now, RED77 said:

That's super weird. If your PC runs win10 should totally run DBX. 

I mean it does...but it was the reason of crash that raises question...
the way it crashed was by using the stair builder.

maybe your map has something drawn that's crashing the builders?

It happened to me once.

32 minutes ago, RED77 said:

maybe your map has something drawn that's crashing the builders?

It happened to me once.

No it wasn't that I was just testing the stair builder and it crashed XD

also I think I figured out the issue... its called "action sector cannot be removed onto a normal sector"
also known as asbrons

I made a lot of progress this week. Initially I put a lot of destroyed buildings in the outdoor area but they were too distracting, so I changed it to a big lava pool. I still need to redo a few buildings for the remaining outdoor area, but I decided to focus on the fights first.

I added enemies, weapons and ammo for both medium and hard. I may still modify something for UV, but I don't have plans to modify stuff for HMP (unless feedbacks).

Download map

Screenshots

Spoiler

HinGdfi.png

YjjWW9l.png

RAA7eUY.png

p9GiMER.png

YWNhIhL.png

FWhKyse.png

FVmMyl4.png

5E3zmvW.png

7 hours ago, Niloquì said:

I made a lot of progress this week. Initially I put a lot of destroyed buildings in the outdoor area but they were too distracting, so I changed it to a big lava pool. I still need to redo a few buildings for the remaining outdoor area, but I decided to focus on the fights first.

I added enemies, weapons and ammo for both medium and hard. I may still modify something for UV, but I don't have plans to modify stuff for HMP (unless feedbacks).

Download map

Screenshots

Reveal hidden contents

HinGdfi.png

YjjWW9l.png

RAA7eUY.png

p9GiMER.png

YWNhIhL.png

FWhKyse.png

FVmMyl4.png

5E3zmvW.png

Hey @Niloquì. I still have to playtest the UV, but HMP and EASY skills seem perfect, I only have 3 notes:

Spoiler
  • A) I know there are two caccos here, but I don't know how to make them come out to play
  • B) this missing texture here
  • C) you can press those two buttons early on by jumping from here.

back.png.c273a9798f8a337ab54e4ed5ad04fb3e.png

Otherwise, everything is perfect.

I'll try to give UV a shot ASAP

2 hours ago, RED77 said:

I only have 3 notes:

A)

Spoiler

If you go inside the little building with the green armor, the wall lowers and the cacos come out. My idea is that you need to walk on the wall and fall in the room with the armor, and once you go out the cacos come out... but I just discovered that you can SR40 directly in that room, so you don't need to walk on the wall lmao

Well, I'll leave the skip in.

B)

Spoiler

I have no problems with OpenGL, so it's only a software render thing. I changed the shape a little bit and now it should be fine. I should remember to play the map using software render since this is not the first time this happened (I already found another one near the exit).

C)

Spoiler

I have put some teleporting line to avoid this (but you can still jump on top of the table if you do a precise movement)

@RED77
Still working slowly on my map, never been a rather fast mapper. Thematically the map will consist of 3 (or more?...) slightly identical areas that change theming and some layout between eachother. I plan to hide switches and events that will uncover secrets in the others. Hopefully once i finish layout for the first area the other two will fill in quickly. Some screenshots of progress:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Niloquì said:

A)

Reveal hidden contents

If you go inside the little building with the green armor, the wall lowers and the cacos come out. My idea is that you need to walk on the wall and fall in the room with the armor, and once you go out the cacos come out... but I just discovered that you can SR40 directly in that room, so you don't need to walk on the wall lmao

Well, I'll leave the skip in.

B)

Reveal hidden contents

I have no problems with OpenGL, so it's only a software render thing. I changed the shape a little bit and now it should be fine. I should remember to play the map using software render since this is not the first time this happened (I already found another one near the exit).

C)

Reveal hidden contents

I have put some teleporting line to avoid this (but you can still jump on top of the table if you do a precise movement)

Perfect! Thanks for the update

19 hours ago, DFF said:

@RED77
Still working slowly on my map, never been a rather fast mapper. Thematically the map will consist of 3 (or more?...) slightly identical areas that change theming and some layout between eachother. I plan to hide switches and events that will uncover secrets in the others. Hopefully once i finish layout for the first area the other two will fill in quickly. Some screenshots of progress:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, @DFF those screenies look really cool. Cant wait to see more!

5 of 6 secrets are done now, working on the last area and once done I'll have a playable demo (for ITYTD and HNTR at the moment).

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230531_231325.png.52c2c6b8c30707df3324d91183877747.png

4 hours ago, Fadri said:

5 of 6 secrets are done now, working on the last area and once done I'll have a playable demo (for ITYTD and HNTR at the moment).

Hide contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230531_231325.png.52c2c6b8c30707df3324d91183877747.png

Oh! look that fleshy hell. I dig it

Ok... I've got my motivation back... Gonna focus on the Layout, save it THEN add in everything, I'm then gonna post it here for playtesting to see what I should change because I'm not a great playtester and I'm usually good at HARD maps.

I finally have a beta version of my map, attached here.

Temporary submission form:

🔸 Map Name: I am in your walls
🔸 Author: Fadri
🔸 Music: Puzzle Bobble Theme, composed by Kazuko Umino and Yasuko Yamada. Midi version by Joshua Kaufman.*
🔸 Ports Tested:
-DSDA-Doom v0.25.6
-GZDoom v4.10.0
🔸 Difficulty Settings: Yes**.
🔹 Notes:
There are monsters in easy difficulty, but no one should be able to hurt you or be killed by you (but they'll die after they fulfill their role).
*If using music for another game can be a problem, I have another midi in mind that I can use.
**HMP and UV are not balanced yet and some combats are missing or incomplete.

666crets-MAP21-beta.zip

2 minutes ago, Fadri said:

I finally have a beta version of my map, attached here.

Temporary submission form:

🔸 Map Name: I am in your walls
🔸 Author: Fadri
🔸 Music: Puzzle Bobble Theme, composed by Kazuko Umino and Yasuko Yamada. Midi version by Joshua Kaufman.*
🔸 Ports Tested:
-DSDA-Doom v0.25.6
-GZDoom v4.10.0
🔸 Difficulty Settings: Yes**.
🔹 Notes:
There are monsters in easy difficulty, but no one should be able to hurt you or be killed by you (but they'll die after they fulfill their role).
*If using music for another game can be a problem, I have another midi in mind that I can use.
**HMP and UV are not balanced yet and some combats are missing or incomplete.

666crets-MAP21-beta.zip

Ok... I just opened it, and I was not expecting that song. Lol. I feel like a kid once again.
I'll be back with feedback ASAP.

19 minutes ago, RED77 said:

Ok... I just opened it, and I was not expecting that song. Lol. I feel like a kid once again.
I'll be back with feedback ASAP.

I tested that map and boi, was it challenging. 

12 minutes ago, RataUnderground said:

I tested that map and boi, was it challenging. 

10 minutes ago, RataUnderground said:

I think when the project is done, whe should provide a "hints manual" with hints for each map xD

I've just finished testing the easy skill. It's true that there are some obscure things, and the linearity can make it frustrating. That being said, I love the gimmick.
I'll make more in-depth feedback once I test the monster's difficulties.

And about the hint manual that sounds like an interesting idea. I'll see What I can make of it.

OK, I think this is pretty much the final version. Unless fixes after playtesting.

Enjoy!

🔸 Map Name: Transition Labs

🔸 Author: purple_ruberoid

🔸 Music: Upstate Devil by Augustus E. Knezevich (Mayhem 2018 Purple Edition! - MAP17) - not sure about copyright

🔸 Ports Tested: DSDA-Doom 0.25.4 -complevel 9

🔸 Difficulty Settings: implemented

Download - MAP24 v0.3

at this point, I've decided I'm not gonna give up, I've spent too much time on this map to just scrap it, I'm finishing it.

I've decided to keep the environmental secret areas... but, scrap some other things, I'm gonna keep the ending and difficulty (My plan is to make it monsterless on easy, basic doom map on medium and Slaughter on Hard,

I've also edited the midi a slight bit at the end...if you know any 1000 gecs songs you'll know what I added.