Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED77

[Community Project] 666CRETS - A CP about secrets (PRIVATE ALPHA 0.2 )

I already had a though about a similar concept ! I'm in :)

I'm not charged at all and have surely a lot of time for mapping. I'll take slot MAP02  If you want :)

12 minutes ago, Bri0che said:

I already had a though about a similar concept ! I'm in :)

I'm not charged at all and have surely a lot of time for mapping. I'll take slot MAP02  If you want :)

Amazing! Thanks for joining

Now this is a project that checks my boxes. Claiming map07 (don't worry, no Dead Simple clone pinky promise).

Edited by Thelokk

35 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Now this is a project that checks by boxes. Claiming map07 (don't worry, no Dead Simple clone pinky promise).

Great news! Map 07 it is!

7 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

I am... interested

Sure, you like some specific map number?

Edited by RED77

Trying not to join too many new projects but the deadline here is super reasonable and I'll probably make a small map, so sign me up for MAP4!

In b4 Map30 is called "The Sinful Secrets".

But anyways I thought of an idea - heavily inspired by Shai'Tan Map30 and CC2 Map30.

The map starts with 8 (ITYTD/HNTR/UV) or 6 (HMP) Spawners, activated on start. Every secret you find, a door opens (similar to Map30 in CC2). When all the doors are open, the Icon of Sin gets telefragged by a voodoo doll ending the level. Keep in mind the easier levels have 8 because they spawn at half the speed, so they'd actually have the equivalent of 4.

In addition, this level could also have three hard to reach switches or keys that are not marked as secrets. Hitting these switches or the switches associated with the keys will cause some of the spawn spots to be covered by a wall, which slows down the rate monsters come in.

2 hours ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

This looks really good.  666ecrets implies that you want 666 secrets in total when the project is done though.  Which you should go for!

I considered that at first, but It was a super ambitious goal, So I've decided to leave it to 6 per map.

4 hours ago, ChippiHeppu said:

Yo, this is a really cool idea! Looking forward to checking this out.

Thanks for the hipe. I'll work hard to publish this on the best way possible.

1 hour ago, knifeworld said:

Trying not to join too many new projects but the deadline here is super reasonable and I'll probably make a small map, so sign me up for MAP4!

Wellcome aboard!

1 hour ago, RataUnderground said:

Give me map 05 then : )

Yours it is!

1 hour ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

In b4 Map30 is called "The Sinful Secrets".

But anyways I thought of an idea - heavily inspired by Shai'Tan Map30 and CC2 Map30.

The map starts with 8 (ITYTD/HNTR/UV) or 6 (HMP) Spawners, activated on start. Every secret you find, a door opens (similar to Map30 in CC2). When all the doors are open, the Icon of Sin gets telefragged by a voodoo doll ending the level. Keep in mind the easier levels have 8 because they spawn at half the speed, so they'd actually have the equivalent of 4.

In addition, this level could also have three hard to reach switches or keys that are not marked as secrets. Hitting these switches or the switches associated with the keys will cause some of the spawn spots to be covered by a wall, which slows down the rate monsters come in.

Interesting. Does this imply combat as mandatory?

42 minutes ago, Rabbid said:

thats cool

Thanks man!

yeh though idk if I would do it because i'm not good at puzzle based maps... I mean if there would be combat every now and then I could do it... but I usually focus on combat XD

2 minutes ago, Rabbid said:

yeh though idk if I would do it because i'm not good at puzzle based maps... I mean if there would be combat every now and then I could do it... but I usually focus on combat XD

I know that rule would prevent many people for participate, but I think the project with that spirit in mind.
Let me know if you decide to participate. Always cool to have more people.

44 minutes ago, RED77 said:

Interesting. Does this imply combat as mandatory?

Some combat is mandatory,  but you would be able to determine how much by choosing how many spawners there are. Obviously, the main concept is the secrets to damage the Icon, and solving puzzles to get the keys can slow down the Icon. But there will always be that sense of urgency when you hear the cube spitting. 

If the secrets are considered "hard to find", perhaps reducing to 1 or 2 spawners could account for that, plus there won't be too much combat.

3 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

Some combat is mandatory,  but you would be able to determine how much by choosing how many spawners there are. Obviously, the main concept is the secrets to damage the Icon, and solving puzzles to get the keys can slow down the Icon. But there will always be that sense of urgency when you hear the cube spitting. 

If the secrets are considered "hard to find", perhaps reducing to 1 or 2 spawners could account for that, plus there won't be too much combat.

I do really like the concept, but I think the No-Harm difficult is a big part of this project. So Sadly It won't work for this. 

3 hours ago, scientifikgenius said:

i'll join in. seems interesting, taking map08

Amazing! 

2 hours ago, Thelokk said:

Question: can higher difficulties also be monsterless?

I think it's better to have the option of a map that can kill you, even if the chances are low. So No, Fights on higher difficulties are required (but they can be simple/not that threatening)

1 hour ago, RastaManGames said:

@RED77 Please, count me in, lad!

Great to have you!

so just so I know... how would monsters technically work, do harder difficulties have ITYTD Monsters or can we really pick how hard it is... just as long as the secrets are just as hard? its kind of confusing...
it does say they are technically allowed...also by stack x50 you literally mean to put 50 bullet boxes...don't you? XD

totally removed the part of me forgetting its only 6 secrets.

Edited by Rabbid

4 minutes ago, Rabbid said:

so just so I know... how would monsters technically work, do harder difficulties have ITYTD Monsters or can we really pick how hard it is... just as long as the secrets are just as hard? its kind of confusing...
it does say they are technically allowed.

totally removed the part of me forgetting its only 6 secrets.

Easy should be harmless. Meaning the player should not have any possibility of dying. 

Medium: Now you can make the map with harm, so, monsters and barrels are ok, but the map should be accessible to the medium-skill player. So, think of a casual play.

Hard: It's all allowed, but the map should be possible to beat. No absurd difficulty or resource deprivation. meaning: No 128x128 room with 2 cyberdemons and a berserk pack. think challenge, not for super pros/grinding players.