Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Merry Widow

Mild rants

I just need to vent a little. Guess it won't matter if this post ends up deleted. No, I'm not mad at anyone. But it's just these little things. Oh, let's see. My best friend's wifi wouldn't work on her tablet and phone, so I loaned her my extra fire tablet. Her dog chewed up the case and broke the screen. The dog is fine. The tablet was not, brand new. Oh well,  it's replaceable. And oh, boy! my fridge is messed up, had to turn it off mostly. My place is getting inspected today, been sick off and on,  so the landlords will yell...again. The next door neighbor, I ignore. A lot. At least the wifi on this laptop works.  I know stuff like this happens to all of us here and there. This last thing is what undid me. Talking to my grandson on his bday so therefore the wifi on my other tablet went out. Emailed him from my laptop to let him know what happened. Why didn't I call? Someone hacked the tracfone website a year ago. Landlords told me I have to have a phone. Nope. I could go on, but I won't. This sounds worse than it really is...not. Where I live, it's typical. But there are people in other places that are far worse off. I hope it gets better for them. Well.if anyone reads this, thanks. I'm not asking for sympathy, I always survive so far. I'll still hope everyone has a good year and beyond. At least my sense of humor works.Best of luck!

I'm having trouble following what you're saying, but I'm sorry things aren't going well for you. I wish more people were willing to talk about what's going on in their life. It helps people connect to the person behind the username. Nothing wrong with venting every now and then.

Oh, sorry about that. I'm just having a bunch of bad luck lately. It did help to vent tho. I'm really not asking for sympathy. Been thru a lot worse. Trying to keep my sense of humor intact. Thanks for being concerned, it is very much appreciated.  :)

1 hour ago, Widow said:

Oh, sorry about that. I'm just having a bunch of bad luck lately. It did help to vent tho. I'm really not asking for sympathy. Been thru a lot worse. Trying to keep my sense of humor intact. Thanks for being concerned, it is very much appreciated.  :)

It's okay, I understand everything except for the Tracphone part. Your landlord requires you to have a phone but your account got hacked?

When it comes to what we perceive as good or bad luck, I try and remind myself that the universe is nothing but a series of events, some seemingly random, some influenced by others. I believe in causality and synchronicity, but not in luck. The universe is too entropic by nature for luck to really be a thing. That usually helps me get over any feelings of misfortune. 

Hope that makes sense, I'm kind of half-awake and maybe talking bullshit I can't really tell right now!

@Magicmushroom:Tracfone account was hacked, yes. One of those pay as you go. Thank you!

@Murdoch: Thank you. It does help a lot. But I will be ok.

@Somniac: Luck? Murphy's Law, Occam's Razor or whatever. One thing I do know, there are others far worse off. Yeah, you make sense. Wile this bs of mine is going on, I still gotta laugh a bit. Kind of like go figure.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck run, I tend to find that's usually the case, everything happens at once, it'll pass though. Your best friend should have offered to replace your tablet really, I'm glad the dogs fine but if I borrow something I consider it my responsibility until it's returned and if I own an animal I consider its actions to be my responsibility too.

@Wyrmwood: Thank you!

A minor update: a guy upstairs from me & a friend has been messing with the cable tv & wifi Don't quite understand the how, but I know the why. He doesn't like us. He also makes a lot of noise at night bc no one talks to him anymore. We've all tried to be nice so that's on him. I stay to myself so I do ok. He's harassed me a few yrs ago so I had words. Again, thanks everyone. Thought yu guy would like to know.

Life seems to get weirder the older one gets. ;)

Sorry you had some bad luck recently. Hopefully things will get better for you.

Bad luck happens to everybody... but I have to say...  all that stuff is nothing at all compared to the horrorshow that is my life.

Sometimes the only thing to do is to size up a situation and realize all you can do is laugh.  I've been there in some of those items from your situation - keep your chin up!  Things always get better.

@vyruss: You are right about laughing.

The day did end ok. The wifi will still only work on my laptop, but at least it works. My apartment did pass inspection, so did a close friend's. There was a short meeting with the guy that's been messing with the cable & other people's wfi. It was explained to the guy that the reason some of us won't talk to him is bc of harassment plus a few other things. He was told to be quieter at night or be written up. And I finally got some sleep. While the whole day wasn't perfect it was close enough. Thanks for the replies. It helped a lot.