Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Whacked Update

Last time I used it it lacked the misc tab. I had to redit everything with dehacked because whacked took out those entries when I loaded it up in there.

Since Dehacked still works on my machine, and Whacked is VB, I've decided to stick with the original.

Not that VB is horrible, but I don't want to take chances with my Blake Stone TC DEH file.

Heh, I understand your suspicions about VB DarkWolf. BTW, weren't you working on a Doom Wad Database... in VB? :)
And Rellik, you're right. Too fast almost... :)

Yeah it was in VB, but like I said on my site, the dependencies were too great for it to be worth-while. Plus there's a web site which has a more complete database than I had.

I'm not giving up on VB completely, I'm just not going to do complex projects with it.

This is very nice. Definitely improving. Getting the misc/weapons section up and running would be nice.

Although the original Dehacked still works fine for me (sound and everything) under Win 95 and 98, it's a shame something like this didn't come about long ago. A few years back, there was a guy, RThanos, on the Doom Legacy message board working on a windows version of Dehacked called DLDHEED with the intent of having new features. Unfortunately, it was never released as far as I know.

This should be helpful to WhackEd users who want to edit the misc/weapons stuff and can't run Dehacked. It's all the settings at default except monster infighting turned on. It's a toggle so I have no idea what the off value is. Just remove it to set it to the default off.

Just modify to your heart's content and paste into a patch you saved with WhackEd.

What I did was change every setting in that section, save the deh patch, and change everything back to normal in the dos text editor.

DarkWolf said:

Since Dehacked still works on my machine, and Whacked is VB, I've decided to stick with the original.

Not that VB is horrible, but I don't want to take chances with my Blake Stone TC DEH file.

You don't have to worry in any case if just make a backup of your .deh file. Then you can play around with impunity.

Kirby X said:

Windows-based DeHackEd replacement? WTF??

But DeHackEd works fine on MY Windows XP...

Although a Windows version Dehacked seems to be a pretty good idea! ^_^

Hey jerkstore, you realize you've bumped an old thread?

Sign in to follow this